WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies,

Just got home totally exhuasted and a bit shut down. Lots of info will be going over my notes to reflect on I am on my way to bed will posts tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a good night,
    Take care,

Liz
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, sounds like Sunday was a good day for most. Recharging before the new week is always important.

I took the dogs for a ramble along the abandoned railway line, Evie found something to roll in but I couldn’t see what it was and it didn’t smell so I’m okay with that. Spent the rest of the day raking leaves (what else, but I packed the rake away, I’m officially done).

Then I shortened some pants, I had been putting off because I love pants with lining but hate shortening them (twice the work), and altered some pants (couldn’t believe how much I had to take in), then fixed the sleeves on a blouse and then ran to the mall for buttons. And of course while I was there I bought the most darling little cloche hat, and a sweater, ran out of time so will have to go back tomorrow to try on the coordinating pants. I think I might be addicted to clothes shopping (going to have to deal with that I think). I made a big pot of soup yesterday so I have lunch for the next couple of days. And leftovers for dinner tomorrow because it'll be on the run, two meetings tomorrow night so I'll have to scrunch dinner in between.

I’m going to have a quiet evening watching Call the Midwife and Upstairs, Downstairs, then off to bed with a good book. I’m going to try to get to sleep early because the time change sometimes messes up my sleep pattern.:yawn:

Deborah – how was the theatre?

Liz – what was the conference you were on? Sounds like it was pretty intensive.

Linda – great job at the family reunion. It’s pretty hard to stay away from the grazing table at events like that.

DeeDee – what a great profile photo! Nice to see your smiling face (instead of the little blue bot). The hour change of time doesn’t seem like much, but it certainly plays havoc with a lot of people’s systems.

Jen – your family get together sounded wonderful, cozy and wonderful. :heart:

Stardancer – sounds like a very emotional week. Hope you get time to get yourself grounded again. It’s always hard when our kids get treated unfairly, brings out the momma bear in us.:mad:

Dawnshot – Busta had me laughing out loud. :laugh: My daughter has an American Bulldog, named Milton, and he does that upside down thing too. I think it’s just because his head is so heavy it must feel good to take a load off of it. Although from all the other posts about upside down dogs, it must just be a doggie thing.

Bernadette – 93 pounds lost is awesome – well done!!! :flowerforyou: And Happy Anniversary too.

Welcome to the newbies, jump in so we can get to know you and you can get to know us.

Good night, wishing everyone a peaceful night and a good Monday morning.

Lila
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    Good night, lovelies!

:laugh: dawnshot Busta really busted me up! That's our Dixie's favorite position too.
    :angry: Lizzie "don't like changed the time, can we just pick one and stay there"? AMEN Sister!
    :wink: Genealace those jeans are great motivation!
    :happy: Darlene Chamber of commerce snow (on trees and lawns but not sidewalks and roads) is my favorite too. I hate ice:mad: , 'cuz when I slip and fall, I break bones.:tongue:
    :love: jen the soup and chili fest sounds great!
    :explode: stardancer7 "compassion and respect" amen!:explode:
    :drinker: Robin, Good for you! I need to find some feel good tasks for next time stress gets me, but de-cluttering ain't it...:noway:
    :huh: Linda how did the qinoa salad turn out? DH got a rotisserie for our anniversary, and I :smooched:
    love theway it cooks chicken.
    :yawn: Colleen up for the day at 3am? Yuck indeed!
    katla49 the best exercise option is the one you like to do. :love: Does your community center offer any dance classes? Tap, belly, folk, jazz, line or Zumba? All are great fun ways to sweat it off.:laugh:
    :ohwell: jackihf3 don't know about mobile apps, but once you post this thread should appear under Community/My Topics. When we get to 500 there's a link to the month's part 2 and the end of the last post. Barbie posts a link to the new month at the end of each. Welcome!:flowerforyou:
    :frown: Viv, what's the appropriate holiday greeting? Happy Guy Fawkes' just doesn't sound quite right...:embarassed:
    :flowerforyou: janehadji congrats on guesstimating casseroles and not letting recording food go. You inspired me to search for and find the pumpkin spice raisin cupcake:tongue:
    :huh: Gail Knitting cowls? Could you share a link or pic?
    :laugh: 7djit "should the most recent posts be in the front..."? That's the organized librarian in you. Me too. And while we're at it, why can't we use the minus sign to exclude words from food search?:grumble:
    :happy: Joanie, I was wondering if you wintergardened as well, your cool season veggies sound yummy! One of the many things I miss about not living in a maritime climate.:cry:
    :devil: Jolene "power surges" :laugh: how well I remember.
    :love: Lila "darling little cloche hat" how about a pic?

:flowerforyou: Welcome Bernadette (and Happy Anniversary!), , Nancy cardfanzz, daworley!

:heart: hugs to dancingj2, Darlene, Texasgal, lentigogirl, Kathyszoo, tbear60, jane m, Michele, Carolyn, DeeDee, Barbie, o2befit3, Liz and all the others I missed.

