Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    iK32d.gif

hahaha
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    "splenda" obviously okay,of all places to completley miss the point of anything i said this is ridiculous. im not specifically claiming this all as splenda's fault. yes it is horrible. why do you have to get so fixed on just splenda though? look past just the surface and maybe re evaluate and look things up. do some research.

I think Splenda is being brought up because that's one of the things you mentioned. The point is that doing the best you can is what's important. It's better to eat some things that may not be up to your standard to make this sustainable for life rather than to do a severely restrictive diet that will be forgotten next month. I'm 55 years old and extremely healthy and to be honest it comes across as pretty condescending for you to be judging everyone on here for what they decide to eat. I applaude everybody on here because they're evidently trying to be the healthiest they can and that includes you.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Because they can and they paid for it...IDK...Free will?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't give a **** if it gives me cancer. i love the artificial sweeteners.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!!! 2 Years ago my doctor told me to lose weight (check), lower my sodium and caffeine intake (check check) and start exercising more (check)...and now I find out I have been doing it all wrong!!! What have I been doing to my size-8-down-from-a-size-12-lworking-out-atleast-four-times-a-week-only-drinking-two-cups-of-coffee-a-day- body??? Oh, self, how I have wronged you! I am poisoning you with my artificial flavorings, beer and nacho's and <gasp> I had 3 french fries the other day!!!
  • charovnitza
    Options
    Bump
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    Hey, seriously tho... Is that ALL you're gonna eat today?
    actually ive been working all day and am about to go cook dinner thanks.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    How did flouride get thrown under the bus? :ohwell:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

^Just checked this. Seems the OP needs to get her own house in order before deciding to offend a large swath of MFP. I truly wish there was a "dislike" button.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I will try to answer the question in your rant. "how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous"

Because I enjoy it. It's as simple as that. I don't engineer my life around the idea of living 100% as healthy as I can. I just try to do the best I can while still enjoying life.

None of us are going to live forever. I want to be healthier, but there's an upper bound on that where you get diminishing returns. I have better things to do with my time. Like replying to rants on MFP. (shakes head at self)
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Why do I eat Splenda? Because I like the taste of calorie-free bleached sugar chemicals, that's why.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you drink diet coke and have a lot of "added calorie" which are probably bad foods
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

but so if i do meth once in a while it wont kill me. so if i mess up from time to time and fall to meth it wont kill me? but it will. and so is ingesting toxic material. i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.

I find it sad and a bit crazy that you just compared splenda to meth. Really...don't go there.....

ETA: Trying to back your argument by going to extremes doesn't really help you. Just saying.

I'll have to try smoking Splenda tonight. Given my poisonous diet and obvious lack of success I have nothing to lose.

Puff, puff, pass.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This thread has grown from 1 to 6 pages in under 10 minutes. I just want to point that out.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    How did flouride get thrown under the bus? :ohwell:

Don't you know it causes autism? Well, that and giant, fatal nose warts in penguins. True story.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Glass houses and all that!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    So what is your point? Werevyou just trying to cause dissension ? I thought other responders were joking until I looked at YOUR food diary. Why won't you take the time to enter the FOODS that you are listing as Quick Calories? One day you had 1600+ calories and over 800 was listed as quick calories. I personally love this site, but it is members like you that must have conflict to exist. When you clean up your diary and log everything honestly, you are not an authority on any thing. What I donT get is why you think you can criticize anyone with your diary! Good luck.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

^Just checked this. Seems the OP needs to get her own house in order before deciding to offend a large swath of MFP. I truly wish there was a "dislike" button.

i know right!
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.
  • amili045
    Options
    thats exactly what most people trying to do but its really not motivating what you just said... Your focus should be your own growth and improvement. If you find it so easy to buy expensive products like coconut sugar or stevia then go for it or if you feel its easy for you to go without and go it the Suzanne Somers way then go for it. But obviously if it was so easy... we wouldnt all be here so try not to sound so judgemental.
This discussion has been closed.