I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Options

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    You should probably cut back to one and a half bottles a night. That will really help with your weklfjalsdkjf;aljdflkasjdlfkdf.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A bottle's ten units of alcohol, so one a day = 70 units per week (assuming you don't drink more or anything else as well at weekends) = longterm health damage.

Probably.

Although we all know people who soaked themselves in booze all day everyday, and were hale and hearty until they were about 110 when they died peacefully in their sleep surrounded by loved ones. Or at least I do!

Depends about how you feel about playing roulette with your liver and general cancer risks.

This is one instance where calories don't matter, if you want to be healthy. Sorry.

I struggle with it a lot myself, and have to fight to make myself eat balanced food rather than drink my calories, so I do sympathise. But yeah, you should cut down.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes. Replace it with high quality craft beer. A good bomber or 750ml of beer tends to be around 500 calories too so it's an even trade. That's what I do, and I'm awesome. Don't you want to be awesome too?
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I think you should switch to Rum.

Rum is always the answer
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    only if you get knocked up
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I sense an overwhelming misunderstanding of sarcasm on this thread..... :indifferent:

You said it!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Calories in drinks count???
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    8228241498_e96f3807d1_n.jpg
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wine calories don't count... didn't you know?!
    Fact: alcohol and free food have no calories.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I personally don’t drink… But if I did my Doctor says it’s good to have a glass of wine a day. So just get a really, really big glass that will hold a bottles worth then you will be good to go.

AWESOME THINKING!!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    The only thing I would worry about is the calories. I am also a wine lover and would drink it daily if I could afford to (calorie wise). There is about 122 calories in a 5 oz glass of Merlot and i believe there is around 25 or so ounces in a bottle so you are looking at around 488 calories or so. I was drinking white wine a week ago and looked up the calories only to find out that I drank about 550 calories! Yikes! For me if I am going to have calories I would rather eat them, lol. :smile:

I really hope this is a joke. The only thing wrong with drinking a bottle of wine per day is the calories??? *facepalm*
    That much alcohol a day is just bad for your health, not just due to weight gain.

I'd have to agree... I normally wouldn't tell an adult what they should or shouldn't do but since you asked for opinions - I think a bottle of wine every day is a bit much. It has to be hard on your liver. I feel guilty when I kill a whole bottle even if it's only once a month! I'm not saying you have a problem, but you might want to take a step back and wonder why it is you're drinking an entire bottle of wine on a daily basis... anyway good luck, ultimately it is your body so if you cut back it will have to be because YOU want to...
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    8228241498_e96f3807d1_n.jpg

^ THIS
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    If your asking about it and wondering if it's too much then surely you know it is lol
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    You stop at one? You sound like a lightweight to me. You should up it to a box of Merlot a day to gain my respect.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Make it into Yukafluks and down the fruit after it's been in there a while.....you get your fruits and you get a good buzz...........win/win!
  • lprumgraham
    lprumgraham Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're not over doing it if you share it with me! LOL
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    Not at all. Two bottles are even better.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I see no shame in a bottle a wine a day!

Wanna?

15p3knd.gif
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Try the boxed kind next time. More bang for your buck, no shredded feet if you should drop it in a drunken haze, and I heard on the internets that the cardboard absorbs some of the calories from the wine.

Ask your doctor if Franzia™ is right for you!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't see wine, or alcohol, for that matter, as empty calories. Nutritionally, I suppose so. But they're good for my mood. I have a hell of a lot more fun drinking [insert beverage here] on a Saturday night than when I'm eating broccoli, so they're worth it. Gotta have fun sometimes!...or most of the time.

Just sayin. :drinker: