Why the F...!!! Things you seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I've really seen that's made me go WTF.. was the guy who chose the treadmill next to mine in a room where there were 5 other treadmills and NO ONE ELSE in there.. and started running... and then took off his shirt.

Not really sure if he was trying to impress me - There were plenty of other prettier, thinner, single women to choose from.. but yeah, it was something special.

i will NEVER understand why people do this. it's like when there's an essentially empty bus and someone has to sit right in front of you, right behind you or next to you. **** OFF!!!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    don't know about things I have seen at the gym but overheard 2 women in the changing rooms:

they were talking about the body pump class they went to and it went something like this:

"I've not to go to body pump as my personal trainer has me on a 10 week weight loss programme, so I am not allowed to do any weights."

I tried to tune out the rest as they went on to say about "yeah weights can make you bulky"

there were two personal trainers in the gym that morning and I think I have sussed out which one it is - mental note not to ever seek his services lol

I would start looking for a different gym! I am lucky because my gym centers around athletes and weight lifting - and it's affordable too. Anyway, I'm glad you knew it was bs!

actually it is worse as I was not meaning a general gym trainer that provides that information and the programme comes as part of the gym membership - this was an external personal trainer that would be paid several hundred pounds for the privilege of his tuition.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    These are hilarious! I'm starting to consider a gym membership if for no reason other than entertainment purposes!
    *note to self: bring disinfecting wipes*
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The older guy that pooped his pants on the elliptical and kept pacing back and forth in front of it, wondering what to do...

lol, WHAT?!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The guy who does these like... Upside down tricep dips on the dip bar at my gym. It's kind of amazing but wtf?

The girl who came in the other day, ellipticaled for literally 5 minutes and spent an hour chatting to the dude bros on the weight floor. Obvious c0ck trawler is obvious

I will now start using the word "c0ck trawler" at every chance I get! That's an awesome phrase!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I saw someone doing kettlebell swings and snatches with both good form, and a suitable weight selection.

I refuse to believe that...
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Guy in underwear doing squats.

Yikes...
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The guy munching on chocolate chip cookies while riding the exercise bike. Does that make the cookie zero calories seeing your taking calories in and burning calories at the same time. Made me giggle.
  • CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    At my gym there are two ladies that come in maybe twice a week. Once they get there they each pick a weight machine and sit on it and chit chat the whole time. Every now and again they will move the weight just enough to maybe think they are doing something. They camp on those same machines the whole time they are there then they get up and leave. Really? Why pay for the membership since from their conversations I gather they work together?

Also our gym has a no children policy however the manager has been known to bring in his kid who is probably around 5 and just lets him run free bouncing exercise balls everywhere and messing around on the machines. He really makes me nervous being in there. Its fine if he has to bring his kid but please watch him. Yesterday he almost tripped me while I was running on the treadmill..
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    Ha! I once walked into one of the rooms where they hold group classes, when it was empty, and there was a guy stripped down to his whitey tighties flexing in the mirrored walls. I ran out very quickly and very quietly.

Another one that comes to mind was a guy who loaded up the bar for a bench press, then took a couple folded yoga mats, placed them on his chest, and then bounced the fully loaded bar off his chest several times. Then he put the bar back up.

Ha! I wish I had funny stories like that! That first guy must have been VERY proud of himself and his body lol. That second guy sounds like he had a death wish...
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    This why I work out at home.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    People throwing weights around, people not putting equipment back where it belongs, people not wiping down machines. People talking on cell phones while working out. Girls in the weight area not lifting weights but doing strange, contortionist yoga to get the guys' attention. Or randomly jump roping. Guys wearing shirts that look like a huge ripped thong.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Women are not the only ones who bring their children to the gym. I was working out the other day and this young, fairly fit guy is doing his thing and his daughter (maybe 7 yeras old) is wandering around after him. She was getting behind people working out, walking in between machines, and getting too close to her dad who was kicking the stuffing out of the big punching bag. I was afraid she was going to get hurt. I smiled at her at some point and she proceeded to follow me around for the rest of my workout and into the locker room when I was done.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    guy on a treadmill yakking away to the dude next to him and not even using the machine, he stood with each foot on either side of the machine with the treadmill running between his legs for at least 15 minutes!!! I later seen him talking to someone else who was tying to lift. When I left the gym he was in the car next to me puffing away on his cigarette....SMH
  • GainsAndGuitars
    Options
    The other day my fiance and I went to work out and wrapped up our weight session with elliptical as we always do. Because it's this time of year the treadmills and ellipticals were packed and all but one elliptical was taken. As I walked over to see if it was available I noticed someones keys and water bottle were on it, I quickly scanned around the room to see where it's owner was. I saw her a little further away on her phone talking 1,000 words a minute. So I backed off, we were able to get 2 ellipticals next to each other but I kept an eye on the woman. She stayed off the elliptical for another 10 mins having an argument with the person on the other end of the phone. She got back ON the elliptical and proceeded to yell and continue her argument. I locked eyes with the man next to her and we just both shook our heads. I really don't like it when people are inconsiderate at the gym.
  • whitesox56
    Options
    The guy munching on chocolate chip cookies while riding the exercise bike. Does that make the cookie zero calories seeing your taking calories in and burning calories at the same time. Made me giggle.

I saw someone downing a liter bottle of Pepsi on the exercise bike one time..kind of defeats the purpose....
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You know, usually at my gym I see all sorts of folks of various ages, abilities and sizes and all I think is Good for you for doing something for yourself! So don't be self-conscious!!!

Unless you are wearing a santa outfit or wiping ball sweat on a machine. Just don't do that !

LOL
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The entire month of January.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i see older folks walking on the treadmill backwards... *cringe* it's like watching a train wreck; you can't take your eyes off the scene. i am so afraid they will lose balance and hit their heads on the treadmill's power panel or something :$

as well, i saw a woman bring her four-year-old daughter into the health club with her to run on the treadmill. a trainer thankfully put a stop to it, but the woman was very angry, saying, "but she has to run with me, she's got to lose weight!"

i see loads of weird things in general; i live in china and people usually don't go to the gym to workout, and therefore have no idea how to safely or properly use the equipment.

I walk backwards on the treadmill for 15 minutes on strength days. It's good for your butt and thighs and calves if you walk on your toes. As long as you're holding on and not going too fast, it's not dangerous.
This discussion has been closed.