Replies

• amili045
    Options
    IM ON MY SECOND BAG OF SUPER BUTTER POPCORN AND DIET COKE READING THIS

bahaha!!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows that sitting on a computer is like totally sedentary, so its obvious if you join MFP that you are not at all committed to being healthy.at.all
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have concluded that you are correct. You do not get it.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to sit here and eat some popcorn that could kill me...carry on :drinker:

Oh I want some! Pass the killer popcorn please. Buttered?

me too!! with extra salt for good measure :laugh:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.

I'm trying to have the debate, but you continue to claim all this evidence as to the harms of "unnatural" foods, and yet you have not provided one peer reviewed study. What does living in New Haven, Ct have anything to do with the expert testimony of someone with a Phd in biology?
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.

So are all of the I'm-better-than-everyone-else posts you make, apparenty.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This thread is the most ridiculous thing I've seen all day. According to the principles of toxicology, everything is a poison, just dependant on dose.

Also, the fluoride hate makes me cry over my bachelor of dental hygiene degree...all studies that showed water fluoridation to be "poison" were typically done a long time ago in Asia where the water concentration of fluoride was about 800 times higher than what's put in our water. You have to read through those studies and actually filter out whether or not their conclusions were relevant. I've done the research many times over, I drink tap water - have for years, along with fluoridated toothpastes, mouth rinses and topical treatments every 6 months at the dentist - my teeth are perfect and I'm not dead.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

Yawn.
    So many things I could say, but have more interesting things to spend my time on (time being limited, you know, far too limited to want to waste it on worrying about toxins in various things, and probably dying of something else anyway, having wasted so much time worrying about trivia).

Edit - Also, I don't really think you are qualified to be telling others how unhealthy their habits are or are not, given by your own admission you have an eating disorder.
  • RobynMcGregor
    Options
    Just slipping away to make another cup of green tea with artificial sweetener before sitting down to keep reading this thread.

Oh and I ate 2 chocolates left over from Christmas as my snack...I think I know which one is doing the most damage to reaching my goals. :-)
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

Hon, I know you're young (I have a child your age) so you're still learning (aren't we all?) People (especially people that have been doing MFP awhile) don't like being told what to do when they are doing something that works for them.

I will say that I checked out your food diary and noticed that you have "quick adds" every day this past week that you've logged in. You probably don't want to be told "what for" either, but most people would say that your way of logging doesn't give you (or any of your online friends) an accurate depiction of your macros...no one really knows where you're at, but you'd probably feel resentful if I called you on it. That is where people are coming from on this forum...they feel it is MYOB.

Lastly, I read that you suffer from an ED what you term a mental illness. I've never heard my food fixation described as such, so unless you have a psychiatric evaluation, be careful labeling food disorders as such. As a professional working woman, busy mother and wife, the label "cranky" fits me occasionally, but not "mentally ill".
  • granni87
    granni87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    maybe everyone doesn't share your opinions or reasons for being on this site... You assume you know their reasons and you may not be correct... Why they are on here or what they do is not really something for you to concern yourself about.. Better to just deal with your personal goals and reasons and leave others to deal with theirs.. if they seek your opinion they will probably ask you for it !
  • DeenaCarico
    DeenaCarico Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We are all on our own journeys and paths. You can get from Point A to Point several different ways.

I also believe that each and every one of us on this board are doing the best we can - and that's all that we can do.

This is a life journey - and we all bring different things into it. Someone uses Splenda, someone doesn't, someone eats fast food someone else doesn't - and that's all fine because no two of us are alike.

We are all here to support each other - and I SO appreciate the support.

I hope that you find your journey's end to be kind and pleasant and full of joy - because that is what life is all about. - getting to the end and being happy with the journey. Good luck to you and everyone who struggles with their weight - cause it is not an easy battle.
  • amili045
    Options
    this site is supposed to be fun, motivational and informative. You obviously arent stupid, living down or up the street from yale and all (notice how she didnt say "attending yale"), but human beings aren't perfect and good on you for being able to make all your own foods and all that but realistically speaking the topic you presented was a judgement not a topic of debate. What response did you honestly expect?
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well said
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.
    [/quote]

I have a feeling SOMEBODY had to go to their safety school cuz they didn't get accepted into Yale.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

Hon, I know you're young (I have a child your age) so you're still learning (aren't we all?) People (especially people that have been doing MFP awhile) don't like being told what to do when they are doing something that works for them.

I will say that I checked out your food diary and noticed that you have "quick adds" every day this past week that you've logged in. You probably don't want to be told "what for" either, but most people would say that your way of logging doesn't give you (or any of your online friends) an accurate depiction of your macros...no one really knows where you're at, but you'd probably feel resentful if I called you on it. That is where people are coming from on this forum...they feel it is MYOB.

Lastly, I read that you suffer from an ED what you term a mental illness. I've never heard my food fixation described as such, so unless you have a psychiatric evaluation, be careful labeling food disorders as such. As a professional working woman, busy mother and wife, the label "cranky" fits me occasionally, but not "mentally ill".

This is good
  • meggles1313
    Options
    This is why it is called MY fitness pal, because MY commitment is not the same as yours. MY commitment is based on MY lifestyle, MY income, MY ability and MY motivation. Please don't let YOUR standards measure MY actions.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You can't be bothered to log for accuracy and accountability, but you are somehow better than the people who take accountability and log the good with the bad.

It's a rare occassion when someone outs themselves for their own ignorance. Thank you for revealing yourself to us today. From here on out, I will be ignoring you. Why? Because I can't be bothered to read anymore of your BS! Have a lovely day!
  • amili045
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zps4b11c04f.png

shiiiiit that aspartame'll be the death of you
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zps4b11c04f.png

Ahahahaha!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Wow judgmental much? I'm not here to preach to people about what they should or should not eat, nor on how they should or should not exercise. This lifestyle change is VERY individual. What works for you probably won't work for everyone. And vice versa. You don't have to understand why I choose to eat real food, fast food when I feel like it or even why I indulge in alcohol. That's my job, my calories, my choice and my life. I have to do this every day for the rest of my life. So guess what? I'm going to do it my way BECAUSE it works for me. 50 lbs lost in 2012 already.

And if you're gonna go on about the health side of things then let me tell you that even at my heaviest I was exceptionally healthy with only a vitamin D deficiency. Can you say the same? The only story I know with any great certainty is my own. So I'm not going to judge others like you seem to be doing. At the end of the day it just ain't that important.

So to all the other posters, keep doing the awesome job you are doing and continue to have those fantastic successes. I love to read those success stories. And I love to prove people wrong. I can shed the pounds while eating "bad" foods. I've now understand and use portion control. And if I can I'll make my version of fast food at home. That way I can eat more if I choose to.
This discussion has been closed.