Over 200 New Year New Me Part 14

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    LilDebbie - first of all HAPPY HAPPY BIRFINDAY (today or tomorrow?) and secondly, my friend in high school only had three little spots when she had shingles. I think you tend to see photos of the more typical cases but there is a lot of variation.

Jess - HAPPY HAPPY BIRFINDAY!!!!

My husband's 70th birthday is tomorrow- we're having a get-together at the farm so I won't be back online until Sunday or Monday!

That's right... I'm married to a 70 year old. I think if I keep repeating it I'll believe it eventually :tongue:

Momma - I think your little guy will do great. Some of us are a little delayed but that's OK! It takes all sorts of people to make this world go round and he knows he's loved by the people who matter most to him!

To my horsey friends - my jog is definitely "Western Pleasure" although I can do a lap (1/6 of a mile) at a nice "English Pleasure" pace :happy: This weekend I'm going to try jogging on *gasp* HILLS!:bigsmile:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i hear it is really painful and i am not in that much pain...i guess it is not real reassuring when the two doctors said "i think " it is shingles not saying yep that is definitely what it is...

my birthday is actually on sunday.

I am soo not feeling like working today..i am in here stalking here, looking at pictures of shingles and trying to figure out my fat/carb/protien ratio and if i need to change it...i guess i better go work some before the end of the day.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm jumping in with my info, let me know if I'm doing this incorrectly!

Last week: 211.0
    This week: 207.0
    Loss: 4
    Percentage: 1.89%

mstahl.................................0.0%
    Jess....................................0.0%
    lildebbie..............................0.0%
    cris20056...........................0.0%
    bluenote............................-2.0% .47%
    jenn....................................-3 = 1.2
    Littlespy/jlb.......................-2.0% = .97%
    snowflakes.......................-1.2%= .65%
    momma............................-3.8%= 1.45%
    cogril...................................0.0%
    meokk.................................0.0%
    Pos_me..............................0.0%
    hajohnson24.....................0.0%
    mari....................................-0.4 = 0.17%
    awestfall............................-4.0=1.76%
    jesyka................................-2.2=1.03%
    elmox.................................-4.0=1.89%

I am very OK with not being allowed to win on my first day (which I realizes sounds crazy presumptious!). That seems a tad unfair to all of you who have rocked it this past week. :blushing:

Thanks for the VERY warm welcome. You all seem like a fantastic group of women!!
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I am in desperate need of support on this whole weight loss journey. I started working out with a personal trainer last october & have not gotten the eating thing really under control yet...I work out 3 days a week with my trainer for an hour & manage to get in another 1 hour on the weekends. My trainer has provided me with a food plan of about 1200-1400 calories per day. My thing is that i will stick to the meal plan for a week or so & then get frustrated. My trainer does my measurements every month & I consistently lose inches everywhere except my waist & that is what gets me so bummed out & then I fall off the wagon. My next weigh-in & measurement day is April 27th...I am trying to finally break out of the 220 range by then.
    SW (Oct 2009) 230
    CW 223
    mini GW August 2010 - new school year starts (I am a teacher) - 190 - will settle for anything under 200 :-)

I will set new goals once I hit that one :-)
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi All!

I am in desperate need of support on this whole weight loss journey. I started working out with a personal trainer last october & have not gotten the eating thing really under control yet...I work out 3 days a week with my trainer for an hour & manage to get in another 1 hour on the weekends. My trainer has provided me with a food plan of about 1200-1400 calories per day. My thing is that i will stick to the meal plan for a week or so & then get frustrated. My trainer does my measurements every month & I consistently lose inches everywhere except my waist & that is what gets me so bummed out & then I fall off the wagon. My next weigh-in & measurement day is April 27th...I am trying to finally break out of the 220 range by then.
    SW (Oct 2009) 230
    CW 223
    mini GW August 2010 - new school year starts (I am a teacher) - 190 - will settle for anything under 200 :-)

I will set new goals once I hit that one :-)

Welcome, we have plenty of room. Good job on the inches lost. I know if you stick to the plan things will start moving
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    OK, I'm jumping in with my info, let me know if I'm doing this incorrectly!

