Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Honoring all Veterans and their Families today - Thank you for your service to our country. I do wish (and here I'm getting political) that all Americans were required to serve their country in some fashion - I think it would help develop stronger work ethic in our young people and a sense of civic pride in everyone. It wouldn't have to be just military service - it could be parks service, maintaining highways and city streets, fire station volunteers, service along those lines. Just my humble idea.

I am very frustrated with myself. I have gained 5 big, fat, pounds. I can blame, blame, blame the prednisone for my new found hunger and huge appetite. I can blame the cold weather for my body wanting to pack on winter insulation. I can play the blame game or I can get on with getting back on the wagon. I choose the latter. First order of business: lose these 5 pounds!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    536766_364455940310958_1966241090_n.jpg

I like this picture it is so real. Happy Veterans Day to all the Vets!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @toots- I was not in the Service but have family members that were/are. That is three generations in this picture.

mil1.jpg

My wife's side of the family has some Marines. Her grandfather was one at Iwo Jima and her brother was in Desert Storm.

what a sweet pic. i love when there's generations. here's my guy. but my dad was also in.

Hotpic.jpg
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Happy Veterans Day!!! My Dad was in the Marines and my husband serve for many years in the Coast Guard! Really grateful to all of you for your service to out country. Thank you!

@MyMOwMOw -- Congrats on reaching surch a cool milestone!!
    @Kay-- Congrat on reaching yours too
    @Laura for maintaining on vacation
    @Jtconst -- sounds like you and your sister had fun!!
    @Robin-- love that you are keeping it real. That's all we can do is pick our selves up dust ourselves off and get moving. I know you can do it. I am always grateful for how you keep this site moving along.

Yesterday was weigh in day for me and I loss 2.5 lbs which was so encouraging it has been awhile since I had seen the scale move down. This is the last of my days off back to work tomorrow. Spent the day basically catching up on chores and getting things in order for the work week. Went to the Costco can tell that the holidays are getting upon us it was even busy on a Monday. Wishing everyone a good day.

Keep drinking your water and logging your food. It does help.

Wishing everyone the best,
    Liz
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who have served our country! I thank my sons who served and are still serving, I remember my father who served during Korean War and my husband who served during the VietNam War.

I have had a crash and burn this week-end and it just dawned on me some of the things which sent me into a tail spin. I have been stressing out over my neighbor Lily who is now not letting me into her apt. but was talking to me through the door until tonight. She wouldn't answer the door at all, in fact she shut the blinds while I was trying to get her to talk to me. Will have to call the social worker tomorrow morning with my concerns. Also my weddin anniversery was this past week. My husband and I would have been married 41 years. After 16 years you would think these things wouldn't affect me so much.:brokenheart: I'm praying I can re-re-focus again! I guess this is going to be a life-long struggle. The Lord will give me strength to get through this. Will catch up on reading and posting later as I have a Bible study to go to tonight.

Love you all,

Christine
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm back from my trip to NOLA. Lots of fun, but my sinus infection is back with a vengeance. :grumble: I didn't log at all while there (no laptop and I have a NOT smart phone) but I think I did ok, overall. Friday night drank too many hurricanes and fru-fru shots--lots of calories, but I gave some of them back :sick: . One reason I was so sick is that we didn't eat much. Went to dinner, but my friend and I shared a meal and it wasn't very good, so I didn't eat much of it.

Saturday my friends went to the LSU game. Since I was a tag-along, I didn't have a ticket and given how sick I was (hangover + sinus infection = YUCK!), I am glad I could stay back at the hotel. I went out exploring on my own in the afternoon, but didn't eat much again. Not sure why I had such bad luck with food in such a foodie town, but I swear the meal I ordered was disgusting. It was supposed to be a shrimp an andouille omelet w/ tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Instead it was a "pouch" of scrambled eggs filled with shrimp and andouille, topped w/ a strange tomato and pepper sauce. Not at all what I expected, plus the shrimp weren't cleaned! Who doesn't clean shrimp?!?! Finally, the diced potato hash browns were literally sitting in a pool of grease. I'm not exaggerating--they were swimming. I ate the top layer of potatoes that weren't touching the grease, and picked at a bit of the eggs and sausage, but I left sorely disappointed in the meal. I ended up napping in the evening until the rest of my friends got back. Was planning to go get dinner with them, but they didn't get back until 11pm. Luckily, they had some leftover Popeye's from tailgating, so I had a piece of chicken and went back to sleep.

On Sunday, my friend and I had a much better food day. Ate one of the best burgers I've ever had, along with some mac n' cheese bites. Later we had beignets and iced coffee at Cafe Du Monde--as yummy as I remember! We had an evening flight back which got delayed due to Chicago weather, so we bought a club wrap to split on the plane, along with some hummus and crackers.

Although I was disappointed in the food, in a way it may have been serendipity b/c at least I didn't overeat. Also, did a lot of walking Saturday and Sunday, so that was good. Today my head feels like it might explode from all of the sinus pressure, so I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days and hope it clears up.

