How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

Yah, refined, enriched carbs sure because they digest faster than whole grains.

WTF does that have to do with your "if you eat fast food you're fat and unhealthy" argument?

Obviously if you're exercising while eating junk food it doesn't count. It's when you eat the junk food AFTER the gym that it makes you fat.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    MAN those tattoos are gonna look dumb!

Thats a d!ck thing to say to someone...:huh:

Clicks on last post in thread, makes snap judgment.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

Yah, refined, enriched carbs sure because they digest faster than whole grains.

WTF does that have to do with your "if you eat fast food you're fat and unhealthy" argument?

because you guys are saying. oh look at michael phelps he eats pizza and he has results bla bla bla
  • Liz77bandsman
    Options
    This is the same as grabbing a pizza/takeout on weigh day! A very popular past time with slimming groups - usually the people who bounce around from one plan to another because it's not working for them! Makes you wonder why they bother - none of the consultants i met/lost weight with were particular fans of this!

I'm here because i have been eating too much and exercising too little letting life get in the way (accountancy exams, fighting to keep my job in a reorg, changing careers and family stuff - i know a whole list of excuses or is it just too much at once, all this has been topped off by giving up smoking (last june) and gaining a cracking appetite! Time to take back control)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    DIDNT REALIZE HOW SENSITIVE PEOPLE ON THESE KINDS OF SITES WERE.

I know!

it's like you lecture people who weren't asking for it and have been doing a fine job losing weight without your input and they get all steamed! GAWD!

Will Bodybuilding.com take you back? Or did they already make a pretty lady out of you?

take it easy old man. goodness :)

My money is on the 'old man' vs. you in a fight. Btw - his abs are much better than yours too.....

LOL who said anything about fighting? wow. And no they're not lol

Fixed it for ya. You're welcome.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Obviously if you're exercising while eating junk food it doesn't count. It's when you eat the junk food AFTER the gym that it makes you fat.

Thank you!! Finally something that makes sense!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

I've been waiting for you! :wink:
  • sjohnny
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

Where the fck have you been?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yinz are nice, but I'm man enough to admit the guy is in much better shape than me. Without question. Even if I weren't bulking I would never get down to 6%, wouldn't want to.

I'm just not a **** is all.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My money is on the 'old man' vs. you in a fight. Btw - his abs are much better than yours too.....

LOL who said anything about fighting? wow. And no their not lol

their - should be they're
    I've seen his abs. Have you?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

Where the fck have you been?

SRSLY
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

I've been waiting for you! :wink:

I was eating all-you-can-eat sushi post workout. Don't worry though, I made doubly sure that they washed the rice so it was clean.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it assuming it fits their macros and calories and does not mean that the rest of their diet it nutrient deficient as a result. I see people on my FL eating that all the time - they still get results.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/excluding-the-middle.html

I am going to quote my own post in the vain attempt to encourage the OP to actually read.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I worked with a guy who moonlighted as a trainer. He was actually the office physical therapist for repetitive injuries, and he helped me a lot with that and with getting in shape. Wish I would have stuck with it. Anyway, he was in incredible shape but he told me that if he couldn't occasionally have a hamburger or pizza or beer ... or whatever it was he wanted, he would lose his mind. He would say to me, "what's the point of working out for an hour and a half to two hours a day and then eating fish or chicken every night?"

I think that's the right attitude to have, actually ... why NOT enjoy whatever you want every once in a while? It's when you make it a habit that it backfires on you.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Real people eat junk sometimes :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

Well hello there, and welcome to the part-ay. 2 down, 1 to go . . . where is the donut master?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it assuming it fits their macros and calories and does not mean that the rest of their diet it nutrient deficient as a result. I see people on my FL eating that all the time - they still get results.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/excluding-the-middle.html

I am going to quote my own post in the vain attempt to encourage the OP to actually read.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

ITT, OP washes his food.