Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I work with all guys and have lots of guy friends. There are a few that really like to flirt but I don't think they secrently have a thing for me. I'm loving some of the responses!!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:
    he is not honest about his feelings. or he is gay
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    All my life, nearly all my true friends have been male. One or two of them were friends after a brief relationship, but I've never had a "just friend" male that turned into a relationship. I like to keep that separate. These are all real life friends. I don't collect friends on the internet. That said, I believe men can also have female friends without having to get in their britches.... or whatever they call that on the internet these days.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its all that, jokes.
    No...if you showed up naked, he'd close the door on your face.

He saw me naked once, it was bad timing. Nothing happened.

He saw you naked, but were you seducing him? I'm sure if he randomly saw you naked, he wouldn't rape you.

Yea never raped me..And..I dont need to seduce men, just sayin
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:

You and your roommate will always be platonic, because you want it to be that way, and the same with the friends you would never do anything with, but I can gaurantee you that they would all touch your special spots if you let them.

lmao "touch your special spots" hahaha sorry, I have kids and I see that being brought up in middle school health class
  • dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    my bff of life is male. he has been there thru thick n thin with me, since i was 13 and im now 28. BUT...there was a big huge love confession about 8 yrs into our freindship. we stopped talking for a long time after that. apparently everyone was privy to this info, but i was completly blind to it. we started talking again after almost one year...we know we're only friends...we kissed once when we were 15, lol, its neve gone any further than that, and we've even slept in the same bed together 100x. im sure if i handed it out to him he would take it, but that aint gonna happen, lol. we're just besties for life :D

Worst freindzone story ever! I feel so bad for him! :'(
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It goes like this on MFP forums…

Girl says “Hi I’m new here!” ….. Guy says “She wants me.”

Girl says “Thanks for the friend request ;)” ….. Guy says “She likes to play!”

Girl says “Why did you send me pictures of your junk?” ….. Guy says “Because you’re a girl on MFP.”
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Given a chance, I would bed her. I don't have female friends for that reason. They are trouble makers...if I am dating someone, the lady I am dating is jealous of the female friend.

I don't think it applies to all guys, but the majority yeah..."thing" is a huge understatement.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    we've even slept in the same bed together 100x.
    what???? most men would have to have sex with u 100x or sent to the couch 100x for trying.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    this is interesting...the guy friend that you are talking about is obviously not really friends with these girls.

I have had many male friends in my life that were only friends.... but NOT A SINGLE ONE that at one point or another was not A) interested in me or B) I was interested in him. Sexual attraction to the opposite sex is natural. So my stance is it is not impossible but very, very, very difficult for male and female to be just friends.

I also think another difference is that men would typically act on such feelings before *most* women.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have more male friends than female friends. None of my male friends want to sleep with me, or at least I dont think they do. I do get an occasional message on MFP that is very creepy :laugh:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Given a chance, I would bed her. I don't have female friends for that reason. They are trouble makers...if I am dating someone, the lady I am dating is jealous of the female friend.

I don't think it applies to all guys, but the majority yeah..."thing" is a huge understatement.

And i thought I was your friend:(
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    For the interest of science, I had sex with all my male friends. Now the need is gone.
    Ahem.. stillw aiting on my turn.. WTF over!
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    One of my closest friends was a guy, we were best friends since like fifth grade. Then he got a crazy girlfriend who was super intimidated by me and so he stopped talking to me. Even after they broke up our friendship was never the same. We've never had sexual tension, and was definitely more of a brother to me than anything.

I don't know, I have lots of guy friends and we've never crossed any lines. Maybe it's because I've always felt myself to be one of the guys?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its only that, jokes.

LOL. Yeah, sure. He totally has a thing.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No. This is fairly absurd really.....the notion that men can't have platonic friendships with females......I have many.....and even if I was single would have no "thing for them" or "desire to bang them"
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of guy friends I hang out with....If I was to say "hey lets go screw" majority would...hahaha

I avoid sexually awkward situations as much as possible but there is def tension between a few of them and myself ....

outtamyway....if that is the case then put your tongue back in your mouth. hehe jk

:laugh: :tongue:

Should come with a disclaimer that the couple male friends that there is actually tension between is because we really have slept together....a long long time ago hahaha PRE-BABY - young, dumb and drunk.

I'm a very forthcoming person so most topics aren't off limits to talk about. There were plenty of times after work (old job) I'd go out for a beer with the guys and every now and then I did have to remind them that there was a vagina sitting at the table! haha They'd ask my opinion on a waitresses *kitten*...I'd give it
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny reading this thread and seeing most women say they can just be friends and then every guy that's posted has said no way haha
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I don't have a thing for any of my many female friends, i even think they are so beautiful...but i dont fancy them. I think the idea of treating opposite sex friens any different to other friends is silly, people are people, friends are friends.