Why the F...!!! Things you seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I've really seen that's made me go WTF.. was the guy who chose the treadmill next to mine in a room where there were 5 other treadmills and NO ONE ELSE in there.. and started running... and then took off his shirt.

Not really sure if he was trying to impress me - There were plenty of other prettier, thinner, single women to choose from.. but yeah, it was something special.

This one doesn't usually bug me too much...especially if they are willing to race. Yep that's me, the one staring at your screen even if you don't care that we are racing. We most certainly are!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I've really seen that's made me go WTF.. was the guy who chose the treadmill next to mine in a room where there were 5 other treadmills and NO ONE ELSE in there.. and started running... and then took off his shirt.

Not really sure if he was trying to impress me - There were plenty of other prettier, thinner, single women to choose from.. but yeah, it was something special.

This one doesn't usually bug me too much...especially if they are willing to race. Yep that's me, the one staring at your screen even if you don't care that we are racing. We most certainly are!
    Oh I race... but shirt off?
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    don't know about things I have seen at the gym but overheard 2 women in the changing rooms:

they were talking about the body pump class they went to and it went something like this:

"I've not to go to body pump as my personal trainer has me on a 10 week weight loss programme, so I am not allowed to do any weights."

I tried to tune out the rest as they went on to say about "yeah weights can make you bulky"

there were two personal trainers in the gym that morning and I think I have sussed out which one it is - mental note not to ever seek his services lol
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Guy in underwear doing squats.

Ha! I once walked into one of the rooms where they hold group classes, when it was empty, and there was a guy stripped down to his whitey tighties flexing in the mirrored walls. I ran out very quickly and very quietly.

He was posing. If he is a bodybuilder, particularly a competitive bodybuilder its pretty normal and expected to do what you described.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I work for Chanel & part of my grooming guidelines is I must wear a full face of make up to work & I go the gym after.
    I have no problem going make up free but it's part of my job so don't be so quick to judge :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Oh I race... but shirt off?

Eh...I don't care who you are or what you are wearing...it is on like donkey kong if you get on the treadmill next to me. I have actually thanked people for the race before if they pushed my limits even if it was not knowingly.
  • samuel248
    Options
    LMAO
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    An old lady in the locker room was walking around naked letting the girls hang low and all. the only thing she was wearing is a towel on her wet hair. Then she used the hairdryer to dry her pubes!!!! :noway: :sick: :noway: :sick:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I saw someone doing kettlebell swings and snatches with both good form, and a suitable weight selection.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    A chick on the elliptical....in a maxi dress.
  • SHAUNA71904
    Options
    ahhh :( I head to the gym right after work and my hair is still curly and my makeup is still on! haha people probably think this about me! haha
  • CarriC03
    Options
    I always apply makeup before I go out into public or playing sports and working out. Its just something I have always done. So that judgement you made is completely dumb. I go there to do my workout or play my sports, I don't go there to get men!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was in the weights area when this man sat down on the lat pull down machine. He put it on its highest weight then stood up. He was quite short and lean and when he reached up to pull the bar down it was going nowhere. He lifted his feet up of the floor and then pulled his knees up to his waist and then the bar began to come down. He pulled it right down to his stomach then let it go with a bang. he repeated the whole thing 4 times with accompanying moans and grunts before walking off shaking his arms and shoulders as he walked.

I was so impressed !!!!
  • Debbs83
    Debbs83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    don't know about things I have seen at the gym but overheard 2 women in the changing rooms:

they were talking about the body pump class they went to and it went something like this:

"I've not to go to body pump as my personal trainer has me on a 10 week weight loss programme, so I am not allowed to do any weights."

I tried to tune out the rest as they went on to say about "yeah weights can make you bulky"

there were two personal trainers in the gym that morning and I think I have sussed out which one it is - mental note not to ever seek his services lol

I would start looking for a different gym! I am lucky because my gym centers around athletes and weight lifting - and it's affordable too. Anyway, I'm glad you knew it was bs!
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    Not so much what I've seen in the actual gym but oh what I've seen in the ladies locker room is horrific.....why do some women insist on having full conversations with each other naked?

One woman needed to get to her locker which was above mine (and she was short) so she proceeded to say excuse me when I was bent over fixing my shoes and when I looked up she had climbed on the bench and her privates were directly in my face...SERIOUSLY I did not need to know you invested in Brazilian waxes..UGH
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Girls who come to the gym with their hair all done up and their makeup caked on. Are you here to get in shape or for a photoshoot?

Unless you actually know them you're judgement is baseless. Not everyone has time to change before going to the gym. They could be coming from work, meetings etc where they needed/wanted to look good.

And even if they are dressing up just for the gym, who cares? If it makes them feel better about themselves what harm. It's not affecting anyone but themselves.

This doesn't bother me per say but I do kind of roll my eyes a bit when they do this and aren't working out hard enough to even break a sweat and spend half the time standing around talking/texting

^^This is what drives me crazy. Especially since my gym has a very small weight area. I sometimes feel like I have to climb around the loafers. The makeup thing does not bother me. I am usually wearing makeup because I always workout after I get off of work.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    An old lady in the locker room was walking around naked letting the girls hang low and all. the only thing she was wearing is a towel on her wet hair. Then she used the hairdryer to dry her pubes!!!! :noway: :sick: :noway: :sick:
    Lol, we have one of those. She showers with the curtain wide open, and then walks around for the next 45 minutes with the towel in her hair and nothing else. I think it's some kind of exhibitionist thing.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The guy who reached down his shorts, readjusted his junk (no big deal so far - not, you know, awesome, but no big deal) and then SNIFFED HIS FINGERS before walking off to another machine.

OMG. Gross. Grosser than gross.

Ew.

Ugh. I'm not too easily icked out but that would turn my tummy a tad bit.
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    Just before xmas Santa came in to work out. It was an elderly round man who got on the exercise bike for the better part of an hour. He was in full santa gear, hat and everything.

that is beyond awesome
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking I don't pay attention to anyone around me. The ears go in, the music gets turned up and I am in my own world. But there are two things:

1. The gym provides sweat towels, disposable towels and spray bottles. Why can't people use them? I don't care how "ripped" you are. Laying in a pool of your sweat is not going to improve my workout and I am not here to clean up after you!

2. Once again "Mr. Big Ripped Guy" I'm glad you had a great work out but the mirrors over the sinks in the locker room are not a great place for you to stand and admire how "ripped you are." Please move you're *kitten* out of the way becasue the rest of us really need to finish and get to work.
This discussion has been closed.