50 Shades of Grey....Love it or Hate it?

Options

Replies

• CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Have no desire to read 50 Shades of Grey.
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    To begin with I thought it was terrible, then I got into the story, its quite a reasonable storyline, apart form the shockingly bad grammar, repetitiveness and terrible innuendos, I read all three because despite all of these annoyances, I wanted to find out what happens in the end!

As for the "sexual" side of things, didn't rock my boat I'm afraid!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It was okay. My husband benefited through the first book, then it became a pooly written story I couldn't put down... :grumble:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    To begin with I thought it was terrible, then I got into the story, its quite a reasonable storyline,

You must not read much.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I loved them.
  • elektradarling
    Options
    To begin with I thought it was terrible, then I got into the story, its quite a reasonable storyline,

You must not read much.

As I already noted, the grammar and repetitiveness was terrible, but I still wanted to know what happend, I read it in about 2 days! And for the record I read ALOT.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    OH BE STILL MY HEART!

I think this is why I decided to get back on MFP.... I was so envious of there relationship, Christian and Ana were both in awesume shape... made me wana be healthy and be in top fitness condition.. The books soooooooooooo Changed my life..... When i wanted to eat unhealty.. I wld refelct back on several meetings between the 2!... amazing story! Make ya wana be the best ya can be! N~JOY !!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You must not read much.

As I already noted, the grammar and repetitiveness was terrible, but I still wanted to know what happend, I read it in about 2 days! And for the record I read ALOT.

But ... there is no story in those books.
  • elektradarling
    Options

You must not read much.

But ... there is no story in those books.
    Well I thought there was. Anyway, everyone has their own opinion of it, you might not have liked it but others did, I'm kind of neutral on the matter, I wanted to find out what happened but it was painful getting there will all the terrible "love" scenes. Other people think its wonderful, everyone has entitlement to their opinion and everyone will see things differently :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    hated-it.jpg?w=300&h=231
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Don't know; don't care.
    Heard of it. That's all.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    OH BE STILL MY HEART!

I think this is why I decided to get back on MFP.... I was so envious of there relationship, Christian and Ana were both in awesume shape... made me wana be healthy and be in top fitness condition.. The books soooooooooooo Changed my life..... When i wanted to eat unhealty.. I wld refelct back on several meetings between the 2!... amazing story! Make ya wana be the best ya can be! N~JOY !!

:noway: :explode: :laugh:
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My wife read these books. Best two weeks of my life......

Wow a man who finally enjoys the books without even reading them. LOL I'm not into all that BDSM stuff, but I found the books entertaining.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I don't like it because people think that's hardcore BDSM and it's not. It's like intro to BDSM kiddie course.
  • elektradarling
    Options
    I don't like it because people think that's hardcore BDSM and it's not. It's like intro to BDSM kiddie course.

Agreed! After all it is based on teenage fan fic :)
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    Read them coz I had a broken leg.. Never finished the 3rd.. picked up an old Anne rule book and read that instead. Lol.
  • Dana2282
    Dana2282 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i read all three books thinking they would keep getting better with each one. but it was the exact opposite. the first book was the best, 2nd was boring and the 3rd was a disappointment. after all the good things i heard about it, maybe i was expecting too much. but it seemed like alot of stuff was repeated over and over.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hate it! I only read half the first book. It annoyed me. I didn't like so many traits about both characters and the girl just got on my nerves.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    OH BE STILL MY HEART!

:noway: :explode: :laugh:

GLAD I MADE YOU LAUGH! LOL:huh:
  • BUBrat2
    BUBrat2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it was meant for a Young Adult audiance based on the writing. For all those women out there that think Christian Grey is a great guy and are "madly in love with him" need to get their heads examined if that's the type of man you like. Please let my husband call me stupid and control my every move and I would enjoy wondering if I made him mad all the time and tip toe around his anger. That would be a lot better than the always sweet, loving, has me on a pedistal and I can do no wrong husband I have. I read the books out of pure curiosity to see if the main character actually got smart. Caught myself more than once physically rolling my eyes.