Over 200 New Year New Me Part 16

Options

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy, I think it's a great idea to change up your calorie base and eat more of your exercise calories. I'm all about easy math (and MFP makes it super easy) and it's nice knowing that you "can" eat all of your exercise calories and still lose. I had a big loss this past week because I was varying my calorie intake and eating like ALL of my exercise calories when I was on vacation.

My coffee generally comes in the iced version. The 7-11 near work has sugar-free syrups (12 cal/pump) and different kinds of milk. When I want to treat myself for $2.39 and 90 calories, I have a 20 oz. iced coffee with sf hazelnut syrup and about 1/4 c. 2% milk.

I've also noticed that I've had less soda since I started MFP. I was never a huge soda drinker, it's usually just when I need a pick-me-up in the afternoon, but when I am it's Diet Coke all the way. 7-11 will also let me add some cherry syrup for some extra calories but a super-good Cherry Diet Coke. (Yes, I realize I sound like a 7-11 ad. It's only been open for a few months, so the "newness" factor is still pretty high.)

And back to work....you all ARE super chatty today. It's fun to take breaks every so often and catch up on the conversation. :smile:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT??!!

BIGGEST LOSER RESULTS FROM THE GYM ARE IN AND.........

Brick Bodies Perry Hall – Participants with greatest % weight loss
    Cris ***** -8.65%
    Bill Murray -6.77%
    Geoff Rupert -6.67%
    Nicole Watford -6.32%
    Rita Gue -5.31%
    Arlene Clemens -5.11%
    Emily Herstein -4.51%
    Celice Pizlo "Anne" -4.47%
    Total Weight Lost for all Brick Bodies Perry Hall Participants: 160.4 pounds!

woohooOOO!!:drinker:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    OMG you won you won you won
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :laugh: :smokin:
    I'm so excited for you right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my IDOL
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Wow Jess! That is a difference! Congrats on the weight loss so far! Keep up the great work!!
  • cris20056
    Options
    OMG you won you won you won
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :laugh: :smokin:
    I'm so excited for you right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my IDOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you made me laugh, that's just the results up until now...I think there is like 3 weigh ins left...but I was just excited to be in first place even if it is just for 1 week!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cris20056
    Options
    checking in 4/28/10:
    calories- 1120
    water- I will get there
    sodium- 2295 (booo:explode: :grumble: )
    excercise- sat on my *kitten* all day :blushing: :embarassed:
    proud- THAT I AM IN FIRST PLACE AT THE GYM BL COMPETITION!!!!
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I too am a total carbonator water freak! I got this new gadget called the SodaStream from Penguin...it totally carbonates my water in like 15 seconds! I tried it out at my mom's house in February & became totally addicted! Its like $200 at Williams-Sonoma but completely worth it! Just think abotu how much money you spend on buying carbonated water! Even my husband & 2year old are hooked!
    http://www.sodastreamusa.com/penguin.aspx
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Littlespy
    love your motivational post. It's all so true. :heart: :heart:

I'm so excited to start planning your BABY SHOWER !!!!!!!
    Oh, and, that's not your stomach growling ....... Its the baby kicking
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ok So I busted my BUM today and ran for 60 minutes and did 30 minutes of strength training I burnt over 1000 cals today.I just got back from my run and if everything goes well I should show a good loss tomorrow of at least 2 pounds since last week.So that would put me right at 220 tomorrow morning (my weight this evening after my run and a gallon of water:noway: :noway: :noway: was 224:laugh: :laugh: :noway: :noway: ) SO I am keeping my fingers crossed for a GREAT weigh in the morning.

Calories-1283 (no exercise cals but this works for me right now)
    Water-128ounces
    Exercise-90 minutes of cardio and strength training
    Proud-THAT I AM BACK IN THE LOSING GAME!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Littlespy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: IF ITS A BOY I HAVE LOTS OF LCOTHES TO GIVE YOU!!!:wink:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Littlespy

LOL
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    proud- THAT I AM IN FIRST PLACE AT THE GYM BL COMPETITION!!!!
    Woo hoo! Congrats!

