Why are girls constantly creeped on at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Kattamer81
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky that my gym has a separate work-out room just for ladies. Maybe you can look into other gyms in the area to see if there are any like that near you...that way you can work out without guys being around.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    A) He's crossing a line

B) Stand up for yourself instead of complaining to Internet strangers.
    You take your logic and you get out of here.

You get out of here right now!

Logic? Wimmin ain't gots time for logic!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    OP I'm with you on this one. I was just saying to my friends that I get hit on so much at the gym I didn't realize what a relief it would be to NOT get hit on. I go to the gym looking like I just rolled out of bed. I have tunnel vision. And yet I have had to change my workouts from morning to the afternoon lull. Granted your situation is really crappy because the Manager is here all day. But its funny how easy being polite gets out of control.

Right?? thank you!
    And on top of that I am not even friendly. Ask the people on my friends list. They will back me up here.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I just joined a gym this week. And OMG!!!!! Why do guys act like they're never seen girls before?!?! I mean how hot is it to check a girl out that is making all sorts of **** faces while working out. Hell, I gross myself out. I usually have my eyes to the floor, but in a gym, there's equiptment everywhere & I sure as hell don't want to walk right into it. LOL.
  • fearless_
    Options
    Only girls stare at me at the gym. :|
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I blame the person who created legguns.

i second and third this
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    OP I'm with you on this one. I was just saying to my friends that I get hit on so much at the gym I didn't realize what a relief it would be to NOT get hit on. I go to the gym looking like I just rolled out of bed. I have tunnel vision. And yet I have had to change my workouts from morning to the afternoon lull. Granted your situation is really crappy because the Manager is here all day. But its funny how easy being polite gets out of control.

Right?? thank you!
    You are the OP.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    and OP, I think you should see about switching gyms if the dude is always hanging around you and making you feel uncomfortable. You have a right to feel comfortable/safe at your place of workin' it out.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to put up boundaries with men you are not interested in RIGHT AWAY. Please don't think I'm blaming you for his behavior but the whole 'pity hug' thing seems so odd to me. Don't you see, that just encouraged him to believe you were interested in him?

I feel for you because I was a young woman once too, I know how it is. Let me explain to you so something about hetero men: they do not talk to women they are not interested in. For sure, they certainly don't 'hug' women they are not interested in. Not like this guy did with you, at least. Observe him...does he hug the fat dumpy housewives at the gym? The little old ladies? Other dudes? probably not.

This guy is a creep and you should tell him to leave you alone.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Right?? thank you!

Ok..I'm like really confused with this one. Are you talking to yourself or do you just honestly don't know how to hit the quote button.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I honestly cannot relate to this. I never got any attention at the gym. But then again, I have perfected my "leave-me-alone" air. I generally never get bothered in public, no matter where I go.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I bet if he exhibited the same behavior, but was attractive he wouldn't be a "creep"
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it feels good to be 'mature' so that only the old guys look. LOL
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You know I have all kinds of women hug me all the time. I don't really have a point except to say I like hugs!
  • alexissalcido5
    Options
    I just joined a gym this week. And OMG!!!!! Why do guys act like they're never seen girls before?!?! I mean how hot is it to check a girl out that is making all sorts of **** faces while working out. Hell, I gross myself out. I usually have my eyes to the floor, but in a gym, there's equiptment everywhere & I sure as hell don't want to walk right into it. LOL.

Most men are just pervs and the girls that defend them obviously just want male attention because their desperate. Just leave us women alone! We go to the gym for one reason: TO WORKOUT!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Is 30 the age you become old and creepy?? @#$%
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I know...young, right!!??
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I look like a ***** at the gym...so noone bothers me lol
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Ok..I'm like really confused with this one. Are you talking to yourself or do you just honestly don't know how to hit the quote button.

Yeah, I was like "...uhhh does she know what OP means?"
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Right?? thank you!

I got confused by that too!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Is 30 the age you become old and creepy?? @#$%

^^^ Not even.
This discussion has been closed.