Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• Flame073
    Options
    Maybe as I should stop saying my ex husband was Psycho ... I think that's what scares men away from me and keeps me single !
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    too many bad experiences with too many women who are too needy, jealous and controlling..all unattractive qualities...not only that but any women i've met can't handle what I bring
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Because my fiancee died unexpectedly last year, two months before our wedding. I'm still wearing my engagement ring. Pretty sure that is the biggest C***blocker ever. Also, I miss the closeness and companionship and sex, but if I think about even going for coffee with a guy, I break out in a cold sweat and am wracked with sobbing. I guess I'm not single, as much as I am a widow.

You may be a widow, but you've still got a good sense of humor. Yes, you're fiance dying IS THE biggest C***block ever. I am sorry for your loss, but that's a damned funny way to say it!

Thanks. My fiancee certainly wouldn't have wanted me to sit around being bitter. He also would be quite upset with me sleeping with gys that aren't him. That being said, with the way he just up and left unexpectedly...the next time i run into him we have A LOT of things to talk about. In fact, I'm keeping a list...and he always hated "the talk". His fault, he brought it upon himself really.

Have a great day!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    :embarassed: Have no ideal... Help!?
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    I'm tall and come off with a strong personality which I have been told is intimidating to men. I have my own house and fix my own stuff, I've had a couple male friends tell me that I won't get a man because they won't feel like they have anything to offer me. Plus, I am shy and don't ever go out... so I guess my only chances is with the UPS or Fedex man :)

So basically, you're me. :) Well the tall version of me.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    All the guys that I attract are either in a relationship already or looking for a "shag"

I guess I come off to nice and willing to do anything!! Not really :)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Because I am mental. Don't be mental. It's less fun than it looks.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    Still looking for an equal.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Because I suck! Forever alone.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm very recently single. My ex cheated on me after 3 years. Turns out it is the best thing that could have happened, I am having the best time of my life being single and having fun!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    All you single peeps - work at it! I went on probably 30 dates in the span of a few months via online dating before finally finding my other half, the love of my life.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Right now, my life has no room for a "significant other". Work, responsibilities of taking care of a ill grandmother and my mother who has some health problems of her own, as well as my goal of getting fit and healthy leave practically no time left for anything else or anyone else. It's a bit lonely, I will admit, but when the time is right for me, that will all change. Until then, it's not fair for me to try to fit someone else into my life that I cannot devote my full attentions towards.

Plus, I'm not the normal 32-year-old male living in the year 2012! I'm a bit "old-fashioned" with a hint of the 21st century! If I could have chosen when I would have lived my life at the ages of 20 through my 30s, it would have been during the 1950s and 1960s. I love that time period. Try finding a woman today who enjoys those styles, music, movies, etc. today!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm tall and come off with a strong personality which I have been told is intimidating to men. I have my own house and fix my own stuff, I've had a couple male friends tell me that I won't get a man because they won't feel like they have anything to offer me. Plus, I am shy and don't ever go out... so I guess my only chances is with the UPS or Fedex man :)

your not aone... I think you describe me except I do go out, guys are afraid of me...
  • cindycrn40
    Options
    Because I choose to be. I would love to find someone, but I've always believed that it is better to be alone than to settle. The right person will come along one day---that goes for everyone :)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I love being single. Or at least, I love being single when I'm not completely hung up on an ex and can't enjoy the freedom because every second is consumed by continuous feelings of desperation, self-hate and mild obsession. Oh.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bump this is interesting to read
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I always end up being just the friend and I make bad choices in regards to guys. Oh well. I only mind being single when I'm not being awesome. And I'm always awesome.

And by make bad choices - I mean I talk to *kitten*, find out they're *kitten* and promptly stop talking to them.
  • All4Drakes
    All4Drakes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am single because I am not really looking! I have become too independent and strong and focused on the future and getting/keeping my life on track!

Also because I am a single mom to a little boy who I believe, deserves to have mommy be with someone that will care about him, too! I aim really high in my expectations of what I believe a man should be like for me and my son. I need a man who won't lie to me or my son, wants a ready-made family, doesn't ever expect more kids as I can't have anymore, goal oriented, stable with a job, independent, and much, much, much more... AKA I am Picky and have every right to be!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Because I was ruined by a man who treated me like no one ever has. He was so loving, so respectful, and so amazing that it completely changed my view on how people should treat each other. Being with him... everything was simple... happy... meaningful... At first it took a lot of time to get used to being treated like I was worth so much because I had never felt like I was... but now my entire view of what I should receive and, in turn, give in a relationship has completely changed. I felt for the first time what it meant to be loved completely by someone and give yourself completely to someone. And from the moment I met this absolute gentleman.. I could never again accept anything less from a relationship. I was ruined.

I may be average in the looks category, but I'm decently intelligent, humorous and friendly so I don't have much problem dates if I want them. But now... I can't stand the way men look at me... I can't believe the lewd comments they make to me or things they have tried to do... and I am absolutely disgusted by the vast majority of them.

For those of you who refuse to settle, keep holding on. I know there are good ones out there because I had one. You just have to sift through until you find them, and never lose sight of what you're worth and what's important to you. :)

So as for why I'm single...

The timing just wasn't right.

...and I think I'm in love.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm very recently single. My ex cheated on me after 3 years. Turns out it is the best thing that could have happened, I am having the best time of my life being single and having fun!

This is exactly my situation! Live it up, girly!