10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Choco: thats sounds fun, I t hink I will indulge tonight too and pay for it tomorrow with gym and riding and sunday ride some more. I usually burn anywhere from 400 to 600 cals when riding cuz we just go to the park and back which is like an 8mile or more ride.

Dawna: hope u have a great run, sorry ur day isn't going great. it's friday tho so what happened to those pranks you were gonna pull on ur co workers? that thread had me cracking up.oh my gosh! we have the same dream job! I would love to say home and be a stay at home mom too! atleast you are half way there, you are married already hahaha. I am dating someone, it'll be 2 yrs in April BUT I think he has committment issues and I don't think this will be making it that far. Sounds bad I know which is why I have been reflecting on wether or not I shud even bother. I'm so over trying to change someone, I think after this I just wanna meet the right person and not date until I find someone with the same dreams as me. sorry, mini rant there.

Porterbaby: glad you are feeling better. hope ur life goes back to normal soon so u can get back into ur groove.

Great idea Dawna! My fun facts are:
    1. I was born in Honduras, but raised in Belize and now I live and work in New Orleans. I love that and would never change it cuz I have learned so much and been exposed to so many different things.
    2. I don't think this is a secret but I love turbo jam and now I'm starting to like the shred too, whereas before, I was the biggest couch potato u can imagine. I used to be able to watch TV for hours and hours at a time and be completely happy just laying on my couch all day. (literally on my summer vacations I would spend minimum of 6 - 10 hours on the tv hehe)
    3. I come from a large family - I have 4 brothers and a sister and my parents and we all used to live in one house hahaha. can u imagine? now we are spread out in 3 different countries so we try to get together on holidays and stuff and since we don't see each other all year long it gets very interesting cramming everyone back into one house. hahah.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

Today was pretty crazy. Work was ok but after I was running around like a crazy woman. I went over the cals a little but I think I did ok. I didn't workout tonight :embarassed: I will make up for it tomorrow. I am so tired it doesn't even make sense. I hope you girls have fun tonight. Choco and Nola yall drink one for me:wink: Dawna have fun with the hubby and enjoy your run I cant wait to get on that level of fitness. You ladies really motivate me every day and I want to Thank you.

Ok so fun facts about me.

Well I love love love Martha Stewart I am obsessed with watching the Food network
    I have three wonderful kids all BOYS!:noway:
    My dream job would also be a stay a home mom but it hasnt worked out that way. Plan B is owning my own restaurant

Oh and if anyone loves chocolate you have to try the Vita Tops yummy :tongue: as close to a brownie as you can get and it was only 100 cals!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a wonderful start. I had a blast last night w/a few of my girlfriends. After work 2 friends and I went to a bar for happy hour. I hadn't had an alcoholic beverage in over 3 months and I can't tell you the last time I had buffalo wings, so, it was a wonderful treat. After happy hour, I went home showered and changed clothes and went out with 3 different girlfriends to a little lounge/night club. The music and the vibe were cool so I enjoyed myself. I didn't get home until after 3 so I'm getting a late start today. I really have no desire to workout today but since I participate in a thread where the goal is to do some type of exercise everyday I will complete a light workout. Today will be another great day in GA so I'll be heading to the mall and out to lunch.

Dawna: Sorry you're Friday didn't start well but hopefully the quality time spent w/hubby will make up for it.

Nola: Hope you enjoyed your time at Chilis and you're able to get in great workouts today and tomorrow.

Ladydi: Congrats on the 1 lb loss. I also drank 1 for you....which would you prefer, the pear martini or coconut rum one b/c I had both....LOL

Fun facts:

1. I was born and raised in Boston but have resided in the Atl for the past 9 yrs.

2. I was the only child for almost 13 yrs b4 my younger brother was born.

3, I have no children but have been in the delivery room twice (once at 18 and again at 24)

4. I have friendships that have stood the test of time 28 yrs, 25 yrs and 19 yrs (because I'm still good friends w/my elementary, high school and college friends).

