40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No kids of my own, but really enjoyed seeing all the kids out tonight!

sdereski - sorry to hear about all your weather problems, hope everything recovers quick for you
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The drawer of my desk is begging for me to open it and take out the Halloween candy I hid in it yesterday. Why do I sabotage myself?????:sad:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    The drawer of my desk is begging for me to open it and take out the Halloween candy I hid in it yesterday. Why do I sabotage myself?????:sad:

OMG - I ask myself that EVERYDAY! :tongue:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

So, I ate more chocolate yesterday than I normally do in a week!
    Did manage to get a run in and it was good, albeit on the treadmill. There was freezing rain and snow yesterday, so not a good day to run outside.

Today is lifting day. :happy:

My granddaughter was adorable yesterday, but I did not get to see her in her costume. :sad: But she was keen to put the treats in the kid's bags as they came to the door. We had fun. :happy:

Today, I have already had one halloween size chocolate and a piece of cake " We survived the Flood" cake. :grumble:
    There I go - sabatoging myself!!!!
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 41 here and I think I can pass for cool. :) I'm married and have a 9 yr old son who still thinks I'm cool but I'm sure that will change once the teenage years get here. But for now, I love it. Have been in need to lose weight most of my adult life. My manager uses this site and has lost a lot of weight. I love the ease of it - so much easier than WW, which I have dabbled in here and there for the last 10 years, never succeeding due to my own self-sabotage. I'm hoping my friend will join me here as well to be a weight loss buddy.
    I'm scheduled for breast reduction surgery end of Nov and hope to lose weight before and after to really hit spring with a whole new body shape for myself. Good luck to us all! :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    Oh, sdereski, I can BEAT that! having sacrificed "junk food" for many, many weeks, I got my weigh-in, photos and tape measurements done yesterday morning.

I then proceeded to eat potato chips from afternoon snacktime - until bedtime - mixed in with Halloween treats and homemade popcorn!

OMG. I'm sure I had a 7,000 calorie day, yesterday!

Today, I had a luncheon with chinese food - so, another 1,200 calories in THAT meal, alone!

My gosh....the DAMAGE CONTROL I'm going to have to do is going to HURT. I'll start on Saturday....because it's my birthday on Friday, and I'm probably gonna celebrate some!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm fasting today....can't make it to the gym (too busy at work).

It's my birthday.

I have to work all weekend.

I'm a bit sad about that.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I couldn't get to the gym yesterday for lifting, nor today for cardio. It looks like an unplanned 5 or 6 day gym break, for me.

Am keeping my calories low.

I did fast, yesterday, and broke my fast with my birthday supper of ceasar salad, beef tenderloin in a red wine reduction, truffle mashed potatoes and roasted broccolini. NO alcohol. NO dessert. Came in under 1,200 calories. Yay!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 52 and my kids are grown up and married. Loving life right now. :) It is never too late. I'm starting my 2nd half century much happier than the first :)
  • buchbrun64
    Options
    I always wanted to wanted to be one of the cool kids - LOL. I will be 48 on December 1st. I am newly single after a 31 year marriage. I have 10 children, ages 30, 28, 25, 24, 14, 12, 7, 6, 4, and 3. I am also a Nana to a 7, 5, 2, and 6 month old. : ) My weight seemed to go up along with the decades and I gained in extra 10 pounds as a "bonus" when I went through the separation/divorce. : ) I have about 20 pounds to lose. I currently lift three times a week and do cardio six times a week. I have not really been able to drop any weight yet but am hoping slow and steady will win the race. I kinda have a two year dead line - would like to be where I want to be by my 50th birthday and be working on maintenance but we will see. I am very busy still raising kiddo's and am going back to college in January to finish my bachelors which I also want to have done by the time I am 50. So, lot's of goals and just looking forward to this next chapter in my life. Not sure I fit in with the "cool kids" but, again, excited to find this group and to begin to reach my goals! Loving all I am learning here.

M
  • Jason3589
    Options
    42 year old UK male, where do l sign up?
  • kalch
    kalch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    10 kids? That inspires me. I have none. Single. Just out of toxic relationship of 12 years without any kids. Lost myself to almost 250 pounds, now down to 222 pounds. I'm 44. I just wanna get to around 200, then ramp up (or down) to 180. I'm 5'9". Canadian. My goal is about 205 by xmas..
  • guapogringo
    Options
    I am cool like dat.
  • buchbrun64
    Options
    10 kids? That inspires me. I have none. Single. Just out of toxic relationship of 12 years without any kids. Lost myself to almost 250 pounds, now down to 222 pounds. I'm 44. I just wanna get to around 200, then ramp up (or down) to 180. I'm 5'9". Canadian. My goal is about 205 by xmas..

I was in a toxic relationship for 32 years. This was my quote today that summed it all up....."“There'a a phrase, "the elephant in the living room", which purports to describe what it's like to live with a drug addict, an alcoholic, an abuser. People outside such relationships will sometimes ask, "How could you let such a business go on for so many years? Didn't you see the elephant in the living room?" And it's so hard for anyone living in a more normal situation to understand the answer that comes closest to the truth; "I'm sorry, but it was there when I moved in. I didn't know it was an elephant; I thought it was part of the furniture." There comes an aha-moment for some folks - the lucky ones - when they suddenly recognize the difference.”
    ~ Stephen King ~
    So, moving on and creating a positive future for me and, as I call the six youngest, my "six pack"!!!! : )
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Cool kids! I am 42, have two grown kids and a grandson, who thinks I am the shizz!! I wanna play :D
  • kalch
    kalch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow... 10 kids.
    I wish you the absolute best. stay strong.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Birthday Beeps!! Hope you had a fantastic day!

I saw a Naturapath yesterday. I was tested for all sorts of things. She found that my adrenal gland is severely compromised, so she put me on a restricted diet for 6 weeks. It's going to be a test for sure. I have to be wheat free, dairy free, sugar free and caffeine free. :tongue: What's left?? meat, nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables. I'll give it my best shot.

No workout yesterday or today - did do major housecleaning once I got home. Have a B&B guest. :happy:
  • makoman99
    makoman99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A club I can join...sign me up!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Monday all.

Welcome new cool kids!

Ran and skated yesterday. The plan was to go for a 3-4 mile run and I ended up running over 7. :happy:
    Went skating again for about an hour and a half. Don't do that well, so am practicing. I really want to roller blade well this summer without needing someone there with me to help me stop. :laugh:

Have started the "clean eating" diet the naturapath put me on. so far, it's okay. Have made a few slips with eating things that were on the "forbidden" list, but it is a learning curve.

Lifting day for me today.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't log my food over the weekend, or exercise... I had a "learn to homebrew day" on Saturday, which I organized, and it had me running all over, plus drinking beer. Sunday was just a lazy day, and I stayed in bed for most of it :-) Have to make it to the gym today.