What have you NEVER done because you were overweight ?

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Worn a bikini.

Run 5k.

Both of which I am hoping to do one day.

Plenty of 5Ks where that is not only acceptable but encouraged.
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    I want to try indoor sky diving. There is a weight limit that I am at least 50 lbs over still.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love everyones comments!!!

Mine is so close to my heart- and I am close but scared. I loved to roller skate as a kid, I did it until I was about 20, and I was really good, and really fast. Bought in line skates but never liked them. But a year ago, I bought some skates- beautiful!! They are in my closet.........taunting me!! The one fear I have constantly is injury. I am still on my weight loss journey, and I teach fitness classes now- if I get hurt I am out of commission for teaching- and I can't let that happen. So, I have a goal, to hit the goal weight I want to be at by January- and get those skates on and start practicing again............and hopefully incorporating this into my routine as I love it so much!!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Run a mile. Do a pull up. Shop in a regular size women's clothing department.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Finish college. I'm terrified of facing the humiliation of not being able to fit into a desk or worse breaking it. My stupid weight has held me back from so many things. I'm over it
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    @lozadee That's so sad. You should like something about yourself even if you are overweight.

I have never been carried around by a guy. I want a guy to pick me up and carry me to the bedroom and lay me down gently. I figure I have about 100 pounds to go unless Paul Bunyan is available!

aww. I like this one. Because when I was bigger, I felt that too. I have achieved my goal now, and am working on going from "thin" to "athletic" (I want to see a 6 pack in the mirror)....but I just have to say, the first time my SON gave me a piggy back, I felt soooo stoked...not just that I was thin enough, but also that he was strong enough.

Your time will come, my friend. For a long time i really genuinely believed I would never be my skinnier version again.... but I blew my skinnier version out of the water and achieved goals I have never achieved before. Including doing chin ups, wearing size 4 clothes (my "skinny" jeans most of my life were size 11's, and when I was "big" it was a lot bigger than size 11's, my goal was to get to size 11's).

Anyways, Y'all GOT THIS!
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Liked myself
    This, and see why others like me... or even wish to befriend me. So I stayed single (doesn't help those I showed my picture to, flee. As if escaping Godzilla's reign of Japan )... Pathetic, I know
  • msshiraz
    Options
    2 chicks at the same time

I am sure you could hire them now- but most women don't like to be called chicks- and I am sure most don't fantasize about sharing with someone unless they are in the professional industry
  • chickpea00
    Options

Ha!
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Run a 10k or half marathon. A half marathon still seems impossible at this point.

I've never worn a bikini either. And may never get to now that I have stretch marks and saggy/stretched out skin (not fat) from pregnancy. :(
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I am sure you could hire them now- but most women don't like to be called chicks- and I am sure most don't fantasize about sharing with someone unless they are in the professional industry

It's a quote from the cult film Office Space, where he was asked what he would like to do if he could do anything in the world.

Was hoping to make people smile, not cause offence.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

LOL. If only it were so easy!

Oh wait.. since I am a chick, it is easy! I win!
  • msshiraz
    Options

It's a quote from the film cult Office Space, where he was asked what he would like to do if he could do anything in the world.

Roger that- glad to hear it- so what is the real thing you want to do that you can't now? :)
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options

It's a quote from the film cult Office Space, where he was asked what he would like to do if he could do anything in the world.

Roger that- glad to hear it- so what is the real thing you want to do that you can't now? :)

Ride some of the Rollercoasters I could never fit on. :)
  • amyleigh1976
    amyleigh1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have always walked around worrying people were looking at my mid-section trying to figure out if I was pregnant or just overweight and I really hate that feeling. I also never wear shirts that fit- winter is the best because I can hide behind a sweatshirt so Id love to be able to wear a cute form fitting sweater :-)
  • enigmachik
    Options
    Skydiving

I'm under the weight limit, but I'm only 4'10" and I'm sure that I'm bigger around that many people who are over the weight limit so I don't dare try for fear the harness/parachute won't fit.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options

It's a quote from the cult film Office Space, where he was asked what he would like to do if he could do anything in the world.

It's ok, you made me lol. And there are in fact non-hookers who do threesomes on this planet.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I went skydiving... I was always over the weight limit and it simply wasn't an option... then suddenly it was.. and I did it.. and it was awesome!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Wearing a two piece without covering up the top or bottom half. All through childhood I wore tee-shirts then I upgraded to a bikini top but wore shorts. And those were my good years.

I'd like to wear a two piece bathing suit without a cover up.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I want to try indoor sky diving. There is a weight limit that I am at least 50 lbs over still.
    I know for actual skydiving they're extremely lenient about the weight limit (around where I live, anyway), so you might want to look into it!
    Skydiving

I'm under the weight limit, but I'm only 4'10" and I'm sure that I'm bigger around that many people who are over the weight limit so I don't dare try for fear the harness/parachute won't fit.
    It will fit. I went when I was around 245lbs and all was fine.