First baby...how old were you?

Replies

• Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    I was pregnant at 19, and had her after I turned 20. I had my second baby at 23.
    I have to say I'm so very thankful to have my girls while I'm young and energetic. I have some 30-40 something parents who are always talking about how tired they are after work, and feel guilty about not doing as much with their kids.
    I know not every 30-40 something parent is like that, I just think I would be that way in 10 more years. :-/
    Also, I will be in my 40's when my kids graduate and (hopefully) move out on their own. WOW!

i was definitely considerably more exhausted with my third, at age 35, than i was with my first at 25. and sometimes it's a bit of a stunner to realize she won't be 18 until i'm 53
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    First child I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant, had him at 21. My husband and I got married when I was 5 months pregnant with him.
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    At the time 1st was born: Fairfax, VA

Age now: 47

1st: 21
    2nd: 23
    3rd: 27
  • From Idaho

16-pregnant & had him months after turning 17 (he's now 16)
    18-2nd child (she's now 14)
    23-3rd child (he's now 9)
    26-4th child (he's almost 7)
    29-5th child (he's 4 and hopefully the last)

All but the fourth child was a failure of some form of birth control (1. condom, 2. the pill, 3. IUD, 4. planned, 5.condom), but I love each and every one of them. I wouldn't trade them for the world. Even though I was very young for my first two, it was easier to keep up with them than the rest lol. I don't advise children to have children though, it was INSANELY difficult to finish High School after having my first and then the stigma of being a single mom at that age, no one should have to go through that. My oldest is now 16 and I'm biting my nails, I'm soooo not ready to be a grandma!
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Was 34 when my son was born, 36 with my daughter. I'm 41 now.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    I was married a week before I turned 18 and had my first baby at 20.
    Remarried at 25, 2nd baby at 27.
    3rd baby at 30.
    4th baby at 33.
    5th baby at 35.
    6th baby at 38.
    Will have 7th (and final) baby at 39.

The first and these last two were not "planned", but very loved. We wanted a largish family.
    And I exercise and eat better now than I was when I was younger, so I feel better being 39 and pregnant than I did with earlier pregnancies!
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    I was 25 & 3 days old, married for 6 months, with my husband for almost 8 yrs by then, second baby, 2 yrs 1 month & 2 days later.
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    I was exactly a month away from turning 23 :)
  • Woodduck2000
    Woodduck2000 Posts: 18 Member
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    I was 25 when my first child was born. I wanted to be 32, but plans change! ; )
  • I was 17 when I had my first son, yes a baby having a baby! He is now 17, it's quite funny considering most of my friends from school are just starting their own families and my son is almost an adult :noway:
  • 43 a welcomed surprise and blessing.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    New England in the US
    41 now
    35 when my first child was born (38 with my 2nd)
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    33 now
    1st (twins) 23
    3rd and 4th I don't remember...lol
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Age Now: 32
    First Baby: 30
  • kchaney2003
    kchaney2003 Posts: 27 Member
    Current Age: 41
    One Son : Born in 2000 and I was 28

His is my biggest blessing even when he is driving me insane :-)
  • I was 28 years old...almost 29. My husband and I were married 7 years before we even started trying to have a baby. I don't regret it at all. I'll be 33 or 34 when my next is born. (turn 33 next month and we plan on trying for another next year sometime) I'm from the south (The Bible Belt) where kids start having babies EARLY. I broke the mold. ;o) NO regrets!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Now 39, had first when I was 34 then had my daughter 2 yrs later. Not so much through choice, more to do with being secure in a job first as I had a lot of government funded jobs that were fixed term. Saying that, a lot of my friends also had their first babies in their mid 30s

From UK
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    i was 22 when my first son was born...the day before i got married. while i wasnt so age young wise, i was not ready. i had my second boy when i was 26. wish i wouldve waited till i was in my 30s though.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Married my first husband when I was 18, just a month shy of my 19th birthday.

Had my only child at 21.

Divorced that husband at 23.

Met my current husband at 23.

Married to current husband for 20 years.