Happy Veteran's Day to all who serve and their families!! My dad is a retired Captain after serving 42 years in the US Navy.

Sorry I'm not doing any personals, but welcome to the newlings, congrats to all of you guys having so much success, and sympathies to those who are having a tough time due to illness, injury, or other troubles.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in. I haven't had much of an appetite, but tonight my daughter-in-law made a nice chicken pot pie and I ate a whole serving. I think that is the first whole serving that I have eaten of anything since the surgery. I came close to my 1200 calories. That is good. It was a little alarming to lose 5# from Friday to Sunday. I need to get a better balance. I had PT today so that was some exercise, but missed my afternoon walk due to snow.
    Robin--good for you. The blame never gets anyone anyplace, but it sure is easy to play.
    Good luck to all of you. Have a great evening.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm back from my trip to NOLA. Lots of fun, but my sinus infection is back with a vengeance. :grumble: I didn't log at all while there (no laptop and I have a NOT smart phone) but I think I did ok, overall. Friday night drank too many hurricanes and fru-fru shots--lots of calories, but I gave some of them back :sick: . One reason I was so sick is that we didn't eat much. Went to dinner, but my friend and I shared a meal and it wasn't very good, so I didn't eat much of it.

Saturday my friends went to the LSU game. Since I was a tag-along, I didn't have a ticket and given how sick I was (hangover + sinus infection = YUCK!), I am glad I could stay back at the hotel. I went out exploring on my own in the afternoon, but didn't eat much again. Not sure why I had such bad luck with food in such a foodie town, but I swear the meal I ordered was disgusting. It was supposed to be a shrimp an andouille omelet w/ tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Instead it was a "pouch" of scrambled eggs filled with shrimp and andouille, topped w/ a strange tomato and pepper sauce. Not at all what I expected, plus the shrimp weren't cleaned! Who doesn't clean shrimp?!?! Finally, the diced potato hash browns were literally sitting in a pool of grease. I'm not exaggerating--they were swimming. I ate the top layer of potatoes that weren't touching the grease, and picked at a bit of the eggs and sausage, but I left sorely disappointed in the meal. I ended up napping in the evening until the rest of my friends got back. Was planning to go get dinner with them, but they didn't get back until 11pm. Luckily, they had some leftover Popeye's from tailgating, so I had a piece of chicken and went back to sleep.

On Sunday, my friend and I had a much better food day. Ate one of the best burgers I've ever had, along with some mac n' cheese bites. Later we had beignets and iced coffee at Cafe Du Monde--as yummy as I remember! We had an evening flight back which got delayed due to Chicago weather, so we bought a club wrap to split on the plane, along with some hummus and crackers.

Although I was disappointed in the food, in a way it may have been serendipity b/c at least I didn't overeat. Also, did a lot of walking Saturday and Sunday, so that was good. Today my head feels like it might explode from all of the sinus pressure, so I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days and hope it clears up.

Happy Veteran's Day to all who serve and their families!! My dad is a retired Captain after serving 42 years in the US Navy.

Sorry I'm not doing any personals, but welcome to the newlings, congrats to all of you guys having so much success, and sympathies to those who are having a tough time due to illness, injury, or other troubles.

Sounds like you had fun and the food choices are so very hard there because it is the land of delicious food well so I have heard. Sounds like your drinks were yummy and you earned the right to let loose a little.Glad you made it back safe.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Isn't it interesting how many people have family who have served. It makes us all part of the same family.

Also my wedding anniversary was this past week. My husband and I would have been married 41 years. After 16 years you would think these things wouldn't affect me so much.:brokenheart: I'm praying I can re-re-focus again! I guess this is going to be a life-long struggle. The Lord will give me strength to get through this.

I suspect that if my husband dies before me, it won't make any different if it's been six years or sixteen. hugs.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Thank you to all the veterans who joined the service to protect my freedom. I especially need to thank my father who is a Vietnam vet. So proud of his service during a very difficult time.

Also, I loved spending Veterans Day with my 10-year old son, Cyrus. We volunteered at Opportunity Village in Las Vegas. Basically, it's a non-profit organization who trains and employs people with special needs. We worked around the property as they prepare for their annual fundraiser, Magical Forest. We had an amazing day giving back and I'm so glad I was able to share it with him. Life is good!!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump. Still here and following thread...just working long hours this week.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @lmackbethi -- I think you just need to keep focused after a slide. One slide does no harm at all, it's when you have a series of slides!
    @mnwalkingqueen -- thinking of you & your hard decision.
    @Kelley -- hope your kitty is ok.
    @Tina -- Every previous time I've done this I've gone through this thing where I stick to a plan in the week and then it all goes haywire at the weekends. This time I think the logging helps; I've had the odd difficult day at weekends but I just keep reminding myself that I'm spending time with my friends; the food and drink are incidental to that, not the actual purpose of the thing.
    @Katrena -- my problem is that I have a 'carb-shaped hole' that makes me hungry if I don't have something with carbs in a meal. But it turns out that quite a small portion of rice or potatoes or pasta is enough to satisfy.
    @Tammy -- I often drink beer on a Sunday night before weighing in on a Monday and I too find that it has a bad effect on the scales. You'd think I'd stop drinking it really...
    @Robin -- good to see you back on the wagon!
    @Liz -- congrats on the SV!
    @Christine -- days like wedding anniversaries can be really hard I think. And thank you for all you have done for your neighbor; I hope social services will provide some support.
    @skinnyjeans -- sorry you had such poor food in NOLA. Though beignets and iced coffee does sound very nice.