5. Lastly, I have a "thing" about wearing outside clothes inside (I have to take off whateva I was wearing outside as soon as I step in the house)....LOL
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    good morning everyone. i'm doing great on my weight loss. i'm almost in 160's. i'm so happybut also kinda sad, because i don't think i can remember ever being in that number or any number below that. i just want thank my friends on here for helping through the terrible times and plus reading others posts. i'm really going to keep on kicking my booty.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies,
    chili's was good I haven't logged so I dunno how I did. I ordered half rack of ribs and steam veggies and only ate half the ribs cuz I had a daiquiri and some cheese fries as the ap. oh oh.
    I didnt workout today cuz I got in so late last night I was tired all day. was out ti about 4am. which reminds...me I felt so sexy in this top that I bought over 3 months ago and hadn't been able to wear cuz I was too self contious. but I think I was rocking in and this girl even came up to me and told me WOW U LOST WEIGHT! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    that felt great! today didn't go so well, I ate left overs from last night and didn't get to work out. I feel so tired from not sleeping enough last night I just wanna be lazy and its raining outside so... idunno If I'll get my workout in today.

well have a great day ladies! will check in later.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today was a great day! I got my workout in, bought 2 cute spring dresses. One dress is for work while the other I'd for play (smile). My girlfriend and I hit the mall and had lunch. Now I'm thinkn about hittin the old school party.

Have a great night.
  • ladydi
    Options
    Hola chicas!

Yesterday was a good day I ate well and then came dinner:indifferent: my nephew had a party so I indulged a little. I was good for the most part. I am happy to say that I have lost almost 3 pounds from my last weigh in two weeks ago I am really happy. It was great because I went to the party and all of my family was there. As you girls already know that sisters and brothers are very real with you. At least mine are. They always tell me Diana girl you better stop eating I know it sounds mean but that is why I have such thick skin and I know they do it to give me a reality check:ohwell: ANYWAY back to the party as soon as I got there my annoying baby sister says dang girl you getting skinny I could have screamed I felt so good everyone was complementing me about I how good I look. That was so great it made feel good and want to workout more. I have only lost 7 pounds since I started 3 weeks ago can you imagine what they will say when I lose the rest of my weight. I am so excited and focused.:flowerforyou:

Hey ladies! What do you ladies struggle with this lifestyle change? For example getting in workouts on the weekend. What do you lady suggest?
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey di! so glad u are feeling successful same here. I have lost 14lbs and already ppl are noticing, can't wait for the rest of weight to come off! this lifestyle is sometimes hard but just keep pushing urself and take it one day at a time. weekends are HARD! I was doing great working out on weekends cuz I made it a point to workout every day (fri, sat and sun). but this weekend it was girls weekend and my bf and I are on a break and since my bike is at his place I didnt have my bike to ride today and i cannot bring myself to do a real workout on sundays. lol. just keep pushing girl

I have been bad all weekend, I don't even wanna get into details but the good news is I am ready to give it my all this week!

hope everyone had a great weekend and is off to a good start this coming week.

night night
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope everyone's weekend was wonderful. I really enjoyed my weekend but I must admit my eating was off the chart. I'm not really sure where the desire to eat everything came from but nonetheless it was here and in full effect. In addition to eating a little crazy I could not get out the bed this morning and get the workout in. This is the first time since I've joined MFP that I can recall not completing a morning workout. My lower back was aching something awful so I opted to remain in bed w/the heating pad and it feels a tad bit better. I DO PLAN ON WORKING OUT TODAY so don't give up on me just yet. If my back feels better I will complete the Insanity dvd or hit the gym and do the elliptical. If the back does not feel better I will do a walking dvd.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in a little later when the workout is complete.

I'm glad all your hard work is being noticed. It does feel good when people notice the weight loss and it helps motivate you to keep going. I generally don't have a problem working out over the weekend b/c I'm usually able to get them in early enough that it doesn't mess up my routine. The biggest struggle I have is that all my friends ALWAYS want to eat out or go out for drinks. Sometimes I go BUT do not indulge and sometimes I just pass altogether. This weekend I did neither. I went out and I drank and ate what I wanted and didn't give two thoughts about it. We have to remember that this change will be forever be a part of our life so we need to make changes that we truly feel we can stick w/throughout the duration.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! It was fun to read some fun facts about you all!! Glad to hear you are all feeling so great and confident in your bodies!! Keep up the good work!!

This weekend I feel like I got a lot of things done, it was a very productive weekend. My hubby and I went running Friday night. It was sooo great- and spending time with him really made my day and all my frustrations go away. We went running for about 40 minutes and then rocked the eliptical for another 30 minutes. The stress was definitely gone. Then we spent a nice relaxing evening at home.

