zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Not being the guy girls wanna date

Not being the girl guys want to date.
  • EVERYTHING!!!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Going to places like the mall and feeling like the Cabbage Patch doll in a room full of Barbie dolls. And then crying because I can't find any clothing that looks good/fits AND is within my price range. Fat clothes are expensive!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Not having any confidence--feeling invisible--not being taken seriously!
  • witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Being told my face is pretty and when I lose weight I will be something else...pssht!!!!
    this,,,, perfectly well said right there,,,

and also the fact of feeling to ''try on'' so many darn outfits in the morning,,,,, thinking one actually make you look half decent,,, sigh,,,, yeah, ,, will be glad once my journey is over, slowly getting there!!!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Plan A for when I reach my goal weight and have a closet full of things that don't fit is still to try to get on one of those TBS makeover shows, like What Not To Wear, so I can both get new clothes and learn how to dress like a grownup in one fell swoop.

Exactly! I can't wear jeans to work so I've been sporting the 80-years old look for some time. I've come to feel 80 years old too since I can't be stylish.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to say I hate everything about being fat - never feeling comfortable, always feeling self-conscious, not being able to wear the cute or sexy clothes I like, worrying about my health.... I was always the 'friend' not the hot chick so I get that feeling you had in the club. I was often treated like 'one of the guys' instead of the datable chick. My hubby changed that image of myself, but I still want to look better for him. Looking forward to losing the weight and finally feeling sexy for the first time ever.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Having high cholesterol as a result (it was normal 3 years ago & 30 lb. lighter)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The fact that I never recognized myself as fat. Looking back now I see exactly how fat I was, but when I was fat I would always tell myself I wasn't that fat. But now I totally see it, and it bothers me that I let it go for so long.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts. That was fine for middle and high school, but I'm almost 22. As I've slimmed down, more options have become available to me, but now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I usually just reach for what I know anyway.

Actually I hate EVERYTHING about being fat... but I hate having to buy mens T-shirts because of the above ^... I wear x-large mens t-shirts because I have the bye-bye thing going on with my upper arms and women's t-shirts just don't have long enough arms to cover... Will be glad when I can shop in the women's department and NOT the FAT women's department..
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    risking my health
    not being as tiny in chairs
    adjusting my clothing constantly
    feelling ashamed of what i put in my mouth
    and everything!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Not being the guy girls drool over.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Mirrors in department store dressing rooms can bring me to tears.
  • starcrost79
    Options
    No "middle-of-the-road" clothing options for adults. Apparently fat women come in exactly two flavors: 80 years old or super-sassy diva. I don't like pastel tents (Lane Bryant) OR leopard-print leggings (Torrid), so I've just kind of fallen into a rut of ill-fitting jeans and baggy T-shirts.

Totally agree! And even though stores like Lane Bryant have started realizing that every overweight girl isn't interested in wearing a moo-moo, they still create their clothing for Amazonian women. Like all of us that weigh more than average are like 6.5 feet tall! And their petite sized pants are too short - so you either look like you're waiting for a flood or you're walking on your pant legs.

It's also tough to find professional clothing. Right now I'm getting away with button down shirts and nice looking t-shirts with my ill-fitting catchall black dress pants. But, meeting with clients requires a little more upscale look than that. As I slim down, more options are coming available, so I'm looking forward to buying my first sharp looking suit! :o)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    OP.....that is a terrible feeling. I'm sorry you experience that when going out. Keep working out and eating right and eventually you will have to chase the guys away! BUT....you should find a guy who likes you for YOU, not just your looks. Best of luck to you.
  • danikadg
    Options
    Not having fun shopping because none of the clothes fit like I think they should
  • GunnerGirl029
    GunnerGirl029 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Two things have been really bothering me lately. First is my engagement ring is so tight it's leaving deep marks on my finger. It's constantly nagging me. Second is my face, my poor cheeks feel so chubby. I'm glad it's winter and I can cover my face with a scarf.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Being told my face is pretty and when I lose weight I will be something else...pssht!!!!

At least someone tells you your face is pretty. :( Idiots. I lost a bunch of weight before and everyone was telling how great i looked. I really really hated that. it implied that i was ugly before. I don't want anyone to tell me I look great after i lose weight. I want to hear that it's clear how hard I worked, and perhaps how healthy i look. But the last time i lost a bunch I was much younger and I didn't think I looked that bad heavy. I just didn't like the health implications and clothing options.
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not being able to keep up with my children!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just that my belly was disproportionately big to the rest of me.

These days I have a new problem; squatting and deadlifting has slimmed my legs and given me a very round butt. It looks a bit funny IMO for a guy in jeans :P