What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• marshart
    marshart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cheesey grits with salsa or lately cream of rice with pumpkin yogurt.
  • joapple11
    joapple11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 egg (fried or scrambled) and 1 slice of whole wheat toast. Just bought Thomas's Light Multigrain muffins which I'm aching to try!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb so I have fried eggs, bacon, and 1 slice of low carb bread with butter. Since the bread has 5 carbs, uterus only slice I get all day. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. This is my biggest meal. I have a salad for lunch almost everyday.

uterus diet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a good plan, a lot of womb for flexibility.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like weight control oatmeal because it has added protein about 7 grams, and I make it with almond milk, you could use regular, soy, or rice milk what ever you prefer. I also like Go Lean crisp cinnom cereal which has about 10 grams of protein.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    baked beans FTW! or eggs or porridge or muesli with berries and yoghurt.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal (plain, not the kind that comes in packets with sugar/flavouring) with a bit of peanut butter in it. I find it helps keep me full for a longer period of time. As long as you have a microwavable cup for the water, you can put the oatmeal in a disposable cup, pour in the water and keep a jar of peanut butter on hand at work? Might be a bit of work, but maybe worth a try if you like oatmeal.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll grab a granola bar.
  • GingerRunner
    Options
    When I have time I have vegetable soup with an egg poached inside.

(I make a giant stock pot of vegetable soup each week and keep it in the fridge. It becomes my "fast food" and it contains a large variety so most vits are covered).

Currently I'm on a sweet potato kick. Baked in the skins. Also works well in a ziplock steamer back thrown in the microwave if you have to do it at work.

I must do the above type breakfasts due to blood sugar issues.
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup of fresh/ frozen blueberries (looks like a lot in a dish) and a container of blueberry or peach greek yogurt!! On weekends I make a recipe of old fashion oat meal useing Blue Diamond almond silk milk with 1/2 apple and 2 tablespoons raisins. Have done this for weeks - have not gotten bored with these choices!!!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs and some fruit. :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb so I have fried eggs, bacon, and 1 slice of low carb bread with butter. Since the bread has 5 carbs, uterus only slice I get all day. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. This is my biggest meal. I have a salad for lunch almost everyday.

uterus diet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a good plan, a lot of womb for flexibility.

Don't jump into this all at once though. Baby steps.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Usual breakfast items for me would include eggs, bacon, whole wheat toast, oats, bananas and occasionally will have berries and yoghurt.
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    I eat two poached eggs on rye bread toast with worchester sauce. or weetbix or rye toast. or any other way to have eggs haha
  • jekissa729
    Options
    I eat a bowl of cereal everyday for breakfast. On days that I run, I eat a Clif Bar. Sometimes, on the weekend I will eat eggs but for the most part...always cereal around 6 am. Then I have a snack around 10 (usually fruit or greek yogurt).
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I change it up, but the one I have the most often is 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices rye bread, cottage cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of whole grain english muffins. Low cal and high fiber. I eat them with chevre (goat cheese), soy butter, peanut butter and honey, or nutella!

I also eat a lot of instant oatmeal. And yogurt. I'm on a budget so I get big containers of low-fat yogurt (greek is expensive!) and add granola cereal like go lean crunch and go lean crisp! Yum!

I love breakfast!

I have a whole grain English muffin just about every day, either with 2 whole Eggland's Best Eggs and 1/2 cup egg whites (which can be nuked) and a slice of cheese. I thinly slice tomato and put it on the muffin half while toasting it in the toaster oven so that the tomato is more flavorful. Filling, loaded with protein and whole grain carbs for energy. Also I typically have 6oz OJ...I don't care about the sugars, I love my OJ lol
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of whole grain english muffins. Low cal and high fiber. I eat them with chevre (goat cheese), soy butter, peanut butter and honey, or nutella!

I also eat a lot of instant oatmeal. And yogurt. I'm on a budget so I get big containers of low-fat yogurt (greek is expensive!) and add granola cereal like go lean crunch and go lean crisp! Yum!

I love breakfast!

I have a whole grain English muffin just about every day, either with 2 whole Eggland's Best Eggs and 1/2 cup egg whites (which can be nuked) and a slice of cheese. I thinly slice tomato and put it on the muffin half while toasting it in the toaster oven so that the tomato is more flavorful. Filling, loaded with protein and whole grain carbs for energy. Also I typically have 6oz OJ...I don't care about the sugars, I love my OJ lol

Oh! and sometimes I have Smucker's All Natural PB and Low Sugar jelly on the English muffin rather than eggs...then I add a banana to the breakfast
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    I am low carb too, but have thus far avoided the uterus diet. JK

I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast with greek yogurt, milk and fruit. No added sugar or honey. I switch up the fruits so I don't get burned out on it.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    this morning i put a slice of tomato, one sliced hard boiled egg white, and fat free mozzarella cheese on half of a bagel then broiled it until the cheese got all gooey

DELICIOUS!!!!!!

could have been better with an english muffin though :)
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt (.5 cup)
    Go lean Kashi (1 cup)
    Frozen fruit Medley (.5 cup)

Yum!!!
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    hahahaha
    love that movie