:love: :love: :love: Thanks to whoever it was who suggested hot tea instead of snacks before bed. It really helped last night. Tonight alas, not so much. :ohwell: Kept wanting to eat as I browsed the posts. Went back to my log (hooray!) to see if any room for a snack and realized YIKES :explode: forgot to log the acornshaped pumpkin/spice/raisin cakelet I had at coffee hour today. AND the sugar and creamer in the coffee. :noway: Brought me to within 16 cals of my max, :noway: no:noway: room for ANY more, not even a bite of apple. :grumble: Guess I'd just better go to bed.:yawn:

Hugs,

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the AHMOD who WILL be size 10 one day

2012: dance more, bark less and check in!!!
    November: back to basics

SWSY or matminutes: 4=0 3=0 2=0 1=0
    steps: 4=5426 ack! 3=6461 2=9220 1=8809
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Great weekend for me with lots of exercise and I was under both days.

Sundance - I have had post disappears too - very frustrating!

7djt love your gratitude goals!

4thoseiluv and Barbie - We had our exercise bike in our den facing the TV for years and it did get used there. We now have a treadmill and an elliptical in the cellar and both face a TV. The TV really helps me use them and keeps me on longer.
  • lovelaughpeace
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi ladies I have just joined and would love to be part of your group. I am unfamiliar with this program so excuse learner status.

Jo
  • lovelaughpeace
    Options
    If I want to change-I need to change!

Jo
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hope you're all having a good start to the week!
    I'm going to exercise now with Jillian Michaels, thankfully not in person but dvd. Managed to do 7 days of 30 DS up till now, with one day doing 'Killer Buns and Thighs' at least my 'buns' have stopped going into spasms now, I know why 'killer' is in the title!
    Was going to run outside but it's raining .........and cold so I'll drag the treadmill out later too.:smile:
    Have a good day!
  • curlieq5
    curlieq5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbie..I'm Lori and am from Rochester NY,,I am an empty nester and NEED MOTIVATION!,,I find myself just sitting around. I know i should get up and ride my exercise bike (which is staring at me right now!) Hoping this group will help me stay motivated
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Barbie, you must have that recipe ready to cut and paste at a moment's notice as you've shared it so many times now. I love that soup, too.

Here is the link to the cowl I am knitting: http://www.tricksyknitter.com/store/new-bittersweet-cowl-66.php. I am working with Bernat's Baby Coordinates, Soft Blue colored yarn (Tarheels team color, SILs alma mater). It is a bit of a boucle (bumpy) yarn with a little bit of sheen to it. Very soft, so it should drape well. They live in the Washington DC area and it gets really cold and she stays cold.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!
    Gail
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good beautiful morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I am back to my perky self this morning:bigsmile:! I went to bed at 9:30pm, which is really early for me and slept till almost 6am, that`s a lot for me but I really needed it! The kids came over yesterday afternoon to drive the golf cart, I thought it was a bit chilly for that:noway: , but granddaughter#1 said it`s never too cold to drive it:laugh: , however on our way to dinner she told me it would be nice it it had a top and a heater, and some headlights:laugh: , she would be happy if it was a small car:laugh: . I don`t let her drive it by herself, so either mommy or daddy had to go with her, and once they got to cold she got my brother to ride with her:laugh: , her little hands were ice cold when she came in. My daughter and I were talking and she was even younger when she was driving the golf cart, and she used to go by herself, :noway: , not now though! Oh I need to take Miss Noel out now, she prancing around, so I guess it`s time for her walk! I have a meeting at 2pm and then I`m done after that, I will try to catch up on some of the posts later this afternoon!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    hello, this has to be short but I'm so glad I found this thread~!! I want to join all of you!

i'm getting back to MFP. I turn 56 in January. I'm single and have my 7.4 lb Shih Poo named Lil bit. I'll post a pic later.

I have to re read to complete goals, etc but short on time this morning.

thanks for being here!
    Gwen
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good Morning back on track today thank goodness..bbl
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    good morning all,

Not much to say this morning. Yesterday was a good day because both mine and DH's NFL teams won their respective games. This always makes for a happy Sunday.

Back to work and back to the stress of a nasty boss. Oh well. its a paycheck. Take care.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter.
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning,

Just a short note,that is about all I can do. Off to the oral surgeon for DD#2. Has a tooth growing in sideways in the upper jaw. The MD will find the tooth and put on a bracket and chain, so the orthodontist can slowly pull down the tooth into its correct position!
    Yes- I lost 1.1 lbs, plus the 7lbs of water weight!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: Thank you ladies for help making these successes possible! :drinker: :drinker:

Have a successful Monday!:bigsmile:
    Linda:heart:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options

My goals for November "digging out" :noway: :noway: once the anaethitic wore of OUCH my jaw/gum was very sore. The dentist plugged it with some antiseptic gauze to stop infection, so all night I've had a horrid taste in my mouth. Still have it today,

:frown: I was told to take it easy for the first day, so not sure how I'll manage my 30 day shred today, might just try it anyway but take it a bit easy - don't want to start the gum bleeding again, and to be honest I still feel a bit "not with it"

Chat again soon.

