How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    At my gym the cardio machines face the road...I can literally be on the treadmill, watch people leave the gym and drive straight to Chipotle. It amazes me everytime. But then again maybe this is their one cheat for the week...maybe
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's so true.. I do go to fast food, but I pick up a salad from them.. I love the McDonald's southwest grilled chicken salad and Wendy's baja salad.. the half portion one.

I have a friend that worked out with me a few times and she wants to go to Friday's to get a burger afterwards... SMH, she's nuts!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the truth.

I think my results fully speak for themselves. You mean to tell me its better to replenish with sodium and saturated fats rather than a lean protein and healthy carb source? hmmmmm....

I didn't say one was any better than the other. I just said as long as you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals a Big Mac or a Whopper or whatever isn't going to hurt you. Yeah, your results are probably great since you're spouting the "one truth that is the only way" after being here 10 minutes but there are plenty of people who eat McD's on a regular who look great and are very healthy also.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My friend used to work at Red Robin and there was a gym right next to it. She said a group of girls would come there right after the gym, all sweaty and in their workout clothes, and just order bottomless fries after bottomless fries...... i don't understand how you could do that. I'd hate myself, lol.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I was looking for a gym to join, I purposefully ruled out the one near the Dairy Queen because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist.

Try this one: someone once was grousing that they needed to lose 50 pounds, and was hungry, but was drinking a beer. She'd rather drink her calories than have something substantial. UGH.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the truth.

I think my results fully speak for themselves. You mean to tell me its better to replenish with sodium and saturated fats rather than a lean protein and healthy carb source? hmmmmm....

I didn't say one was any better than the other. I just said as long as you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals a Big Mac or a Whopper or whatever isn't going to hurt you. Yeah, your results are probably great since you're spouting the "one truth that is the only way" after being here 10 minutes but there are plenty of people who eat McD's on a regular who look great and are very healthy also.

I suppose it would depend on what one is trying to achieve. But, i guess we will agree to disagree.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    well I wont go to McDonalds, Wendys or Burger King but if its FIve Guys.......
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.

Fat slowing down digestion is right - I'm on a low-fat and low-fibre diet for this reason for suspected Gastroparesis. Confirmation hospital appointment in 7 days.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Orthorexia. Look it up.

edit: And he eats at McDs, I gues he's a failure... lol:

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/08/13/the-michael-phelps-diet-dont-try-it-at-home/
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How many times have you seen people go to the gym and work their *kitten* off... only to stop at Wendy's or Mcdonald's after their workouts. Come on people, your body wants clean food! Or how many times have you heard "I'm not seeing any results" I ask what they had to eat for lunch and they say "I had to run to Arbys because I didn't bring my lunch."

You are what you eat! Sorry just venting a little lol.

well, I'm guess I'm McDonaldPizzaTacoBellKFC man.

Thanks for stopping by the site with all your help today. You'll be missed
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!

Zackly!!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg
  • HIITMe
    Options
    Yes. When I was looking for a gym to join, I purposefully ruled out the one near the Dairy Queen because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist.

Try this one: someone once was grousing that they needed to lose 50 pounds, and was hungry, but was drinking a beer. She'd rather drink her calories than have something substantial. UGH.

I, too, would rather drink my calories than eat food... Im not much of a "chewer".... so I drink a lot of protein drinks & "juices"...

Beer bleh.... cant stand the smell much less the taste
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    *Prepares for epic clean v. non-clean battle*

27575520.jpg

Literally LOLed.
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    maybe they went to Carl's Jr and got a grilled chicken sandwich, no sauce on wheat or a turkey burger w/ extra veggies.
    At least that's what I do and I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm not eating fries and a double double. The Carl's is in the same parking lot and sometimes I need something 'right then'.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was OK with this post until someone mentioned McRib. And then I got a little throwup in the back of my throat. :sick:
  • HIITMe
    Options
    You know what I don't get...the amount of threads lately of people criticizing what other people do or eat. Because they know it all.

Unless they are your clients who cares, worry about yourselves.

its the same EVERY January... threads about the newbies at the gym, threads about scam diets, scam eating plans and influx of Internet scholars who are experts in heath, weight lifting and all things exercise......

no worries, in March, like those who fall off the wagon or those who are here to sell snake oil ( usually their Personal training expertise or beachbody products) the board will ease back to normal....