Why wouldn't you kiss someone?

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen pretty women where the pros do everything but they never kiss? Something like that
    Why hasn't anyone thought of this before now?

Truly amazing stuff
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    Also, when the hell did kissing become more intimate than having sex?

That is probably the issue with my generation.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Somehow a lot happened in the time that I was gone. Did not expect this to be that popular. I will give you guys more details before reading all of these pages.

Me and Said Co-Worker had hung out before. He'd taken me on a nice dinner date. We spent a day together running errands. From there it led to flirting at work. We work a lot of late night shifts with 13 hour days, so he'd joke about how I should just come and crash with him in his bed. When it came up last night, yes, I knew what "cuddle and sleep" meant.

I was not looking to sleep with him. I was however, hoping to make out. Maybe get some nice intimate time. Pass out. Leave in the morning. Call it a day.

Instead. We fell asleep for awhile while cuddling. Woke up in the middle of the night to fondling, groping, yadda yadda. This to me is "fooling around". I told him I didn't want to have sex yet but I would at least be nice enough to not leave him suffering, if you know what I mean.

Cut to the end part of everything. I left this morning on the note that we'd spend another night together soon, but then looked back on it and realized that not once did we kiss. I'm so used to the order being Kiss > Heavily Make Out > Grope like you're teenagers > Have Sex. This was more like. Cuddle > Grope like teenagers > Explore Body Parts > End Game.

I'm not a prostitute. I also haven't been with anyone for a few months. This could be the problem. Being in your mid 20's is weird.

Okay, joking aside here is what you should just do...Either talk to him about it...or kiss him already. There..we've solved it. Woot :D
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Sex is secondary...hence why prostitutes don`t go with the whole kissing thing.

Where is the proof of this? Besides Julia Roberts movies, how many of you have experienced hookers?

Possible reference HBO Cathouse: The Series or HBO Bunny Ranch: The Series.

Don't forget that other HBO special hookers on the point or something.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Because sometimes, you just gotta get laid....just saying.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

a *kitten* could be more intimate than sex too.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    my friends tell that my last "relationship" went nowhere because I didn't try banging her by the 4-5th date and that she may have gotten board.

Is that possible? Figured women rather meet a guy that doesn't try to just do them on the first or second date.

4 or 5th date and NADA? Or is it a BJ, HJ and ZJ 4th or 5th date?

well there weren't real opportunities the last couple dates but was planning on it soon...but just wasn't feeling the whole thing and we kinda just stopped talking.

If true...sorry for being a gentleman..lol. No HJ, BJ or ZJ either.

lmao..in a crude way, yeah..that's probably true. If one of you doesn't make a move and it doesn't go anywhere..why keep dating. Either you end up not talking or friend-zoning each other.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Two quotes from the OP, then my reaction.
    So. I had a weird evening, and I was discussing the events with a male friend over breakfast. Both of us are confused by the situation.

I've been flirting with a coworker for several weeks. After a few hang outs, he invited me over to sleep and "cuddle". We got rather intimate, but throughout the whole thing, not once did we kiss each other.

As a 24 year old woman who has had a few intimate encounters, kissing is like...the first base. The foundation. You can't have anything else without the kissing.

My mind is boggled. Has anybody else encountered this?

(i ruled out bad breath, as I know we both showered and cleaned up before meeting. He also is a rather bearded man. Maybe he was afraid I couldn't find his lips in the mess of hair.)
    I wasnt going into it expecting a relationship. I knew what our "sleep and cuddle" time meant. We didn't have sex, just fooled around. However I thought kissing was just something everyone did, whether you were just planning on hooking up or not.

Isn't kissing the best part of it?

This is a big nothing. You haven’t had sex. You haven’t kissed. Kiss first!

Also, this guy has very subpar game.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    well there weren't real opportunities the last couple dates but was planning on it soon...but just wasn't feeling the whole thing and we kinda just stopped talking.

If true...sorry for being a gentleman..lol. No HJ, BJ or ZJ either.

Unfortunately, a gentleman isn't every gals guy. Real sorry that happened to you at all. Maybe 'not feeling the whole thing' was a sign of things to come.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Two quotes from the OP, then my reaction.

This is a big nothing. You haven’t had sex. You haven’t kissed. Kiss first!

Also, this guy has very subpar game.