Saturday I got a ton done! Went to the gym, made lunch, got ready for the day, cleaned the car, went to the mall to buy some cute clothes, went to Sizzlers to grab a bite to eat (ate a nice salad filled with veggies), went grocery shopping, did the laundry, cleaned the house, watched a movie & probably got about 15 minutes into the movie and I crashed. But, I felt pretty productive!! Sundays are my rest day from exercise-- went to church and then went to our neighbors to hold their cute little baby girl.

I think my biggest weakness with my lifestyle change going out to eat on the weekends. I am really good when it comes to exercise and getting my exercise on the weekends. We never eat out during the weekdays, but typically everyother weekend we like to go out to eat. Usually just the two of us...but sometimes with others as a social gathering too. But, we're trying to get better by doing meal planning- so that we can eat yummy foods on the weekend without having to go out to eat. I've gotta try really hard to limit the weekend outings because I really want these last 15 pounds to come off....and its NOT going to be easy. The first 20 pounds were easy...but these babies are just hanging on for dear life and I've gotta work extra hard to get them off. It will be sooo worth it.
  • nolachick
    Options
    my week is not off to a good start, just got my car towed cuz it was over heating and it turns out its the water pump and they were charging me $800 bucks to fix it :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

hell no. lets hope the next guy checking it will give me a better quote.

i still plan on sticking to my calories and letting out my frustrations in tonights workout.
    willl check in later.

glad to hear everyone had a great weekend. and choco I think u deserve a break if ur back is hurting, listen to ur body. you have had "perfect" attendance with ur workouts haha.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Despite the arthritis in the lower back acting up all day, the cold, rainy day and how extremely exhausted I am I have completed today's workout. The back only saw a little relief so I opted to complete 36 minutes of a Leslie Sansone dvd in hopes of being able to bring it w/my Cardio Power and Resistance workout tomorrow.

My plan is to make it an early night so I can get up bright and early tomorrow and knock out the workout.

Nola: Hope ur able to find a mechanic who doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'm glad u plan to take ur frustrations out in ur workout and not by eating. Great job!

Dawna: It sure sounds like you had a busy but productive weekend. It's so cool that you and ur hubby can spend quality time together by working out. There's not a lot of ppl that can say that.

Have a great evening ladies.
  • ladydi
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Well today was great! I got my workout in I really wasn't in the mood but I did it and I feel great.

Nola- be careful those mechanics will try to get you especially because you are a woman call around and get tough with these guys. I had a mechanic tell me my engine blew and it would take 1400 to fix I went to another mechanic and he charged me 550 a big difference some of those guys are crooks.

Dawna-Girl you need to bottle that and sell it!! You have so much energy and you sound like you had a very productive weekend.

Choco-Rest up that back do not over do it. If you can walk fine if not just rest. You do not want to make it worst.

Well 10 in 9 crew I am going to bed so have a great Tuesday!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, I will not lie...I came home exhausted and with a headache cuz I was stuck in traffic, got my car towed to another mechanic for a 2nd opinion and just thinking about me gave me a headache all day. I decided to lay down for a big when I got home til my headache went away and ended up falling asleep. I woke up 2hours later famished so I cooked dinner and gave myself the night off. I ate within my calories but went over on carbs. oh oh. whatever, just glad the head ache is gone and that I have a ride to work tomorrow. Crossing my fingers to get better news from the 2nd mechanic tomorrow.

Good night :smile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning! Today is week 4 day 2 of the Insanity program and I completed the Cardio Power & Resistance dvd. While I'm no where near mastering this program I'm finding myself getting a tad bit bored w/the repetition of the dvds and need to find some way to keep it fresh. My history has shown is that when I get bored I begin to dread working out and then stop altogether. I have no desire for this to happen this time around so I'm trying to pay attention to the signs.

I may look into taking a boot camp class for at least a month. When I took 2 sessions back in the fall I had a blast and absolutely loved the fact that the instructor changed it up frequently so I never knew what to expect. I saw pretty good results too my only problem of course was $$$$.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to share.

