First baby...how old were you?

Options

Replies

• tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was 17 years old turned 18 a month after she was born. I had a son 6 years later. Glad I had my children early as I was diagnosed with cervical cancer at age 26 and had to have a hysterectomy. So had I waited I would not have the beautiful children I have now....
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Im in ohio and got married at 18 and had what I call a honeymoon baby but never had a honeymoon ;) My daughter was born the day before our first wedding anniversary. Almost 27 now and have two other little guys. My first was not planned but she wasn't prevented and as much as I love my children, I won't lie and make things out to be all rainbows and butterflies and can say I would never condone or suggest to anyone to have kids that young. Marriage, house, and baby. Of course it worked out for us and we are still happily married but we've had our struggles and it wasn't easy, especially when we feel strongly that I should stay home with our children and now homeschool our oldest.
  • NursRatchett
    NursRatchett Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was 19
    From Iowa, USA
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Age now: 47

Age when I had my 1st child-24
    Age when I had my 2nd child-27
    Age when I had my 3rd child-36

Yes, big age difference from the first 2 and the last one, but I couldn't be happier that I waited! Finally the girl I wanted and both boys are out of the house now!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 now.

Got pregnant with my first on my trip to visit my friend/boyfriend (for the first time) when I was 22. We got married 3 months later, and the month after my son was born I turned 23. My husband was 32.

We had "known" each other online and had talked on the phone for 4 years before we ever met in person. In the 6 weeks before my trip our relationship kinda changed from "just friends" to "oh, there might be something there." When I stepped of the plane it was like we had been dating for years, no awkwardness at all.

I lived in Wisconsin, but got pregnant in Oregon. How's that for a geographical oddity?

Had our daughter 4 years later, when I was 27.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    29 for my first and 31 for my second
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Age now: 53
    Age when first child was born: 30
    Age when second child was born: 33
    Age when third (and last) child was born: 40!!!!

With my last child, I thought I was in menopause. Asked the doctor to discuss hormone replacement with me. She replied,"Let's talk prenatal vitamins instead!" :laugh:

Thank God my Hubs was as thrilled as I was! Our "baby" is now 13, and although we seem to be the oldest parents at the PTA, we're OK with that! :drinker:
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm 33 now. My daughter was born 6 days before I turned 22. Best birthday present ever. :happy:

I'm from the Boston, MA area.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I was 43 when my son was born...wife was 35!
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Age 25

First (maybe only) 23

Rochester NY
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    I was eighteen. I am now 70:smile:
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was 19 when my son was born. Had foolishly gotten married, had my sweet boy and am going through a divorce young
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    31 when I had my first, (1979)
    36 when I had my secomd (1984)
    Now 64
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    At the time we lived in Missouri and Arkansas.

1st baby- I was 19
    2nd baby- I was 21
    3rd baby- I was 23

I am now 37 and my 1 st baby is graduating high school this year :o( I am glad I had mine all young. I had more stamina then than I do now.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st 5weeks after my 21st bday.

Miscarriage:21
    2nd: 22
    3rd:23
    4th:25
    5th:26

and soon to be 6th: 27

:)

Hence, I am here to lose baby weight LOL :)

Oh how I thank the LORD for my many blessings!
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, almost 24 now, and I'm from Texas, but now we live in the Bay Area.

I was 19 with #1, 21 with #2, and 22 with #3.

My husband and I got married five weeks after baby 1 was born. He's 4 years older than me.

Then we just started knockin 'em out!

We're done now though. We're both full-time students and it'd be too much, but I'll be honest in saying that I am sad that we will never have a baby boy together. Now that my youngest is one, I am kinda freaking out at the thought of no more babies.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    married at 20. first baby at age 24 and 2nd at 29. i was married in 1965
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    Sydney - Australia

1st - 19 ( now 8yrs old)
    2nd - 23 ( now 4 yrs old)
    3rd - 24 (angel baby)
    4th and last - 26 ( now 1 )
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Married at 19, just now planning to start a family at 25 years old. Will be 26 if we get pregnant his year. Only a few of the girls I went to school with have started their families, most haven't yet.
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    Married at 27. First baby at 34.