How long is your BL competition? I am doing one too at my gym! Ours is 6 weeks and we work out with a trainer 2x a week.
  • raiderape
    Options
    Cris - That is AWESOME!!! That is a great accomplishment!!

LittleSpy - If you are preggers send the pregnant vibes this way. My husband and I are trying and haven't been successful yet. Hopefully this weight loss will help are chances.

Will check in later! :flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Y'all are cracking me up with the baby shower talk! :laugh: :laugh: I know you probably don't find it funny though LittleSpy...sorry...I'm not laughing anymore I promise!

Cris-Way to go!!! Congrats girl you are AWESOME!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: You are just kicking butt!! You let nothing stop you!!

So...I had to share week 6 is my *kitten*! I owned it today at the gym! I must say I think I listened to Black Betty and Hit Me With Your Best Shot for the entire 25 minutes! :tongue: And after that I did 14 minutes on the bike. My legs are screaming at me! I stretched quick before I left the gym but plan to do more tonight. It felt sooo good. This guy was running next to me on the other treadmil and he kept giving me this weird look. I'm sure he was thinking in his head "Is that woman seriously STILL running!?" Yeah that's ride I weigh more then 200 pounds and I can jog longer then you. Take that! :tongue: That may not of been what he was thinking but in my head he was! :smile: It's cause I'm hotter then donut grease. :blushing: Still makes me laugh!

On another funny note...I found this new song today that I downloaded...it's called Lover, Lover. For all you country fans you should definitely look it up. I don't know why but this song spoke to me! I walked out of the gym doing a little strut to it...I'm sure people were looking at laughing...but I just love it!!

I better go check on my chicken on the grill. Last time I got carried away posting I burned the pork chops!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Littlespy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: IF ITS A BOY I HAVE LOTS OF LCOTHES TO GIVE YOU!!!:wink:
    If its a girl I have tons of hand me downs until she is at least a teenager.But by then it probably won't be cool for her to wear any of them lol
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i am totally craving SUSHI hard!!!!
    so....can someone clue me in...are we supposed to be eating the exercise calories or not? My base calorie goal is always 1200 but I don't get super upset if I end up at 1300 or 1400 for the day...and I usually try not toeat any of my exercise calories...
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    KDubMommy-Everybody does something different. I personally have a base calorie at 1200. On days I workout a lot I try and eat some of my exercise calories. I really try and listen to my body. If I'm hungry I'll tell myself "okay...you're hungry sure...drink 4 glasses of water and see how hungry you are after" and if I'm still hungry I will allow myself a snack. It's really about what works for your body I think. But if you are burning like 1000 calories a day I would say eat some of them. Try changing things up. They say it's best to keep your body guessing. I'm now starting to zig zag my calories. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense! HAHA!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options

Sad to say ... I had to throw egg shells and other breakfast scraps on top of the chips bag in the garbage before I really felt like I might not pull them back out. :noway:

BRILLIANT, lstpaul!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Whoah lordie mae, FOUR PAGES LATER, I am finished with you chatty Kathy posters! :laugh:
    And this is what I remember -
    Julie is preggo
    Jess resembles donut grease
    awestfall is sideways
    cris made BL this week
    someone has a bf named Nate
    lstpaul threw eggshells on the chips
    elmox came from St. Louis (woohooo!!!!)
    at least three of you are knockin' on onederland's door
    someone is having a sushi withdrawal
    someone drinks too much coffee
    two people are addicted to carbonated water
    awestfall has girl clothes for jlb
    cris has boys clothes for jlb
    raider wants to be preggo
    and SOME OF YOU ARE CONSIDERING COMING TO LOU THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!! If you don't mind three cats and one hellish kitten, you can stay with me - I have one extra bed, one couch and one loveseat. And floor space!

check in:
    calories: good
    water: getting there
    exercise: full monty
    proud: I made it through all of your posts! :laugh: :noway: :laugh:
  • raiderape
    Options
    Check In for 4/28:

Calories: Over :frown:
    Sodium: Under :happy:
    Water 72 oz