Last week: 211.0
    This week: 207.0
    Loss: 4
    Percentage: 1.89%

mstahl.................................0.0%
    Jess....................................0.0%
    lildebbie..............................0.0%
    cris20056...........................0.0%
    bluenote............................-2.0% .47%
    jenn....................................-3 = 1.2
    Littlespy/jlb.......................-2.0% = .97%
    snowflakes.......................-1.2%= .65%
    momma............................-3.8%= 1.45%
    cogril...................................0.0%
    meokk.................................0.0%
    Pos_me..............................0.0%
    hajohnson24.....................0.0%
    mari....................................-0.4 = 0.17%
    awestfall............................-4.0=1.76%
    jesyka................................-2.2=1.03%
    elmox.................................-4.0=1.89%

I am very OK with not being allowed to win on my first day (which I realizes sounds crazy presumptious!). That seems a tad unfair to all of you who have rocked it this past week. :blushing:

Thanks for the VERY warm welcome. You all seem like a fantastic group of women!!

Hey if you are part of our group then you participate. I say congrats on biggest loser this week Because I think everyone has weighed in.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Welcome elmox and kdubmommy! This is the best thread this side of the Mississippi. :wink: And depending where you live, it could very well be the best thread on the other side, too! :laugh: And if you're from Canada, think Hudson Bay. :tongue:

Congrats to all who posted! We are getting there together! :heart:

momma - remember that MANY children miss a LOT on that pre-entrance survey. Your boy is definitely NOT alone! :flowerforyou:
    I do love what your principal said - a "clean slate" - what a wonderful way to look at any child going into school for the first time!
    mstahl - I LOVE that your hubby is 70. You two were meant for each other! :heart: +:heart:

Well, my teaching colleagues were thrilled with the 70 pound weight loss news. :blushing: They made me feel good all day at school today, which made up totally for the crappy day I had on Wednesday with the berserk 4th graders and the toxic chemical poisoning the air. :indifferent:

check in:
    cals: great
    water: 90
    exercise: 40+10 bike, PT exercises, arms
    proud: that I made -70 today. :noway: But I must warn you all that -75 is usually where I stop and turn around. I don't know why, but if I look back at other weight loss adventures, I never seem to get past -75. OK I am freaking myself out. :huh: I will do it! I will do it!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new gals! This really is a great group, very supportive, caring and honest.

checking in -
    calories - a little under
    exercise - got a 20 min walk in, but I am heading to the gym in a little bit. Aiming for 30 mins
    water - 3 L
    proud - I am still able to move after kicking my butt in the gym yesterday...and I am going back for more.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new gals! Life has been extremely hectic that past couple of days. Looking forward to a weekend at home. Thanks for the compliments on the size 14's but it is only a couple of pairs. In browsing through the posts if I remember right Jess you asked about a good brand of scales. We bought a digital TANITA found on the internet, it was highly recommended on a post here on MFP. It has amazingly consistent and it is accurate with the Dr's. scale.

Great job ladies, I'm in awe of more big losses this week. Fantastic.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    KDubMommy (sorry if I got it wrong!) welcome! We love having new people join in our group! Just so you're forwarned AWestfal usually starts a fresh thread every week so if it seems like this one goes quiet go to her last post and you'll find a link to the new thread!

I'm doing well today with a few minor exceptions! I passed by the cheese cake left over from last night, but I did dip a chocolate cookie into the strawberry topping :ohwell:

I snuck back on the PC before we leave for the farm - DH is loading the car now. Mrs. Figg is making "phweep" noises like a little 5 lb puppy - fussing about being left behind (she won't be left behind!). I stopped on the way home to pick up wine and beer for the weekend and got the wrong beer (oh dear!). I got the right wine though :wink: Poor birthday boy!

It's sooo windy here! I wanted to cover my basil before we leave but I don't know how to get the little baggies over them to stay put! I'll just cross my fingers that it won't frost. The other herbs should be fine.

I vote that if Lorren (sp?) wins this week she wins! We'll just all call it beginners luck :wink:

I miss you guys already! Have a fabulous weekend!!!!!!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Welcome to elmox and kdubmommy. This is the best group on MFP!!!!!

So, I decided today to change up my MFP goal to 1lb per week which puts me at 1450 cals per day. I'm going to try it for 1 week to see if eating more is really what I need to do. If it doesn't work I'll go back to 1200 and up the exercise. Notice I'm not trying the up the exercise option 1st :bigsmile: :noway:
    I loathe exercising....if there were a way to do it in my sleep, I'd sign up. I do love sports but it's so difficult as an adult to get involved in any.

So, if anyone thinks this is a really BAD idea, please tell me now!! Thanks

Check in for today:
    Water 100oz
    Calories just barely under my exercise cals as we decided to be bad and go out for burgers this evening
    Exercise - 50 mins walking, 4 mins of sit ups
    proud that I have come as far as I have and I'm determined see it through to the end
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    OMG !!!!!!!
    I just did 210 sit ups in a row. I planned to do 4 mins and I felt strong so I just kept going !!!!!
  • elmox
    Options
    Hey if you are part of our group then you participate. I say congrats on biggest loser this week Because I think everyone has weighed in.

Well yeah me!!

Challenge for the week: Try a new exercise you haven't done. Maybe this is a machine at the gym that scares you, a new workout video, adding more time to something you already do (if like me you only run for 2 min at a time, push yourself to 3 min!).
  • elmox
    Options
    And my check-in for the day:

Calories: Under (still get to have snack/dessert!)
    Water: 72 oz.
    Exercise: 28 min of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - Level 2, Day 1 at Level 2, Day 11 total = 278 cals
    Proud: I did Level 2 on the Shred. That was a HARD workout, but I sweated my way through!

Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for me. Celebrating a friend's birthday (I'm making the cake and trying for a lower-cal version, using applesauce and oil instead of all oil) in the afternoon, then out for dinner at one of Mario Batali's restaurants. There are a lot of great veggie antipasti that I'll try to focus and fill up on and then will split an entree or have them put 1/2 of it away at the beginning. There will also be wine, so while I'm not going to be a teetolater, I will try to limit my intake to a glass (or 2...:wink: ) Planning on a great workout tomorrow, with at least 45 min of cardio at the gym and then Day 2 at Level 2 of the Shred.

meook: WOW on the sit-ups. That is AMAZING!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe on one of the forums for cake made with diet coke its basically just the cake mix n the soda it's supposed to be good and low in cals. I haven't tried it yet but a ton of people on mfp swear by it.

Checking in 4/16
    calories under
    water yes
    sodium 2000
    excercise gona try sit ups later
    proud I didn't eat of boredom and I'm pmsy too so I'm really craving junk

k I'm typing from my phone sorry for the typos

gnite
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Challenge for the week: Try a new exercise you haven't done. Maybe this is a machine at the gym that scares you, a new workout video, adding more time to something you already do (if like me you only run for 2 min at a time, push yourself to 3 min!).

Does sleeping count as exercise? I haven't tried that in a LONG time! :laugh:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    still at 210.4 this morning, ugh I long how long this will last
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have missed A LOT in 1 day! Y'all are busy busy ladies! I survived my birthday! I might have a slight headache this morning! LOL But I am down a pound from yesterday! Maybe the drinking did me some good!! LOL Hope everybody has a great day!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks!! I'm sure you will love this group of AWESOME ladies as much as I do!! I can honestly say my success is in HUGE part due to them! I honestly would have never gotten this far this fast without this website and this amazing group of women.

Mstahl - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your husband! My aunt is errr... 61? And my uncle is 83 or 84. My gramma will only be 86 next month. :wink: My uncle is VP of a large company & still works full time & everything. Not because he has to, but because he wants to!

Today's my brother's birthday, too! He's 31. And can I just say I can't believe I have a brother who is 31... :laugh: Because if he's 31... that means I'll be 26 soon. :noway: I know you'll all laugh at me, but I can't believe I'm so old. :laugh:

I went out with my ex coworkers last night. Everyone complimented me (except the guy of course). It's funny when my bf was asking who all I was meeting the very first name he said was "PAUL" in a funny way. I thought he was going to continue to list names, but no... he stopped after "PAUL." :laugh: So I was like "yes, Paul, AND...." and listed the rest (who are all women). :laugh: Silly boy. It's funny when we all go out because people look at us strangely since we're such a diverse group of people to be such good friends. Working under such horribly incompetent management can really push a group of people together to form lifelong friendships. :laugh: I had planned on 2 pints of beer but I had 3 of course. :embarassed:

Gotta jump in the shower now. I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me so I can give my brother a hard time about being so old person. :wink:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get to wear my super cute dress.:sad: Its pretty rainy and muggy here today so the bday party was canceled. That's okay. I partied a little hard last night! :smile: Another time! Hope everybody is having a great weekend!