Love and best wishes to all

Viv :heart:

How did you do trying to do the Shred while recovering:huh: I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Laura80111:smile:
  • calmrose
    calmrose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Post to stardancer
    Everyone needs a little rant every once in a while. I am so sorry about your loss and your daughters job problems. On the upside, these things do tnd to make us more resilient. It's great that she wants to work and has good ethics, that will follow her and give good rewards whether this job ends now or not. Blessings, rose
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Not much to report -- yesterday was quiet. I started playing" Words With Friends" at my daughter's recommendation, and can see where it might become addictive! I probably shouldn't be starting another thing to give me more time on the computer. :wink: If anyone wants to play, I'm janehadji on there, too.

Today is my doctor appointment to go back into the surgical boot. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to my foot getting better. I'm also going to the Zonta International group again (promoting women worldwide), and have special-ordered the salmon instead of the pastas that they serve.

Linda Sundance -- Good job on the pre-reunion gym visit and the great eating while there.... glad the med weight has fallen back off! It's discouraging to have to look at the scale being up, even though you know it isn't right.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lovely Monday All,

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou: You have found the best group to give you encouragement in whatever is going on in your life as well as this MFP journey:drinker: Come back often and let us get to know you.

Lin- {{hugs}} for you as you deal with your Dad's assisted living situation. I know how hard that is as I went through all of that with my Mom back in 2010, I (or rather Mom) was fortunate enough to have her former housekeeper come and visit her daily and take her laundry to wash so her belongings were taken care of by someone who cared. Trying to deal with all that was going on long distance was a real challenge too. Hoping that you are able to find positive solutions soon:flowerforyou:

Barbara-logging the 30 day Shred as Calistenics? I will have to give that a try. For right now I just know I'm burning calories just have no idea how many. It was a good thing you checked your log before diving in to some extra calories in the evening:drinker: That's the way to stay on track.

Micki-it sounds like you have those needing special hugs from you that's a tough situation with two people that you know are dying:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Deborah- how thoughtful of you to take your Nephew out for his Birthday, good thing he had you there to fill the gap:drinker:

Janehadji-two meals out in one day and still stayed on track:love: that's impressive. Sorry that you are still not talking with hubby but hoping that this silence passes:flowerforyou:

Lila-Congrats on breaking 140:drinker: did you get all those leaves raked? I'm sure that's a good form of exercise.

Linda-sorry you are having to deal with Wker's Comp. I know that they try to be so careful about fraud. We had a former employee that we knew was in a fraudulant claim and they paid him and our company paid the price with higher premiums but the adjuster said he just couldn't prove what we knew that his injury had nothing to do with work:explode: Hoping your's has a better outcome.:flowerforyou:

Eileen- how wonderful that you will be able to have a Welcome Home party for your son on Veteran's Day:flowerforyou: it will make the day that much more special.

Ellen-:flowerforyou: sorry to hear about your FIL. Two dishwashers, piled up dishes and having to clean them by hand:noway: there's no justice in that. Sorry that your daughter is having issues with her employer, good thing she has her mom in her corner:flowerforyou:

Michele- raking rocks that sounds like quite a workout to me:wink:

dawnshot- doing "Killer Buns" Ouch:blushing: I'm sure if you hurt the next day that those muscles will become all that you are striving for.

Robin- I love it when my NFL team wins and my favorite college team too:drinker:

I'm finally through the killer weekend. Out for dinner Friday night Italian...food was wonderful and I did manage to keep most of it under control. Saturday night Chinese was okay and I had very little of the rice and noodles...it was the hot chocolate and the lemon pie that the DIL fixed that sent me over the edge. Last night we had company and I fixed turkey and veggies in the crockpot but I'm still sure that I had more than I should have...it was probably the glass of wine:blushing: Thank goodness at work I can only eat what I bring and there are no extras hanging around.

I did my 30 day Shred faithfully, especially knowing how the eating was going. I'm finding that some of the exercises are getting easier so I may mix up my weights on a few and go heavier, still not sure about moving to Level 2 I thought that I'd be making that decision on day 11 which is Wednesday..so I will see...I still don't love it and am always glad when I'm done but I'm determined to tone up this body:bigsmile:

The boss has gone hunting so I am hoping to make major progress on cleaning up my desk so I'd best get to it.

Let's keep moving our bodies, drinking our water and logging our food:drinker: Success is just around the corner waiting for us.

Laura80111:smile:
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    KamariHalloween2012.jpg

I am trying my hand at posting a picture. If I am successful this is my darling granddaughter Kamari at Halloween.
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Looks like I did it. Ok, so I have something else I have been wanting to share with everyone. I hope you like it.

StayYoung1.gif
    stayYoung2.gif
    StayYoung3.gif
    Publication2.gif
    StayYoungMyFriends.gif