What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Berries or honey. Thinking I'm going to try PB2 x

It is good with PB2, I was doing that until I ran out :)
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sounds strange, and some of the ingredients are only found in the South... but I just tried it and it was amazing, rich, and hearty. Don't knock it 'till you try it!

1/2 cup quck cook oatmeal
    1 cup low sodium broth
    2 oz livermush (or scrapple)
    1 egg

Cook the oatmeal with the broth using your method of choice (I use the microwave) and in the meantime fry up the livermush and egg (runny yolk is the best!). Toss everything into the bowl with the oatmeal and stir. Looks gross, tastes like heaven!

This is kinda what I do! I love savoury oats! :)

I do a cup of steel cut + 3 c broth on Sunday night and prep it for the week, then when I re-heat it, I put in water and pach the egg right in it! SO YUM. :D
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just about one tea spoon of cinnamon.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That rather depends what I am using it for. At breakfast I normally add some type of fruit (whatever we have in) and a bit of cinnamon or some PB & honey or a little jam. I use it to make cookies, sweet and savoury bread and have also found it's good when finely ground as a thickening/bulking agent in stews. Oh, I use Sainsbury's Scottish porridge oats.:happy:
  • gettingfit4Rachel
    gettingfit4Rachel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Three Variations I love:

1. Strawberries, 1 tablespoon each dark chocolate chips and either shredded coconut or chopped walnuts.
    2. Banana, 1 tbs almond butter and 1 tbs dark chocolate chips.
    3. Blueberries (I use frozen which I thaw out), 1 tbs shredded coconut, 1 tbs walnuts and maple syrup.

Oh and I always include 1 tbs of ground flax, a dash of cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla extract in every oatmeal bowl!!
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    cinnamon, ginger, banana, flax meal. yum.
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Equal and cinnamon
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    sometimes i make what i call a breakfast shake.

1 cup of Milk
    2 raw eggs (dont have protein powder)
    1/2 cup of oatmal
    1 banana
    2 tbs of instant coffee (if i need a pick me up)
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal with water to which I add some wheat bran, some wheat germ, some goji berries, some pure maple syrup and some cinnamon. Yummy!!!!!
    Usually the result is about 2 - 3 cups big, but it's an entire meal, it lasts me until next meal.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I just put almonds or pecans in my oatmeal (made with milk). Got lots of good ideas now, thanks.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    PI make mine with water and add Helens seeds for cereals and a drizzel of honey and I have 2 freshly squeezed oranges!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I use old-fashioned oats to make thick protein pudding. 1/2 cup coconut milk, unflavored protein powder, 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter, 1/2 cup oatmeal, and 1 tbsp Jello sugar-free pudding mix. If I want something fruity, I'll sub some blackberries and blueberries for the sunflower seed butter.
  • sophiahwashington
    Options
    I like to add fresh chopped apple and almond slices.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    instead of water to boil the oats for oatmeal i use milk.
    and i add cinnamon and raisens..

talk about good!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I like the packaged ones because they are already portioned for me. I add dry chia seeds to them
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and sometimes pumpkin spice most often and occasionally a tablespoon of Trader Joe's pecan praline granola.
    Lots of great ideas on here!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    flour sugar egg and chocolate chips/walnuts - then bake
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I Mix even parts oats and milk/almond milk, add some cinnamon, PB and a dab of honey. Fridge overnight and zap for 30 seconds in the morning and add sliced bananas. YUMM!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and apple butter. Tastes like warm apple pie! :)