i dont get it

Options

Replies

• IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good for you for being perfect. Let me know how that's going for you in 5 years, OK?

I subscribe to the idea that you can have anything you want, in moderation. Yes, I still have bacon cheeseburgers. No, I don't have them every day. Or even every week or month. But if I really want one, then I'm going to have one.

Why are you so concerned about what others eat? Mind your own business.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    To much water can kill you,
    not enough water can kill you.
    to much food can kill you,
    not enough food can kill you,
    need to ban food and water it's dangerous to our health!! LOL...Just saying.... :glasses:
  • amili045
    Options
    Here it comes...

lol second message priceless!!!! as it certainly did
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I think I just saw someone jump into a galactic sized hornet's nest barefoot and butt nekkid
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    btw, i saw OP's picture, and this came to mind.

ear-lock-hipster.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Again, mental illness. And yes I've been evaluated an in treatment. So your saying I should just stop and go throw up? I appreciate your consern though but way to be. but excuse me while I go throw up then because it doesn't matter what I say all anyone is going to see is ED and diet coke.

I am going to make a serious suggestion here. If you have an ED, starting this type of thread and reading all the comments will not be good for you. Step away from your computer and make sure you get therapy.

Best advice I've read. I am an always recovering anorexic and bulimic and one thing I know for a fact is that seriously can distort the advice I can give someone. It sound like you have changed it into orthorexia. On top of that, as you don't keep your house in good order by quick adding calories (which I imagine you have the tendency to over estimate) and consuming said "poisons" this puts you in bad shape to make blanket statements about other people's choices. You'll only improve your situation if you focus on you, by focusing on everyone else you are exasperating your unhealthy relationship with food.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Finally the dieting problem has been resolved!!!

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    CONCLUSION:
    Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

ear-lock-hipster.jpg

:laugh:

DO IT
  • amili045
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

hopefully! or I'm up **** creek
  • amili045
    Options

ear-lock-hipster.jpg

:laugh:

DO IT

seconded!
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

I am not sure what you are calling a mental illness here. Is it the fact that you have an eating disorder or that people who eat things that they know are bad for them have an eating disorder? If it is the first, and your eating disorder has anything to do with excessive limitation of calories (such as anorexia or bulimia), I would like to enlighten you that many people who are obese also have eating disorders. Those eating disorders have led them to be overweight. Yes, they know that the quarter pounder with double cheese is wrong for them, but they are not able to stop themselves from eating it. Just like a person with anorexia can't stop themselves from not eating food.

If the mental illness is the second one, then you already have that concept. If you had the concept, then you wouldn't have started this thread, because you would have realized that people who eat like that do have a mental illness.

Since you asked the question, I will assume that you are referring to your eating disorder, totally ignoring the fact that others who eat in an unhealthy fashion, even when they know the food is not healthy for them, may have a mental illness as well.

Personally, you are naive to think only those who limit their calories excessively (bulimia and anorexia) are the only ones with mental illness that leads to an eating disorder. For me, I won't say that my bad eating habits are a mental illness. To me that would be making an excuse. It is the non-acceptance of responsibility for one's behavior, whether one is underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese. But to use that as your excuse without recognizing that other people may also have a mental illness that leads them to eat poorly shows how little you know about mental illness and dietary issues.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Again, mental illness. And yes I've been evaluated an in treatment. So your saying I should just stop and go throw up? I appreciate your consern though but way to be. but excuse me while I go throw up then because it doesn't matter what I say all anyone is going to see is ED and diet coke.

I am going to make a serious suggestion here. If you have an ED, starting this type of thread and reading all the comments will not be good for you. Step away from your computer and make sure you get therapy.

I have to agree with this. I don't want this to turn into a bullying thread. I think it's just hard because OP criticized every single member who doesn't eat clean and essentially told them "why bother." And the answer is because some progress is better than no progress.

OP - I think it's time you just focus on you and everyone else just focus on them. This thread is going to do more harm for you than good.
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not being mean or judgmental, but what I don't get, is how any professional would allow you to be apart of a social network like this that is focused on food & fitness when you have an ED? That seems the exact opposite of progress. We are all here for support, not to be judged for the personal choices we make like using Splenda or drinking Diet Coke for that matter. I only read the first couple pages and the last one. I'm somewhat new on here...but in my opinion...I think you need to rethink your reason for being here.

Some people could argue "bad" for you until the world ends. There's thousands of pages of research for a number of natural foods that could be considered bad. It's chemistry, biology, and a whole lot of other things the general public doesn't understand. For instance, did you know that when you heat Agave Nectar, and I mean pure 100% all natural certified organic Agave, when you heat it, there's a chemical reaction that turns that natural sugar into Fructose...(INSERT HUGE GASP HERE!) So, don't use it to sweeten up your HOT tea or cook with, or use it in your oats, you're doing yourself a dis-service. Or one could argue that fructose is fine in small quantities. Again, argue till you are blue in the face and there's hundred's more examples where you could argue back and forth about the benefits of all natural, organic, vegan, etc.

My point is, there's too much out there for any one person to know in order to be perfect. On top of that, there's the mental part of the game that even though we know something may be bad for us, we can't help but choose it over the alternative. You should understand this mental part more than anyone.
  • Patti2Good
    Patti2Good Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    if your that confused you need to see a nutritionist or get therapy . i mean most things we eat are not going to kill you if eating in moderation and that is what we all on here for is support and to help each other not judge . what you are trying to do or say is if i am getting this right you are eating right and we are not so we should all just give up cause we don't eat like you do all organic and natural well everything i put in my mouth is posted and most of the time it is over with i eat but i eat what i can afford to but . i can not say to any one don't use this or that unless i am going to supply there food for them then and only then do i have the right to say this is for dinner or lunch or whatever i think everyone on MFPis DOING A WONDERFUL JOB!!! kudos to all of you <3
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This was my thought......really? Everything will eventually kill you so not enjoy what you have today.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    24527061.jpg
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading after 'fluoride debate'

jlaw-okay.gif
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    cat2-2.gif

I can't stop watching this? Is this harmful to my health??

hahahaha omg there are so many funny people on here

Bahahaha! The more I watch it the funnier it gets!!

Oh and to the original poster....did you looking at everyone's eating habits and nit picking them apart help you to lose a pound or two? What it didn't? Well color me shocked!!!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go smoke some meth and eat a cheese burger.

Lol...nobody eats after doing that...they clean house, and bug you for cigarettes!

As I live in Southern California, I can attest that the last statement is true. Except today, one of them asked me for a hot dog AND a cigarette!!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hang on.... I got fat & unhealthy because I was eating splenda? News to me...cause I'd never had it beforehand. In fact I dont even have it now & I've lost a whole heap of weight.

Fluoride...well thats placed in the water here.....so not much choice unless I want to not drink water.... and considering that for 19 years I drank nothing but coke...it's not the fluoride that made me fat.... oh wait.... that would be the REGULAR sugar.

Your argument has no valid point. I eat what I want to eat... I even have coke zero...OMG... it's not real sugar.

I don't care.... as long as I'm not fat....can still workout...... then what I eat is really nobody's business is it?

Being in the sun is poison, you can die from that. Breathing air is as well.... think of everything IN the air.

Pot, kettle, black.
This discussion has been closed.