What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Most days, 2 egg whites with provolone or mozzarella cheese and ham on whole wheat toast.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Same as lunch and dinner: Carbs, fats, protein...whatever sounds good...roughly 400-600 calories
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a bagel phase. So a toasted bagel with extra light philla, chopped up cherry tomatoes and alfalfa shoots. Yummy.

Love boiled eggs, fried eggs or scrambled eggs too
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I keep a couple of healthy cereals I like (Barbara's Multigrain Spoonfuls is one) and a few different types of hot cereal, some kind of fruit (bananas, strawberries, etc.), and either soy milk or skim milk on hand at all times. Hot or cold cereal with milk and fruit is pretty much what I eat for breakfast 7 days a week. Every once in a while, I might make an egg white and veggie omelete or what I call "tofu scramble," but that's extremely rare.

I love bagels with a passion but my nutritionist said one bagel is 4 servings of bread and it's hard to find really good bagels around here anyway so I haven't had a bagel in months.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually one of two options, I tend to alternate them. Option 1, porridge and wholemeal toast with peanut butter, sliced banana and cinnamon. Option 2, 4 eggs scrambled on wholemeal toast.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb so I have fried eggs, bacon, and 1 slice of low carb bread with butter. Since the bread has 5 carbs, uterus only slice I get all day. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. This is my biggest meal. I have a salad for lunch almost everyday.

uterus diet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a good plan, a lot of womb for flexibility.

Don't jump into this all at once though. Baby steps.

I'd like to apologize for my earlier behavior...

...it was very infantile.

<crickets>

I guess people aren't ovary interested in this particular diet.

Well, they should be.

The results of this diet are remarkably reproducible.
  • TomKat428
    Options
    Nonfat plain Greek yogurt mixed with blueberries and Kashi GoLean Crunch - I like the cinnamon crumble variety :)

Egg white omelet with a little cheese and whatever veggies I have on hand
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I was eating low sugar instant oatmeal (120 cals) but it left me starving shortly after, so now I have weight control oatmeal (160 cals, more protein and fiber) and a banana a couple hours later and I'm good to go.
  • leeannjf
    Options
    I try to eat as little as possible during the day because I know that I tend to snack in the evening after dinner. When I do eat breakfast I have a little bit cereal, apart from on the rare occasion when my mum cooks me eggs and stuff :)

^ this is not such a good idea, you need the biggest part of your calories at the beginning of the day to keep your body energized so you dont crash. besides its not good to eat a lot before bed, sleeping on a full stomach will actually cause you to gain weight.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Oats cooked with skim milk, and mixed with raspberries, strawberries, almonds, a teaspoon of peanut butter and cinnamon. If i know i'll have a late lunch or if I decide to work out in the morning I even add a sliced banana in it. Depending on the planned activities for the day it can result in a 250 kcal oatmeal or a 500kcal heavenly breakfast bomb.
    I have this everyday,and it's something we never eat in Spain,but I got hooked to it while on the US earlier this year. i LOVE my daily oatmeal :)
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as little as possible during the day because I know that I tend to snack in the evening after dinner. When I do eat breakfast I have a little bit cereal, apart from on the rare occasion when my mum cooks me eggs and stuff :)

^ this is not such a good idea, you need the biggest part of your calories at the beginning of the day to keep your body energized so you dont crash. besides its not good to eat a lot before bed, sleeping on a full stomach will actually cause you to gain weight.

That's simply not true. I see that you recently joined MFP. Hang around long enough and you'll learn that alot of what you think you know about weight loss might simply be a myth.

I almost never eat breakfast and consume 70-80% of my daily calories within 2 hours of going to bed. <gasp>
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I'm doing low carb so I have fried eggs, bacon, and 1 slice of low carb bread with butter. Since the bread has 5 carbs, uterus only slice I get all day. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. This is my biggest meal. I have a salad for lunch almost everyday.

<crickets>

Well, they should be.

It's certainly better than some of these other ill-conceived diets.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I've gone ahead and put the most incorrect information in this entire thread in bold. (and that includes the uterus jokes)

Whaaaaa.jpg
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    two egg whites and one whole egg scrambled with a pinch of cheese
    3 strips of bacon (gwaltney makes a great low-fat variety, only 60 cals for the batch)
    2 pieces of whole wheat low cal toast
    1/2 cup of prepared oatmeal made with almond milk

a smidge less than 400 calories total

I need more carbs for breakfast though, maybe some fruit, I was just out the last few breakfasts.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

<crickets>

Well, they should be.

I don't want to belabor the point, but it's definitely worth considering.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

<crickets>

Well, they should be.

Might be time for an early termination
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

<crickets>

Well, they should be.

Dear God, you're quoting yourself....

You sad, sad man.
  • teremenmar
    teremenmar Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    LOL!

• d860
    d860 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1 serving of cereal w/ 1/2 a serving of skim milk, 1 banana, 10 almonds and a protein shake w/ 1/2 serving of skim milk.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Usually bacon and eggs... but I'm broke right now so it's been oatmeal with protein powder and coconut oil since that's all I got in the house lol.