How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

75% of what we think is correct right now is probably going to change. the other 25% is definitely wrong.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    There's an exceptionally annoying dude at my gym who brought in a bag from McDonalds TO THE GYM and proceeded to eat it there. The smell of the french fries was making it hard for me to finish my workout!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    smug.

it's the new humble.

RodgersSmug.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I get it, all of you that are freaking out arguing like to be over weight. thats fine. Just dont complain that you dont see results is all. If you want results get your diet in check and your water intake in check. that is all

I'm trying to figure out how I lost 90+ lbs but didn't see any progress. :huh:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    This is the thread that just keeps on giving.

Like Herpes
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, there's nothing better than a big, greasy meal and a tall, cold beer after riding 100 miles on my bike. OP, can you ride 100 miles? Oh that's not your goal? It was mine and I reached it without a restrictive diet.

Bacon cheeseburgers for everyone! :drinker:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I get it, all of you that are freaking out arguing like to be over weight. thats fine. Just dont complain that you dont see results is all. If you want results get your diet in check and your water intake in check. that is all

Yep - we are all overweight!!!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so perfect that you are able to judge everyone else's fitness habits because your way is the only way.

It's nobodys business but my own what I eat and it's none of my business what anyone else eats and the same goes for you. I can understand your frustration, though. When I had to follow a strict meal plan, I would get angry at people who were eating junk food and crap when I couldn't. But that was my problem, not theirs. And this is your issue, not theirs.

Unless someone has hired you to be their food coach and you personally know their full health history, daily diet, work out schedule, etc..., then it's none of your concern what they eat and you are not in any position to judge. FYI - I'm going to have cheesy tots from Burger King today. And given that I've lost 84 pounds, have low blood pressure, low cholesterol, average bodyfat percentage, have amazed my doctor with my success and am smaller than I was in high school, I think I'll be just fine.

We could be twins!!! :flowerforyou:

Quite honestly, there are days when I work out harder so that I CAN enjoy that meal at Five Guys/McD's/local pizza joint. The OP needs to get that barbell out of his *kitten* and face it -- this is real life. It isn't religion... there is no "one true way."

Whatevs, OP... best of luck to you. You're gonna need it.

AGREED^^^^^
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg

I will vouch for the the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a work out. At least that's what my now-husband and I went straight for after a week long backpacking trip (which is where he proposed). I don't think I would have been properly refueled after that trip if we'd stoped at a whole pizza and a few pints of stout a piece, though. I at least had to follow it up with a basket of fried smelt.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    Son, most of the people rebuking your claims are in peak physical condition.

Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.

peak physical condition? i think not, that would require eating healthy foods

Why do you care what others eat?!? Obviously you need glasses because you can't see how great the ones you are arguing with look. I would just shut up now if I were you (btw, I'm glad I'm not.)

I dont care what others eat, IM JUST SAYING DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU DONT SEE RESULTS IF YOU ARE GONNA EAT CRAP FOOD.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    cool story bro. tell it again.

ha
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    this thread needs some bacon . . .

True story.

TURKEY bacon will do just fine

oh NO you DIDNT~
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg

I will vouch for the the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a work out. At least that's what my now-husband and I went straight for after a week long backpacking trip (which is where he proposed). I don't think I would have been properly refueled after that trip if we'd stoped at a whole pizza and a few pints of stout a piece, though. I at least had to follow it up with a basket of fried smelt.

BOOM! Peer reviewed again!
  • bhopejones
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.

"science is your friend" coming from the person who just said "mmm McRib"????!??! no. sorry. it absolutely does not work that way. Science IS our friend. and 70+ ingredients, plus the stuff they use to make the foamy part of yoga mats, are included in the McRib. and that's okay to put in your body?! please! it's not JUST about calories and fat grams and protein! the ACTUAL food you put in your body absolutely DOES matter. you may be able to get the "same" results in terms of weight loss by merely sticking to a certain amount of calories/fat but that in NO way means that a 700 calorie McDonald's meal is equal to a meal of fresh steamed vegetables, a lean protein such as chicken or fish, and a handful of almonds!

I honestly never knew how ignorant some people were when it came to nutrition until I came to this site. I am constantly blown away.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    why are all of your friends women? does your partner get mad when you talk to other guys?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.

"science is your friend" coming from the person who just said "mmm McRib"????!??! no. sorry. it absolutely does not work that way. Science IS our friend. and 70+ ingredients, plus the stuff they use to make the foamy part of yoga mats, are included in the McRib. and that's okay to put in your body?! please! it's not JUST about calories and fat grams and protein! the ACTUAL food you put in your body absolutely DOES matter. you may be able to get the "same" results in terms of weight loss by merely sticking to a certain amount of calories/fat but that in NO way means that a 700 calorie McDonald's meal is equal to a meal of fresh steamed vegetables, a lean protein such as chicken or fish, and a handful of almonds!

I honestly never knew how ignorant some people were when it came to nutrition until I came to this site. I am constantly blown away.

mmmmmmm....yoga mats....
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I dont care what others eat, IM JUST SAYING DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU DONT SEE RESULTS IF YOU ARE GONNA EAT CRAP FOOD.

And what the majority here are saying is that they don't have to complain because they are seeing results while fitting "crap food" into their diets.

How fcking dense can you be?
  • kikiwarrior
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet, but for those of us who are just trying to get to a healthier place and give our bodies a break, I think the occasional burger or taco can be eaten without guilt. Notice I say "occasional." Not everyday (or even every other day) but once a week works into my calorie journal without a hitch.

And with most restaurants posting calories now (McDonalds has it on their menu boards) it's actually possible to make a healthy-ish choice. A McDonalds Egg McMuffin w/o ham is only around 250 calories and it sometimes fills the need for "CARBs!!" that my body shouts for on those cold, rainy early mornings at work. Their grilled chicken sandwich w/o sauce is fairly decent too.

And maybe some people set that as their reward for good work. Maybe, after losing those 5 lbs and a dress size that they've worked their *kitten* off (literally) for, they've set their sights on one Big Mac for their acheivement. We all have to have our personal carrots to follow in order to pull the cart.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Son, most of the people rebuking your claims are in peak physical condition.

Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.

peak physical condition? i think not, that would require eating healthy foods

Logical fallacy....heard of it?
  • ChristaToTheMax
    ChristaToTheMax Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!

^ This.

People really need to judge themselves and stop worrying about others. A lot more would be accomplished this way.