4th of July Challenge!! Please join me!

Options

Replies

• tyandgil01
    tyandgil01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm so in..maybe this will be what I need.

My major goal is to lose 20 pounds by then
    Be able to run on the trail with my boys
    Run/walk some kind of benefit race, just for fun.
  • earlie
    earlie Posts: 22
    Options
    I am so in too :smile:
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this 4th July challenge.

My goals are:
    1. To record food and exercise every day on MFP
    2. To exercise every day - either walking, cycling or swimming
    3. To lose at least another 14lbs
    4. To increase my energy and fitness levels significantly

:smile:
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is my first challenge!! I am taking a group of kids to see the Atlanta Braves play so my goal is to be able to sit in the seats comfortably!!

Goals:
    -Lose atleast 20lbs!!
    -Get back on track with eating right
    (my cousins kids are down for spring break so my routine is ALL messed up this week!)
    -Keep track of my water intake
    ( i know it's less than it should be, but idk by how much..all i drink is water but i forget how many glasses i drink in a day)
    -Stop eating by 10pm
    ( I stay up late and get up late so my cut off time if different than normal)

My fiance should be home for leave(I HOPE!!!!) so I want to show him my progress!!! He said I look slimmer than the last time he saw me...but idk! It was over a month ago!

BTW Idk my weight right now..i'll weigh in when i wake up tomorrow so i'll post it then :)

Good luck to all of you!
    Manda B!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything special that concides with July 4th but I had already been thinking about something I wanted to accomplish so that will be my July 4th goal.

1. By July 4th I want to be able to wear 2 pairs of capri jeans I've been saving. I haven't worn them in about 6 yrs I think. lol I think they are size 14's. I wanted to be able to wear them sometime well before summer is over. That would be 2 pants sizes so maybe I can do it.
    2. Continue logging my food and exercise every day on MFP.
    3. Stay within my 1200 calorie range and keep my carbs fairly low for my blood glucose readings.
    4. Walk / Exercise at least 15 miles or 4 1/2 hours per week.

• SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm in!

My goals:
    1. To lose 20 lbs by July 4th (that will put me under 200 ~ haven't been that light in over 20 years)
    2. Exercise 5 days a week
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    4. Log everything I eat everyday
    5. Stop the negative talk to myself and to enjoy the journey, not just look forward to the destination!
  • sandara
    Options
    I don't have anything special that concides with July 4th but I had already been thinking about something I wanted to accomplish so that will be my July 4th goal.

1. By July 4th I want to be able to wear 2 pairs of capri jeans I've been saving. I haven't worn them in about 6 yrs I think. lol I think they are size 14's. I wanted to be able to wear them sometime well before summer is over. That would be 2 pants sizes so maybe I can do it.
    2. Continue logging my food and exercise every day on MFP.
    3. Stay within my 1200 calorie range and keep my carbs fairly low for my blood glucose readings.
    4. Walk / Exercise at least 15 miles or 4 1/2 hours per week.

I forgot to put my info:

Starting weight: 211
    Current weight: 191
    Goal weight: 150
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Count me in is as well, I'd like to be down at least 10lbs. And a little side goal I have is to do a push up (a man push up) Lol!:bigsmile:

Current weight~145
    Goal weight for July 4th~135
    Actual goal~123
  • wyckedoll
    wyckedoll Posts: 10
    Options
    ~~BUMP~~
  • smylez
    smylez Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in. I would like to lose 25 pounds by then. My goal is to drink 64oz of water per day. Stay under my calorie intake and exercise 4-6 times per week.
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    WOOOO--HOOOOOO!! This group is building up fast! :drinker:

I hope you are all well this morning :flowerforyou: :smile: It's another bright and sunny day in Athens, Greece and I wish hubby didn't have to work so we could go out and gather some sun.

I underdid it yesterday. I forgot to eat dinner and by the time my stomach reminded me, it was too late for a meal so I just ate a Greek yoghurt. As a result, my day logged in at only about 600 calories. I'll try not to overdo it today to make up for what I missed yesterday, cause that's the first step down a road I've travelled many times: the road to regain! :noway:

My physiotherapy machine broke down yesterday and now I have to call the Company to fix it. That may take a while because they are slow, and it means that I can forget even that little bit of exercise I could do in the meantime. :sad:

Well, have a great day everyone! Drink all your water, stay away from the bad foods and work to achieve your goals!

Amalia
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i weighed in this morning right when I woke up...according to my wii fit I've lost 3lbs...so my starting weight it 232!
  • wyckedoll
    wyckedoll Posts: 10
    Options
    *Bump*
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    i weighed in this morning right when I woke up...according to my wii fit I've lost 3lbs...so my starting weight it 232!

Yipeeee!! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • watermelon854
    Options
    I'm in!

I'd like to be on or near my target weight by then, and I'd like to be running 5k regularly.

I also intend to:
    - Drink no more than twice a week
    - Go over my daily calories no more than once a week
    - Stop snacking after 8pm
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day
    - Eat at least five pieces of fruit or veg per day

I'm in too! Great plan, by the way!

SW: 160 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs
  • bfara
    bfara Posts: 5
    Options
    hello everyone, i am craving sweets all day today . I am trying to control this craving if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I walk for 30 today, I start my water intake now to get at least 64 oz and I will do yoga
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am in. My goal is to be 153 by July 4th starting today at 163.8

I also plan on being able to run for 30 minutes solid by then.
  • sandara
    Options
    Got my 30 minutes in today! Yay! It's hard to believe but I sometimes have trouble gettin in my regular calorie and hardly ever make it into my exercise calories. I'm gonna try to work on that. I just never seem to have time for a snack at work and after I've had my lunch I'm just not hungry. I need to work on higher calorie lunches I guess. I'm experimenting with some protein bars for breakfast as I've never been a big breakfast eater. Any Protein bar suggestions would be welcome! :smile:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am soooo in! Thanks for posting this great challenge.:flowerforyou:

My goals:
    Stay under calorie goal 6/7 days.
    45 minutes of exercise/4 X week
    Log every calorie that passes my lips
    Drink more water!:drinker:

Hopefully by meeting these goals I will be getting healthier and more fit which is my ultimate goal!!! Have a foot surgery on June 25 so my exercise will really slow down at the end of summer. I want to be in the best shape I can prior to that surgery. Let's do it! :smooched:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am in I willpost my goals latter when I am at my computer not my phone it is way easyer to type then.