Calling all MEN... Get in here now!!

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate you making this thread so now I know which guys on MFP to not pursue (in case I ever had the desire) as I cannot handle men crying unless it's the death of an immediate family member. So thanks!

Wow...someone has issues...real men cry :) way to be honest guys, and remember not all women are stuck up

^^this^^
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate you making this thread so now I know which guys on MFP to not pursue (in case I ever had the desire) as I cannot handle men crying unless it's the death of an immediate family member. So thanks!

Wow...someone has issues...real men cry :) way to be honest guys, and remember not all women are stuck up

^^this^^

to be fair, she did post that it was a joke at some point in this thread
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Alllllrighty then!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    The Blind Side
    Crash
    and from way back
    The Champ
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Whats that film with Meg Ryan? where they finally get together and life looks perfect and then she gets hit by a car and dies..

The worst one for me I think was Benjamin Button. Time travellers wife in close second
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whats that film with Meg Ryan? where they finally get together and life looks perfect and then she gets hit by a car and dies..

The worst one for me I think was Benjamin Button. Time travellers wife in close second

Are you thinking about City of Angels with Nicholas Cage?
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    I can remember watching the movie Armegeddon in the theater with my girlfriend at the time. When Bruce Willis takes Aflecks spot and gives that speech, I wasn't sobbing, but the tears were rolling. Lets just say, I'm 6', 240# at the time probably, and somehow I didn't notice the 6'8" 275# Michael Duncan Clark look-alike sit down next to me. Lets just say, I noticed when he leaned over, with a smirk on his face and asked (Clark voice here) "You gonna be ok man"? Yeah, good times, lol
  • Medwayguy
    Options
    Are you implying that I have tear ducts?

Them's fightin words.

Agreed partner.... Go saddle upand round up the possie
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    can't recall any movies but there was this one episode of without a trace that had Charles Dutton in it that certainly did
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Two movies:

1. everybody's fine...When he is flying home and has his heart atttack
    2. The Guardian...
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    "UP" .. when his house floats away and disappears into the clouds.

Got a kid.. all I get to watch are cartoons. .
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    "Where the Red Fern Grows" at the end when the red fern grows on the dog's grave. .

Ok. it was a book! but it made me cry like a little baby!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I caught my husband crying when he watched Shallow Hal. and also at the end of Glory.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    “Courageous”
    "Facing The Giants"

OH gosh yes on Courageous, especially when he goes back to the place to dance where his daughter asked him to dance with her... and then there was a scene in Facing the Giants too but I can't recall which one it was.

And may as well throw in 'Marley & Me' as well, but I knew going in that that one was going to get to me because I'd read the book beforehand.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options

Are you thinking about City of Angels with Nicholas Cage?

Yes, that's City of Angels.... dang, I forgot about that one! :sad:
  • Outrack
    Options
    Argh, way too many spoilers in this thread! Come on guys, you can talk about which films got you without giving away the endings :tongue:

Very few films have moved me to tears, and the only one I can think of is "A Moment to Remember", about a young couple whose relationship is thrown into turmoil when one of them is diagnosed with a rare type of Alzheimers.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    Two Movies...

Forrest Gump...When he's talking to his dead wife at her grave
    and
    Men of Honor...When Cuba Gooding who is amputee with a Prosthetic limb has to walk 12 steps in a 300 pound suit. After about 8 or 9 steps the Judge Tells him to stop, that he proved his point. Robert DeNiro screams "Bullsh*t!!! I want my 12 Cookie!"

Cry like a baby every time. if I'm watching those movies and my wife comes in the room I turn them off....lol
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Mystic River and Man on Fire both almost got me ;-)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Love that movie. The beginning was kinda sad when his wife died of a heart attack,too.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Love that movie. The beginning was kinda sad when his wife died of a heart attack,too.

I'm not a guy but this I think this thread is amazing awesome! You guys have listed so many great movies! UP gets me too...especially at the end when he does all the dad stuff with the kid. I guess because my kids don't see their dad often and it makes me wonder what they're missing out on.