Makeup Junkies!

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have oily skin (this includes my eyelids) and I've found that the only eyeshadow brands that don't crease on me (even with eye primer) are MAC and Mary Kay. Mary Kay tends to get a lot of hate, but if I don't have to wonder if my shadow is creased, I'm going to use it. :smile:

Really?!! I adore Urban Decay to death but by the end of the day I barely have any one because I have been blessed with oily skin... Gonna have to try MAC! Nobody sells Mary Kay here.

Both Naked pallets are amazing, certain colors from both are my go tos. I also love Too Faced or Smashbox.

I live in a rural area and never hear from makeup junkies lol... ULTA is my fave stop when I hit a big city. =)

If you don't already, try a primer before putting on eyeshadow. It makes a world of difference. I like Tarte but UD and Smashbox have good ones also (that I want to try).
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a good liquid eyeliner? max 20-30 bucks?

I like lancome artliner or nars stylo
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    have my naked palettes... right now Im using the lorac pro and I love it!!
    always looking for a good mascara... the only one I ever loved is the mufe one but I can't spend that much so often. lol.
    just got the UD foundation to powder compact, a tarte mascara and a bunch of other things I cant remember. I go to ulta or sephora every weekend. I could always use makeup junkie friends so add me!!
    I can talk about makeup all day. :o)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I just went online and ordered Naked2 and Smashbox photo finsh primer from Sephora. My name is Patti, and I'm a makeup junkie.

Ditto.

Except, you know, my name isn't Patti.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My make-up is ridiculous! My sister looks at my make-up bag and see's what I pull out and she feels like her jaw hits the floor everytime.

I am a huge fan of SmashBox, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, Mac and Make-up Forever.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I have more makeup than I could ever possibly use, but my real weakness is nailpolish. China Glaze is my favorite brand, I have 115 bottles of that one brand alone, plus 100+ bottles of other brands.

I love China Glaze! I am also hooked on Sinful!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been a make-up artist for 4 years. She was completely obsessed and finally went to work for MAC. Oh the nice freebies we got!! After she worked retail for 3-1/2 years, she decided to go to a 8-5 job but she still does weddings, special events, etc. It is very lucrative as a side interest. I like to put it on and other than that I don't care. I buy drugstore stuff and always have.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Make Up Forever HD finishing powder. Totally worth the price tag, and it lasts for effing months. Love it.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I have more makeup than I could ever possibly use, but my real weakness is nailpolish. China Glaze is my favorite brand, I have 115 bottles of that one brand alone, plus 100+ bottles of other brands.

Does nail polish go off or go out of date?

Just wondering as I want to try some different colours but I wouldn't use them a lot. x
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Okay I do usually use liquid liner--but gel? What brand and where?? I feel like I've never heard of this. I'm a gel liner virgin.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals - have been using almost all their products for YEAAaaarrrrsssss....
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a good liquid eyeliner? max 20-30 bucks?

I use Bourjeois, it has a great applicator (super thin for great lines) and dries in less than 30 seconds. It comes in many colors including glittered colors and has a great matte black.
  • megs2003
    Options
    I am also a makeup junkie! I love Urban Decay eye shadow, Essie and OPI nail polish, Makeup Forever eyeliners (their aqua liner is an awesome liquid liner that's actually easy to use) and just fell in love with one of their lipsticks but it was sold out, so I'll have to go back in a few weeks. :( MAC is usually my go to for lipstick. But the one thing I absolutely cannot live out is my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. I once went to 4 different Holt Renfrew stores trying to find somewhere that had it in stock... I ended up having to leave work for an hour to rush uptown to the one I put on hold over the phone... I'm sure how I would have survived otherwise!
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sephora VIB ... thats how much I spend on Makeup... My fave brands are TARTE, NARS, MAC, Makeup Forever, Urban Decay and Bobbi Brown. I get so happy when I walk into Sephora or MAC store. I love playing with looks and color. I have the original Naked Palette and I 'd marry it if I could.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is the BEST. It's $20.. and I've run 2 half marathons and several races wearing it. It STAYS PUT!!!
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Trilogy Rosehip Oil - the stuff is amazing at healing facial scars and moisturizes without being greasy.

Where do you find trilogy rosehip oil?
    ....got for Christmas the bobbi brown cavier palette, love it! also love dior's skinflash!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Okay I do usually use liquid liner--but gel? What brand and where?? I feel like I've never heard of this. I'm a gel liner virgin.

mac fluidline.. macys, mac store
  • femmefatale22
    femmefatale22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    make up artist here! :bigsmile: currently working on a clinique + estee lauder counter and freelancing!

My favorite products at the moment are

Skincare:
    Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
    Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream
    La Praire Advanced Marine Biology Serum Day + Night
    Clean and Clear Blackhead Eraser
    Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Cleanser + Toner
    Clarins Pure & Radiant Mask
    Glamglow Mask

Make Up:
    Benefit Pore Professional
    Doublewear Light Foundation
    Bobbi Brown Corrector + Concealer
    Bobbi Brown Brow Set
    Benefit Hoola Bronzer
    Estee Lauder Singnature Shimmer Powder
    Bobbi Brown Creamshadows
    Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Black Velvet, Candelight, Bone and Black Topaz
    Clinique Gel Eyeliner
    Clinique High Impact Extreme Mascara
    Clinique Chubby Sticks
    Clarins Instant Light Lipgloss

Hair:
    Dove Restore Shampoo + Conditioner
    Boots Coconut Almond Hair Mask
    Charles Worthington Leave In Conditioner
    John Frieda Frizz-ease Hair Serum
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Does nail polish go off or go out of date?

Just wondering as I want to try some different colours but I wouldn't use them a lot. x

It can get pretty thick and hard to use if it's not closed tight enough, but I have a few bottles that are at least 12 years old and are still in great condition.
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Trilogy Rosehip Oil - the stuff is amazing at healing facial scars and moisturizes without being greasy.

Where do you find trilogy rosehip oil?
    ....got for Christmas the bobbi brown cavier palette, love it! also love dior's skinflash!