Nola: Wtg with making great decisions! I know u planned on working out but your body told you something different. I'm glad u listened to it and I'm glad you made a healthy choice regarding your dinner. Keep us posted about ur car. I agree w/Ladydi mechanics will try to take advantage of you b/c your a woman and sometimes you do have to get firm. I have an older car so I know the feeling of having to shell out unexpected money and coordinating rides so you can still to your daily routine.

Ladydi: I also know the feeling of not wanting to workout but glad you were able to fight through that feeling and get that workout in.

Ladies SPRING IS HERE so lets not look back and say to ourselves, SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA. I'm going to still the President of United States motto of YES WE CAN!

Have a great day!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Choco: you have been doing great with your workouts and so proud of you to sticking to 4 whole weeks of insanity. I know it must get boring but I find that when I set little goals for myself it gets more challenging. For example the goal of doing all the reps as the trainer for a segment that u can of course considering ur back and alll, or even if you don't do as many reps but do the workout for as long as they're doing it without taking a break, or only breaking when they do...u get the idea. that way u are pushing urself. I know sometimes it becomes monotonous and boring but just push thru that in the meantime. and there's nothing wrong with switching up the order of DVD's once in a while when u rather do one over the other.

LadyDi: so proud of you for pushing thru and completing your workout! I know there are days when you just don't feel like it, b ut when you are done, you're glad u did it.

I am waiting on the 2nd opinion from another mechanic today....xxxx....crossing my fingers to hear better numbers....

Have a great day ladies!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Nola: Thank you for the suggestion of smaller goals for each dvd. I had never even considered that. I want to at least make it through next week of the program b/c it introduces a new dvd. I will try to remember your suggestion tomorrow when I tackle the Plyometric dvd.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    Last night I was able to rush home after work, and get a quick 35 minutes workout in. It was a high intensity cardio workout--I like using that workout when I am limited on time because its intense and burns a lot of calories in a short period of time. My husband and I had plans to get together with two sets of friends, I was a little worried about the food situation, so I made sure to bring healthy sides. I knew we were having hamburgers so I brought some healthy wheat sandwich thins for buns, and some fruit and veggies as sides. Whew! In the past I would have avoided the gathering altogether- but I've realized that I have to still do fun things and just watch what I eat. I can't avoid everything that comes up in my life just because of the food. So, I've learned I have to be proactive and plan ahead to bring my own healthy sides & things as well as politely decline some foods. Its all part of making this lifestyle change work!

Nola- I really really hope that things go well with your car. I would do some internet research too!! Or asking around, some guys are really good with cars and may have a good idea as to how much low-to-high it could cost. Make sure to ask what parts you need (so you can get some estimates) as well as how long it takes for them to make the repair (so you can estimate how much of their total bill is towards the labor).

Choco- I hope your back gets to feeling 100%! I know what you mean about getting bored with the same workouts. I'm excited for some warm weather to get outside and get some more variety in my workouts. I love your attitude--- I'm not going to be thinking "shoulda, coulda, woulda" at the end of the summer...We are ALL going to do this--to look fabulous and feel great!!

ladydi- great job on getting that workout in! Last night I had the same feeling..I was just not that excited to do my workout. But, I kept telling myself "I NEED this!"...and about 5 minutes into it I was loving it. Exercise is such a great mood regulator, it definitely makes me feel lots better and more energized! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    ok ladies! I'm back! got my workout in today and went out to eat and stayed under my calories! feels great!
    i finished some laundry tonight, did my hair, packed tomorrow's lunch and fixed my clothes...feeling very accomplished now.
    oh and I heard back about my car and they will do it for about $200 less than the other guys so I gave them the green light to proceed and hopefully I will have my care back shortly. sucks that I will spend that much but atleast I'm getting a nice tax return that will cover it and then some.

well good night ladies :)
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    yeahhh!! thats great NOLA-- $200 less is amazing! and that is a lot of things you got done tonight--I love those kinds of days...especially after a workout. I bet you'll sleep great tonight! :)

I went and got my haircut tonight and I am starting to look fiiiine! Haha! With my much more slender face and a new haircut... I felt dang hot! So, I decided to get my workout on....Tonight I was able to get in my 30 minute Turbo Kick (cardio) workout as well as 40 minutes of ChaLean Extreme (strength training).....it felt so great to get back into the strength training again. I felt strong and really pushed myself a lot harder than I did the first round of the program. I hope to see even more results in the next few months

Now...its time for bed...I'm pooped!