MFP has cut my calories again; I'm not surprised really because I'd been finding that 1460 was an easy target. So I guess I'm smaller and don't need so much food now. Wow. That means I need to be resolute about exercise. Though today will be a light day, just with 30 minutes of Wii or similar. I have also noticed that I'm often choosing smaller portions.

Tuesday goals -- I have hit 100 logging days in a row, which was my previous Tuesday goal. So my new one is officially 'ONEderland in 2012!' And for that I need to focus, because I'm pretty sure I'm not losing any weight in the last week of December.

-- Alison
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm back from vacation and what I learned is that I have little self control when faced with really good food. I'm fine when I'm home and I have the same food around all the time but when options are available that I don't have access to on a daily basis I have a hard time saying "no". I did exercise and walk a lot on vacation but I bet I gained 7 lbs in 20 days.

One thing that hurt me is that I refused to be hungry on vacation. While I'm home my stomach is often grumbling and I'm counting the minutes to my next meal but on vacation I ate enough to make sure I wasn't hungry before I'd have a chance to eat again. Plus the food in the Middle East is so yummy and I know I won't be back there anytime soon so I wanted to try everything.

So now I'm having a little trouble getting back on track because I'm trying not to eat all the time but I'm so hungry and I have to get used to eating less again even if it means being a little hungry sometimes.

Today my goal is just to stay under my calorie goal.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goal:: My goal today is to get my push ups done today! Also to get up tomorrow morning and get a workout in before I take my daughter to the babysitter's....it's hard because I will have to get up at 4:15ish...yikes! But I want to help my team get immunity this week in the challenge I am in! I did 10push ups yesterday (girl ones) and my arms are sore just from that! I have 40 more to go lol

Week 2 Challenges
    Nov 12 - Nov 18

2/3 Cardio Days

1041/1100 Calories DONE

6.15/4 Miles (bike - 14 miles) DONE

10/50 push ups (going to work on these as the day goes on)

Have a great day everyone!

Tina
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Susan - That sounds like a wonderful way to spend Veterans day. You're raising a responsible and caring young man!

@Tungsten - I would try eating lots of SMALL meals if it were me. That way food isn't too far off at any given time and after a while you can start cutting them out slowly and increasing meal volumes.

@Alison - Grats on the 100 days of logging! Well done!

@Toots - Wowza! Tell me he has an unmarried brother!

@GrandmaKaye - Glad you are starting to feel a bit better now.

@Skinnyjeanz - I was sent to NOLA for a week for a work conference (in AUGUST!) and I wasn't impressed much with the food. IT just wasn't my kind of thing........

@Christine - {{{big hugs}}} I can only imagine how difficult this time is for you. I can SORT of relate. My father passed away on Thanksgiving day so it's just never been a holiday that I feel like celebrating. He was such a difficult (and sometimes cruel) person and our relationship was so complex that it always brings up lots of feelings for me.

@Liz - Gratz on the weight loss!

@Robin - Hang in there! You can do this thing!

Tuesday goals- WalkWalkWalkWalkWalkWalk. Only 10 days to the Turkey Trot and I don't feel fast enough yet. I know i can do the distance but darn it, I want it in under 50 minutes. My stumpy short little 25" inseam legs don't want to do that speed. My other goal is to just stay below calories.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    In addition to obvious goals of tracking food, and walking, both of which I'm doing good at, I need to get back to the water. Its a hard habit for me and I've gotten out of the groove again. So that's my goal for this week. Kaye
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    OH Happy Day!!!

Tuesday Goal- Being the sun is out here in MN get a walk in before dark is my goal. I am glad that I am back to tracking food it is helping me not mindless eat.
    @Christine :flowerforyou: and Hugs. God Bless You for all you have done for your neighbor. I am sure the situation you recently wrote about was hard but calling the county is the best thing that can be done to help her right now.
    @My M0wMow- Congrats on your loss it is inspiring to know our goals are obtainable.
    @Kah 68- Car repairs are the pits at times. Hope your kitty is feeling better.
    @Tina- Sounds like you had an awesome walk.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    @Toots - Wowza! Tell me he has an unmarried brother!

haha he actually has a twin brother. but there's three problems. he's a frigging lunatic. he's married. and they're faternal so he isn't nearly as cute. :tongue: he'll be tickled by that though. he always seems surprised when people think he's attractive.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    i ate the wrong stuff and my stomach has been letting me know about it all day. sigh.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    I made my goal today....I walked while my hot dish was cooking in the oven. I basically killed 2 birds with one stone and also had time to read some posts,