what do you hate about being "fat"

Options

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Mostly knowing that I am a wonderful person and people do not see it because of my weight

Me too. :cry:
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Grandboy wanting me on the floor playing ....and its soooo hard to get there and then get up again! He is five and can run faster than Grandma!
  • The lack confidence, constantly being paranoid when someone is laughing, the bullying, the jokes and the stares affected me much more than I would ever though it would, as even after losing 100 pounds I still get that same stomach tightening feeling when someone starts whispering to their friends while looking at me.
    Never feeling like you are worth the compliments you get and being awkward in most social situations, are also downsides of my childhood spent as an overweight person
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Not being able to buy clothes from non-specialty uber expensive 14+ stores p.much.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Knee pain! Not being able to climb stairs without a rail to help pull myself up! But that was 65 pounds ago!! :tongue:
  • Bentonsmum
    Bentonsmum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Running into someone who used to have a crush on you, and they don't recognize you.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I hate never feeling like I look really good, only adequate.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm not fat, per se. Just a little more "thick" than I'd like to be.

I hate feeling guilty when I have dessert. I hate feeling guilty for not working out 6 days instead of 5. I just hate feeling guilty, basically.
  • dave_ham
    Options
    not being absolutely confident in your skin.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I hate that I can't just rip of my clothes and rip off her clothes and just go at it....cuz I hate how I currently look naked.
  • s0devi0us
    s0devi0us Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING! not once did i look at being overweight like, hey this is a perk! no, being healthy and fitting in my clothes to the point I feel comfortable means way more than any hamburger could!

GOOD LUCK and anyone who is SINCERE about this sight feel free to ADD ME! for inspiration and motivation, LETS GO US!
  • ssotogarcia
    Options
    I'm tall, so I carry it well? Right?.
  • ssotogarcia
    Options
    O and the fact that they started making fat girls clothing sizes "0-4" so we feel better. Just makes u more depressed cause they had to invent a size so a fat girl would feel more comfortable shopping for smaller numbered clothes. Uggg
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Rolls
    Oh u look so "healthy" (euphemism)
    Clothes.not.fitting
    Jiggle
    Bikinis
    Thighs
    Carrying all that around and walking like snuffalufagus
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    O and the fact that they started making fat girls clothing sizes "0-4" so we feel better. Just makes u more depressed cause they had to invent a size so a fat girl would feel more comfortable shopping for smaller numbered clothes. Uggg
    I'm sorry in going to have to disagree with you no where is a 0-4 fat and I'm personally offended thanks
  • fashionista_jas
    fashionista_jas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That cute clothing doesn't fit as well. (at least for my body curves are beautiful and all as well)
  • ssotogarcia
    Options
    I'm sorry in going to have to disagree with you no where is a 0-4 fat and I'm personally offended thanks

Department stores are using sizes 0-4 in plus size now.0 is a 16, 1 is an 18, etc... Not saying 0-4 are fat. But designers decided plus size ppl needed a smaller number to feel better. I personally feel better buying a 16 instead of a plus size 1.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Being told my face is pretty and when I lose weight I will be something else...pssht!!!!

This.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Department stores are using sizes 0-4 in plus size now.0 is a 16, 1 is an 18, etc... Not saying 0-4 are fat. But designers decided plus size ppl needed a smaller number to feel better. I personally feel better buying a 16 instead of a plus size 1.

^^ Lane Bryant does this and I find it to be so fecking condescending. It's like look I'm not shopping here for you to tell me I wear a size 5 ( really 24), and it's embarrassing to see that number knowing damn well I need at least 4 pairs of real size 5 jeans to make one pair for myself.

I now order all my clothing online.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    And being told I have a "really pretty face" is a half assed compliment that makes me wanna ***** slap somebody. Just shut the hell up and be quiet and don't placate the fat girl thanks.