Right?! lol
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    In my experiences, if it is just a hook up or booty call, then kissing doesn't happen.

sounds like you are in a very large and dirty bootie pond.

no kissing lol. what are you prostitutes?

I couldn't agree more.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    He invited you over to "sleep and cuddle", you bought it and you think he wants a relationship? He didn't kiss you because he just wanted to "cuddle", nothing more.

unfortunately i thought this too when i read your op.

I wasnt going into it expecting a relationship. I knew what our "sleep and cuddle" time meant. We didn't have sex, just fooled around. However I thought kissing was just something everyone did, whether you were just planning on hooking up or not.

Isn't kissing the best part of it?

If kissing is the best part, you're doing it wrong.

...or HE is.

^ hahaha this. Kissing is great and all but I'm rather certain I've never had an orgasm from just kissing... sure as hell I've never given any orgasms from kissing. And I've been told by many girls that I am a terrific kisser.

If he didn't want to kiss you it's because he's a jerk and wants to have the excuse, "well we didn't even kiss!" if it ever came to light in the work place about what you guys did.
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    It's called.. "he's just not that into you".. you should read it. :P
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I told him I didn't want to have sex yet but I would at least be nice enough to not leave him suffering, if you know what I mean.

Nevermind. You're allright in my book. And no one kisses at 3:00 a.m.
  • vice350z
    Options
    lmao..in a crude way, yeah..that's probably true. If one of you doesn't make a move and it doesn't go anywhere..why keep dating. Either you end up not talking or friend-zoning each other.
    Unfortunately, a gentleman isn't every gals guy. Real sorry that happened to you at all. Maybe 'not feeling the whole thing' was a sign of things to come.

eh, live and learn. She pursued me at a bar, first girl i "dated' in over 2 years and was kinda forcing myself to like the whole thing but we probably both knew it was going nowhere.

On to the next...hopefully before another 2 years..lol
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for? He obviously does not want to kiss you, just fool around as you said. I might be an old prude, but I wouldn't go over to a man's house to sleep and cuddle. He has one thing on his mind and just testing the water.
    yes i agree.. the type of girls who are kinda easy like this are not the ones to land the man... i made my current man wait and guess what im the first one he ever loved... i was special because i simply made him wait for my goodies... but its not her fault society is brainwashing woman to be easier and maybe she wasnt looking to land him anyways... maybe she also just wanted a one night thing.. but i think she wanted kissing also..... sooo..? who knows... im glad im not single cuz seriously ima be a prude pants and just masterbate like crazy...... lol all the STDs in the world scare me.. they even have a at home AIDS kit.... GROSS!!!!!

Wow that second comment is the most pretentious comment I have ever read on this site. Congrats! lol
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    eh, live and learn. She pursued me at a bar, first girl i "dated' in over 2 years and was kinda forcing myself to like the whole thing but we probably both knew it was going nowhere.

True. I call those charity dates@kinda forcing myself to like the whole thing. You're a looker. A 2 years time frame shouldn't be a problem once you feel you're ready. :)
  • vice350z
    Options

True. I call those charity dates@kinda forcing myself to like the whole thing. You're a looker. A 2 years time frame shouldn't be a problem once you feel you're ready. :)

Thanks :) Yeah, deep down i know i'm not ready for the whole dating thing cuz I'm not completely happy with myself yet. I'll get there soon though and have fun again. Just felt good to have someone into me..even if it was for a short period of time.

Ok, sorry for the thread derail...back on topic!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    all these rules are weird.

kissing IS awesome...i wouldnt bother with someone who didnt want to kiss...see ya!

DITTO!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Only reason I could think of it the guy is either timid or gay.

Hmm. I've made out with gay men. They like kissing. Many of them also like to feel boobs.

Ummm. Wait. But many of us straight guys like kissing and feeling boobs too. Is that weird?

maybe that means even the straightest of men is truly gay at heart? :flowerforyou:

Hummm . . let's see

a) some gay dudes like boobs and kissing chicks,
    b) some straight dudes also like boobs and kissing chicks,

therefore: some straight dudes are gay.

Looks like logically sound stuff to me. Next up, Venn diagrams

Wait, you're counting tranny boobs aren't you?

Exactly! Now if all the straight guys would just accept it, the world would be a lot more harmonious.

Kumbaya and all that. :heart: