C25K everyone welcome, just starting or in the middle

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I looked at the playlist for that hiphop podcast and I don't know those types of songs...I could not run to that, it annoys me when I have to hear it for 5 seconds while flipping stations...

What I REALLY need is something hard and angry, like a Disturbed/Rage Against the Machine/System of a Down mix...that would ROCK!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I looked at the playlist for that hiphop podcast and I don't know those types of songs...I could not run to that, it annoys me when I have to hear it for 5 seconds while flipping stations...

What I REALLY need is something hard and angry, like a Disturbed/Rage Against the Machine/System of a Down mix...that would ROCK!

I like all types of music but Robin i agree, i feel like when i exercise to rock music it gives me more energy and i'm able to get through the work out more easily. If you find a rock podcast for c25k let me know! and don't be scared to move on to week 2, this program is amazing at how it trains your body, believe me u can do it!!!!!!!
  • melaniese
    melaniese Posts: 19
    Options

I believe if you have an iphone or itouch you can download a feature off of iTunes for $2.00 and then you can use your own music and works in the cues of when to run/walk
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks soo much for all the podcast ideas everyone!! I was really wondering how I would keep up with my times, this will help me out alot!

Tomorrow is W1D2 ... hope it goes okay!

Hope all of you are succeeding and doing well!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    So I did w1d2 tonight after work with one of the dogs, and it was awesome :) The app for my itouch adds a minute of walking right before the cool down so instead of stopping to walk for 6 minutes I ran the last minute instead. I had been running really slow, but that last minute I pushed myself to go as fast as I could and I made it the whole minute YAY it felt sooooo good. It was so gorgeous out and it just felt great to be outside being active again. I love this program. Anyone who never thought you would like running or just dread it completely, this is for you! I'm going to do some leg workouts and abs again tomorrow and walk the dogs a couple times.Hopefully we don't get hit by that big snow storm thats supposed to be coming. I just want winter to be over.

The iphone, itouch app is awesome. You can listen to your own playlist and use the app and it just gives you the cues to walk or run on top of your music. I bought my itouch just so I could use the app and its worth it, cause I didn't like any of the other podcasts.
  • JennMarieD
    Options
    I think it would be fun to have a group to check in with. That's the part I don't know about. Do you (the leader) start a new thread each week for check ins and encouragement / questions?

A friend and I just completed Week 5, Day One. I know exactly how you feel "melaniese", but you can do it!!

It has really been great to do it with a friend because it keeps us motivated and neither of us wants to convince ourselves we can slack off because then we let the other person down.

One idea...we are going to do Day One of this week (5) for a whole week. Then, I plan to do Day 2 for a whole week and then one workout on Day 3 before heading into what is officially called Week 6. As we stretch these days into weeks we intend to increase our speed. We need to get ready to do 2 miles in 20 minutes coming up here soon...6 miles per hour!! We're not quite there yet.

I will say...we are still totally treadmill based. I'm a little nervous to take it out on the road, but once the weather gets better I hope to give it a shot!
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    Thanks for the information. This looks like a great program, but I will have to wait untill my knee heals before I can run on it.
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished W1D1! I had to walk about 6 of the 60 second jogs but I am ready to go again for D2 on Friday! :happy:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura. Yes I was on the thread last summer. I finally got back on track today. It was so exciting and not nearly as hard as the first time I started the program. :laugh: Today during my lunch hour I did week 1 day 1. It felt great. Good luck to everyone. Keep going. You can do it. To those who haven't been able to start yet, looking forward to your posts when you are able to start. It's a great program. :flowerforyou:
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    Well, I did W5D2 yesterday and I have to admit, I didn't make it. On the first 8 minute run I had to stop running at about 6.5 minutes. I was going uphill and about keeled over right there. However, on the second 8 minute run I was able to complete it and feel great. I will be doing that day over again before I move on to day 3. That 20 minute run scares the crap out of me.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, W1D2 is complete and I must say that the podcast REALLY helped the time pass. It was great not having to keep up with how many seconds I was doing what. =)

Day 2 wasn't soo bad... I don't know how I will do running outside though. I could have today but with Church and being soo busy with that I didn't have a change to run until after dark. I am wondering if I'll be more sore tomorrow, yesterday wasn't too bad.

Maybe I'll start enjoying running...maybe! lol

Hope all of you are well and having success!
  • robin52077
    Options
    I took yesterday off, my knee was all achy and twinged every time I stepped on it.
    It always does that when it rains, it just never affected me and prevented my from doing anything before (because I spend most of my time on the couch anyways!)

I hope to go for week 2 today.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Finished Week 3 yesterday. I'm a little scared about starting week 4 but I'm getting so much better with my breathing so I think I can do it.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:
    I'd like to join in. I started the C25K last summer and injured my foot in the 3rd week and kept trying to run. After going to the doctor's I was told to stop running to allow my foot to heal. Since then I've made excuses as to why not to start again. This group is a great idea! Starting W1D1 this weekend.
    I read through your posts about the podcasts and I use Suz's and Nicole's podcasts. I really like the upbeat music! :happy:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Alright.....I finally was able to get back out and run after this stupid never ending cold! I had to repeat Week 6 Day 1 just to get back in the swing of things. Ugh! IT WAS TOUGH! Friday will be day 2 which is two 10 min runs with a 3 min walk inbetween. I'm a little scared.
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'm so excited for you that are up to the 8 minutes and 20 minutes runs. I remember the first time I did the C25K and got to those points and thinking there was no way I would be able to do it. But I did. Believe me, you will be able to do it and you'll be so proud of yourselves. I can't wait til I get there again. Good luck to you all. :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    Options
    I did it! I dared to try week two and DID IT!!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I did it! I dared to try week two and DID IT!!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You go girl. :drinker:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Congratulations Robin! :happy: :flowerforyou: