Replies

• angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    err nothing to see here. :huh:
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My new favorite make-up secret is using monistat chafing gel as a foundation primer. Its the EXACT same thing as smashbox's photo finish primer for like five dollars!!! Seriously! Once upon a time when I wasn't poor I bought smashbox's and loved it and so I knew what to look for when I bought the monistat stuff. Its amazing and I wish I knew about it years ago!!
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't wear much makeup, but you wouldn't know that from how much I have! This isn't makeup, but I've had great results using Clinique's Dark Spot Corrector. After Christmas I bought a Nars lip gloss in Rouge Tribal, very pretty! Bare Escentuals has come out with a compact mineral makeup that I really like. I think it's easier to apply and the coverage is great. A little goes a long way!
  • Amatambi
    Options
    I also have and love UD's Naked pallet. I also have this pallet from Beauty Gems that has 98 eye shadows and they are surprisingly good quality!!

I use Urban Decay Primer Potion for my eyelids and then Cover Girl Exact Eyelights for my mascara.
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love my Mary Kay! Yes, I am a consultant, but I became one because when I tried it, it made my face feel great! I do like the makeup, but I wish there were more eye colors. The mascara is awesome too! I actually don't wear a ton of makeup, but like the idea of having the time to do it! lol oh well, that's what happens sometimes!
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to decide which make-up I really like. I have been experimenting with various brands and probably haven't found all favorites yet due to the fact that I haven't dabbled much in the more expensive, probably higher quality products.

So far, I know that I enjoy Maybelline's Ultra Liner Waterproof Liquid Liner in black. It is perfect for the daily wing/cat eye look that I do with my eyeliner.

Other than that, I also enjoy my covergirl blush. It adds the perfect rosy color to my cheeks when needed :).

Foundation/coverup is a whole different story. My primary issue is finding something that doesn't go on cakey, oily, or too powdery. I like something that looks seamless and natural but not matte. I prefer to maintain a natural complexion as much as possible. I have used some really great foundations that provide a matte look, but that's not what I typically go for. If anyone has any suggestions for foundations that provide a really natural not greasy/cakey look--please, suggest them! :) It would be appreciated.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Foundation/coverup is a whole different story. My primary issue is finding something that doesn't go on cakey, oily, or too powdery. I like something that looks seamless and natural but not matte. I prefer to maintain a natural complexion as much as possible. I have used some really great foundations that provide a matte look, but that's not what I typically go for. If anyone has any suggestions for foundations that provide a really natural not greasy/cakey look--please, suggest them! :) It would be appreciated.

Try Bare Minerals, either the original or the new compact style. Really worth the cash!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Urban Decay Primer potion. I have the oiliest eyelids you could possibly think of. This saved my life.

Also, MAC studio finish concealer. AMAZING!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to decide which make-up I really like. I have been experimenting with various brands and probably haven't found all favorites yet due to the fact that I haven't dabbled much in the more expensive, probably higher quality products.

So far, I know that I enjoy Maybelline's Ultra Liner Waterproof Liquid Liner in black. It is perfect for the daily wing/cat eye look that I do with my eyeliner.

Other than that, I also enjoy my covergirl blush. It adds the perfect rosy color to my cheeks when needed :).

Since you like drug store quality make up ( Im assuming for the price ) you should check out Revlon Naked Foundation. A lot of people are comparing it to Urban Decay Nearly Naked for a fraction of the cost.
  • Has anyone ever tried Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar? I've been hearing a lot about OCC lately, especially the lip tars, and I think I might want to try it, and if anyone here has tried it, I'd love to hear your thoughts before I shell out a whole $16 :)

Also -- I need to buy some new brushes BADLY. But there are so many to choose from and I don't want to end up spending a bunch of money and not loving what I get, so! What are your favourite brushes?
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definately!!!

My favorite brands just now are urban decay (love the pore perfector, hello flawless foundation and they're real mascara)

Also love MAC...personally i think its THE BEST brand out there!!

Just getting into smashbox cosmetics...their bronzer and lip gloss are fab!!

Guerlain is great when i fancy spending a lot!!

I am most certainly a make up junkie!! xx
  • ma_oeuvre
    ma_oeuvre Posts: 123
    Options
    original naked pallet. im obsessed!

im also a fan of too faced and urban decay. I just wish my wallet were a fan of these products :)

That pallet is the BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT. Not really into make up so much, but this truly was a fantastic buy!
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    Okay I do usually use liquid liner--but gel? What brand and where?? I feel like I've never heard of this. I'm a gel liner virgin.

Try maybelline to start, it's decent, relatively cheap and the brush it comes with is ok. I find gel so much easier than liquid, I'd never go back,
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Love make up, I use Max Factor foundation and powders, nail varnishes and mascara but in the UK we have a very cheap brand called MUA and their eyeshadows are amazing!! I use their eyeliners and lip glosses too :) I love experimenting with different colours and looks :)
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    MAC all the way best thing for my olive skin tone!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Also -- I need to buy some new brushes BADLY. But there are so many to choose from and I don't want to end up spending a bunch of money and not loving what I get, so! What are your favourite brushes?

EcoTools. Super soft, super cheap, super long lasting.

Available on Amazon!
  • ejensen86
    Options
    Love mac, urban decay, Naked Palatte, and Laura Mercier
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    yay for makeup junkies! all about the naked2 palette. also mac and too faced shadows, and nars foundation/blush are some of my go to products!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I just went online and ordered Naked2 and Smashbox photo finsh primer from Sephora. My name is Patti, and I'm a makeup junkie.

So, these came in and I love them. And then I went and bought Mac foundation and Studio Fix, too.
  • hlfunnell
    hlfunnell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love make up but I'm so bad at doing it so it's always quite minimal! Can never draw liquid eyeliner on without stabbing myself in the eye. I tend to buy L'oreal for eyeshadow and lipstick, currently searching for a good foundation.

Anyone know any good hair care products both for hair that goes greasy quick and split ends?