Are accents sexy ???

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    no
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    my favorite accent is from the West Virginia/Appalchian Mountain Area.
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Depends but by and large....YES! I love hearing someone from say Australia, British aristocrat , Ireland, Spain somewhere like that talk. I guess because it sounds exotic to our American ear. Then again a good lazy Louisiana drawl (think Harry Connick Jr. or Jaymes from recent Amazing Race) makes me sigh and I'm a southerner! I guess it would vary from person to person. OH! and some Indian accent's especially if it Shahrukh Khan or Shahid Kapoor speaking. :wink:
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Some do tend to make the panties drop.

^ what she said.:love:
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    irish, british, english, australian. :D
  • Accents are always sexy. It just depends if you can still understand them. With beautiful woman it's always easier to be more patient. With dudes it gets annoying. They usually act likes it my fault I have no idea what there saying.
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Of course! well... most hahaha
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Depends on the accent. I lived in Georgia (USA) for a while and some of the southern regional accents are pretty rough. Some though, are nice. I once saw a map at a university that showed how far accents/dialects in the US strayed from the "standard American English" you'd hear on a national news broadcast. That was a fascinating map.

And then there are the accents from outside the US--native English speakers, English-as-a-second-language speakers...they're all really interesting.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Polish accents are melt-worthy. >.>
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    OP nice :) But, I am a sucker for a southern boy! Omgoodness but, some of them have the sexiest drawls. It makes me melt!
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    British and Southern accents :blushing: get me everytime
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    I'm more of sucker for voices and not accents per se.

I did notice that some people in the US really get hung up on accents though. The last time I was there several women who I spoke with randomly told me they'd jump/marry me if I were a man because of my accent. I didn't really know how to react to that except to say "uhm thanks...".
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    American and Irish....any day of the week!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Are accents sexy? Oh mine is....deffo...it even turns me on :wink:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member

PS. there is no such thing as a 'British' accent, Britain is four different countries, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales...all with very different accents, and even within those four nations, there are lots of different accents...Estuary and Geordie for instance....
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Accents are hot, but a slow, southern drawl will make me melt :)
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    People tend to like my accent (British) I am from the North of England (Yorkshire) but I went to a boarding school so I don't have a northern accent, think Hermione Granger haha
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member

PS. there is no such thing as a 'British' accent, Britain is four different countries, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales...all with very different accents, and even within those four nations, there are lots of different accents...Estuary and Geordie for instance....
    For the tenth time: the common North American only knows about the general UK accent calles "british"... like a UK citizen could not make de difference between NY accent or Boston accent...
    I thought people would understand that...

That being said: BRITISH accent is yummy! lollllllllll
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes they are, especailly when there reading poems..
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Some are, some are not.