am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Options

Replies

• opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    yeah cus you've never said you weren't interested in watching a certain movie? you watch em all!!!!

Congratulations on completely missing my point :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This thread is just bizarre. I've never seen so many people lining up to insult something for which they have zero knowledge. I cannot fathom the mindset required to take pride in ignorance.

"You should try this dessert, it's amazing!"

"No, I have no interest and I never will! Ha ha ha!! I am somehow superior to you because I reject your personal tastes!!!"

"Uhhh.... ok..."
    I can understand to a point people not being interested, but I get the impression from many of them that they really have NO IDEA what it really is, either. It's more than "talking robots and hairy people" (or whatever that poster said). It's not just sci fi or fantasy. If you enjoy a great story, great writing, great acting, philosophy, good against evil (Shakespeare, Harry Potter, mythology), you would probably like Star Wars.

I had a very strong feeling I wouldn't like The Hunger Games, but I tried to read the book and I did get sort of dragged to the movie. I ended up being right. I didn't enjoy it. But I can see how others would.

I also had absolutely no interest in Mad Men or Harry Potter. I thought both were things that were not interesting to me. But then I ended up being exposed to both of them inadvertently and they are two of my favorite things in the whole world.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nope. Haven't seen them either. Well, at least not the movies proper. I have watched the Rifftrax for at least 2 of them. So funn! (Rifftrax are the modern Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - if you don't know what THAT is, google it.)
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm wondering how many of the Star Wars haters (most of whom have never seen it) are 50 Shades fans ...

Definitely not me.

Probably lots....and they probably loved The Notebook and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... I'm not even sure how someone could get to a certain age and not have watched Star Wars or at least caught one of the movies on a rainy weekend, it's bizarre!

The storyline is just so incredible. Oh well.

I guess there are people who also don't like Mad Men.

However, while the book version of The Notebook was truly awful, I actually did enjoy the movie.

Oh God, you can't compare Star Wars to Mad Men. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Mad Men but Star Wars is iconic... Of course neither of them have a patch on Ted! 'Take me to see Chris the unhappy sheep' ;)

I'm talking very specifically about the storyline, the writing. The two are comparable in that sense. I don't care about special effects or "action": if there is no story or if it's bad. What makes Star Wars and Mad Men (and other movies, shows, books, etc.) great is that they tell a great story that pulls people in.

If you haven't got that, you got nothing.

(And there is little out there better than Ted!)
  • xoxaidaxox
    Options
    Not only have inot watched star wars, ive never seen a single james bond movie either
  • coolonedee
    coolonedee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, NewHope is the way to start.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Never seen it or any other science fiction movies.

You haven't seen a single science fiction movie in your life?
  • rml_16
    Options
    StarWars.jpg
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have only seen bits and pieces of one of the "originals". I did see the first "prequel" that came out, with Natalie Portman.

For me it isn't from a lack of interest, or because I want to go against the grind or even because I don't think it will interest me. I have just never made the time for it, like about 100 other movies that I'm sure I would probably like but haven't got around to.

It's the same with Back to the Future - I've seen bits and pieces, but can't say I remember them start to finish.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    No, but you might be the only one who thinks it is worth bragging about.

braggin? i'm bored at work, and was wondering if there was quite a few more individuals who hadn't watched it... hahaha WEIRD perception you have..
    I see no other reason to post this on a forum dedicated to fitness. This whole thing is one big "LOOK AT ME I'M SO SPECIAL, BET YOU CANT SAY THIS ABOUT YOURSELF!"

*yawn*

Don't feel too insulted, I think this of everyone who posts an "Am I the only person in the whole wide world" thread.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    There are probably some undiscovered aboriginal tribes that haven't seen it, but yes, in the western world you are the only one.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    No, but you might be the only one who thinks it is worth bragging about.

braggin? i'm bored at work, and was wondering if there was quite a few more individuals who hadn't watched it... hahaha WEIRD perception you have..
    I see no other reason to post this on a forum dedicated to fitness. This whole thing is one big "LOOK AT ME I'M SO SPECIAL, BET YOU CANT SAY THIS ABOUT YOURSELF!"

*yawn*

Don't feel too insulted, I think this of everyone who posts an "Am I the only person in the whole wide world" thread.

geez you have a sad sad life, HAVE SOME FUN!

"forum dedicated to fitness"... not sure if you read the title of this group but it's "Chit-Chat, FUN, and Games".. open your eyes!!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    There are probably some undiscovered aboriginal tribes that haven't seen it, but yes, in the western world you are the only one.

Pretty sure even the most remote and undiscovered aboriginal tribe has at least HEARD of it. And that's a feat considering they don't have electricity.
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been around when people have had them on...but no I have never actually watched them.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

geez you have a sad sad life, HAVE SOME FUN!

"forum dedicated to fitness"... not sure if you read the title of this group but it's "Chit-Chat, FUN, and Games".. open your eyes!!!

If this is your definition of fun, it isn't me who has a sad life.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My husband never has. Which is particularly odd as he likes maths and science. but he prefers sport, playing and watching.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't/won't watch the three prequels. But the originals were a HUGE part of my childhood. I couldn't imagine life without them.

Granted, now that I know more I think they were ripped off LotR big time, but as a kid, they were awesome.

Honestly, they're worth watching just for young Harrison Ford. Yummy.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    which one/ theres millions of them and not in any logical order. when I discovered the first one was actually the 4th, I sort of totally gave up completely.
  • valluco75
    Options
    Lord of The Rings was boring as hell. Now, Star Wars....you should at least watch the first one. Watch it tonight. Dont go another day without watching Star Wars. Star Wars rules.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    This thread hurts me:sad: :brokenheart: .. I love star wars and they were a huge part of my childhood. My son os already into them.