Things for which you wish MFP would give strikes...

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Anyone who insists they stuffed full and can't eat any more on less than 1200 calories a day.

anyone who gives people grief for insisting that they are full on 1200 calories a day.

I don't mind the 1200 crowd, but get very frustrated with those who run under 1,000 calories. It seems like the precursor to asking for justification of starvation tactics. Very few of us got overweight by eating under 1000 calories a day, but the week you join MFP you suddenly can't eat anymore? Nuh-uh.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Anyone who insists they stuffed full and can't eat any more on less than 1200 calories a day.

anyone who gives people grief for insisting that they are full on 1200 calories a day.

Who said anything about giving them grief. My thoughts are my own. I didn't say I give them grief did I?
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    how much longer till this thread gets shutdown? lol
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    when you ask someone for a newd pic and they say no. They should toadally get a strike.
    Some people...sheesh.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

Who said anything about giving them grief. My thoughts are my own. I didn't say I give them grief did I?

your post in here is basically giving them grief in a passive aggressive way.
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I don't mind the 1200 crowd, but get very frustrated with those who run under 1,000 calories. It seems like the precursor to asking for justification of starvation tactics. Very few of us got overweight by eating under 1000 calories a day, but the week you join MFP you suddenly can't eat anymore? Nuh-uh.

Actually I did do that. Yes before I started eating better I ate an extreme amount of calories, but that is because of the food I ate. Not the amount of food I ate. I never at very much in terms of portion sizes, but ate things like pizza, candy and sodas. Now I eat only healthy things like salads and fish. My potions are about the same size but my calorie intake is less than half of what it was. I do usually try to hit right around 1500 a day but there are days that I have to force myself to eat more than 1000. I am not new to weight loss, so it isn't just a "newbie" thing.
  • vice350z
    Options
    when you ask someone for a newd pic and they say no. They should toadally get a strike.
    Some people...sheesh.

inorite? The nerve.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    whoever reported my mermaid picture, when I used the word "*kitten*" and when I put a bikini pic up that wasn't even a thong.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Yes your right, I apologise. I am totally in the wrong and a bad bad person. Any way this is a funny thread so not going to knock it off topic moaning about other people moaning about other people lol. Just chill, it's supposed to be light hearted and a bit of banter. I could live without another grumpy thread.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    whoever reported my mermaid picture, when I used the word "*kitten*" and when I put a bikini pic up that wasn't even a thong.

good point. anyone who reports my posts should get strikes too.
  • vice350z
    Options

a bitter jealous member?
  • Aviva92
    Options

Yes your right, I apologise. I am totally in the wrong and a bad bad person. Any way this is a funny thread so not going to knock it off topic moaning about other people moaning about other people lol. Just chill, it's supposed to be light hearted and a bit of banter. I could live without another grumpy thread.

k, thanks. sounds good. :flowerforyou:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

a bitter jealous member?

Me? Nope. Not bitter at all, I look great. Someone else is bitter I guess.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Actually I did do that. Yes before I started eating better I ate an extreme amount of calories, but that is because of the food I ate. Not the amount of food I ate. I never at very much in terms of portion sizes, but ate things like pizza, candy and sodas. Now I eat only healthy things like salads and fish. My potions are about the same size but my calorie intake is less than half of what it was. I do usually try to hit right around 1500 a day but there are days that I have to force myself to eat more than 1000. I am not new to weight loss, so it isn't just a "newbie" thing.

I think this is what people struggle with. You claim you didn't eat that much in terms of quantity but it was what you ate - pizza, candy etc that make you overweight. No doubt these are higher calorie foods but eating them in reasonable quantities is not going to create "extreme amounts of calories" any more than switching to salads, fish and healthy foods is going to create difficulty in reaching even 1000 calories a day. This simply makes no sense.
  • Aviva92
    Options

that word isn't allowed or is it bikini pics that aren't allowed? sounds like an odd thing to report.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

anybody that comes into a light hearted joke thread and starts dishing out guilt
  • Aviva92
    Options

I think this is what people struggle with. You claim you didn't eat that much in terms of quantity but it was what you ate - pizza, candy etc that make you overweight. No doubt these are higher calorie foods but eating them in reasonable quantities is not going to create "extreme amounts of calories" any more than switching to salads, fish and healthy foods is going to create difficulty in reaching even 1000 calories a day. This simply makes no sense.

Healthier foods fill you up more than crap like soda which is basically empty calories. I think that's her point. High protein/low calorie fish or broccoli is going to be more filling than soda. It's not about eating lower portions of crap food which will result in still being hungry. It's about eating healthier food. Thus you wind up with a lot less calories in any given day.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    starting stupid threads
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

-Posts about mice

Mice? what?

i have missed those threads. Why do people post about mice? :tongue:
  • vice350z