Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

It's relevant for the same reason Lance Armstrong lost all his "champion" titles. Her physique was gained through plastic surgery. All it requires is money to get fake boobs, not exercise or diet or "hard work."

Yeah, those abs and lean body mass are the result of a sugeon. :huh:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    She looks fantastic, OP! Congrats to you both.

that being said:

understanding-women.jpeg
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hmm, I love how women are on here saying she's too manly, yet none of the men on here seem to think that?

She looks great! I'd never have the dedication to diet down to the way she's cut, but damn if I don't admire it!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    amy1612 - incredibly proud - thank you for the comments!

As for negative comments, please just select the option to ignore the user and their comments will disappear if they are simply negative for the sake of it. Some good negative points I may add, not all bad :smile:

You're more level headed than me mate.

If that was my fiance with that amazing body and all these women with TONS of their own flaws were saying "Eww, I want to keep my curves, she looks gross." I'd be a ball of rage. Hell I'm angry on your behalf!

As a bodybuilder working with Gaspari as a rep, and have been for years, I'm used to the names and jibes myself. I warned Yo before she began in October this will happen. People will love the look, be indifferent or spit venom and hate at you and you. Just part of the lifestyle.

NB - I put on this and let the anger out - http://youtu.be/l63dOP2_5qw

:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Don't bash it if you don't like it. Keep your negative opinions to yourself. Women are the worst with body bashing. Why? Stop it.

Word. She looks amazing and even if it is not a goal other women want for themselves, who the eff cares? In the other success stories posted on here, you do not see those types of comments. Yet, for some reason, women (mostly) here are putting her success down. I just chalk it up to jealousy.

What about the thread last week of the girl who had great progress pics but still a ways to go and was still overweight but rocking a bikini? I saw numerous 'regular' posters laughing on each other's feeds about her camel toe, and several that made comments such as "that thread was not pretty' or 'their eyes were scarred because of her lack of clothing'. Those same people/friends are in THIS thread talking about body shaming this fit girl and how rude it is?! :noway:

I am totally against body bashing but lets apply it across the board folks.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Wow! She looks so fantastic! That is the epitome of hard work and real dedication. I apsire to look more like her every day.

Matt, congratulations on the engagement. :heart: You two will make a great team.

I wish that people could learn to state some of their opinions in a more polite way. I hate seeing women bash one another.
  • SilverSquid
    Options
    You people get your idea of "feminine" and "masculine" looking from society and movies.
    If someone, at the peak of their fitness, looks like this, and is a woman, that's feminine. There's no definition of what everyone should look like.
    I sense a lot of jealousy in this thread.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Don't bash it if you don't like it. Keep your negative opinions to yourself. Women are the worst with body bashing. Why? Stop it.

Word. She looks amazing and even if it is not a goal other women want for themselves, who the eff cares? In the other success stories posted on here, you do not see those types of comments. Yet, for some reason, women (mostly) here are putting her success down. I just chalk it up to jealousy.

What about the thread last week of the girl who had great progress pics but still a ways to go and was still overweight but rocking a bikini? I saw numerous 'regular' posters laughing on each other's feeds about her camel toe, and several that made comments such as "that thread was not pretty' or 'their eyes were scarred because of her lack of clothing'. Those same people/friends are in THIS thread talking about body shaming this fit girl and how rude it is?! :noway:

I am totally against body bashing but lets apply it across the board folks.

I missed that thread, but I agree!
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    She looks gorgeous! What dedication that takes! Congratulations on all her hard work.
  • cleanjerksnatch
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

I concur, but remember lifting weights won't exactly leave you looking like that. The woman in the picture is tolerable but she is not my type. Sure she has a great body but for me, I'd prefer a normal girl with a normal lean/fit/semi fat body and most especially natural breasts.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

Shoot I'll start lifting like her if someone buys me a pair of knockers like hers :flowerforyou:
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You people get your idea of "feminine" and "masculine" looking from society and movies.
    If someone, at the peak of their fitness, looks like this, and is a woman, that's feminine. There's no definition of what everyone should look like.

The idea of feminine and masculine comes from the effect of estrogen and testosterone on the human body. Soft facial features, a .7 waist to hip ratio, and several other things define fertility, and femininity. The same with masculinity, square jaw, smaller eyes, broad shoulders deep voice etc. None of this is caused by society, it's biology.
  • SilverSquid
    Options
    I would rather have lean soft curves and a womaly squishiness then all off those hard abs and muscles. i like being soft gently tones and feminine.

I think she looks great and i admire her hard work but not my standard of feminie beauty either.

This is more of what I aspire too:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=natural+healthy+woman+in+bathing+suit&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=D807AEA3A873D849AC9E451E4047E5D6C4FFD719&selectedIndex=47
    I would cry if I looked like that. I guess I would learn to enjoy ice cream over working out!
    To each their own though ;)

You would cry if you looked like Marilyn Monroe? Don't make me laugh.
  • meepsterbird
    Options
    It's really sad the kind of society we live in. Everybody is so quick to offer criticism. Why is it even relevant to state that you "wouldn't want to look like that?" Does it make people feel better to say that? Smug, even? Is it any wonder that bullying among today's children has become such a widespread problem? To those who feel entitled to criticize, take a step back and think about what you actually got out of making negative comments about this person. She may "look" tough, but I bet she has feelings just like the rest of us.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    This was a great thread Matt!!!! how hard you and Yo have trained to get ready is amazing...her pics are great....so glad to have both of you on my FL!!!!

good luck to you and Yo in competitions this year!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    amy1612 - incredibly proud - thank you for the comments!

As for negative comments, please just select the option to ignore the user and their comments will disappear if they are simply negative for the sake of it. Some good negative points I may add, not all bad :smile:

You're more level headed than me mate.

If that was my fiance with that amazing body and all these women with TONS of their own flaws were saying "Eww, I want to keep my curves, she looks gross." I'd be a ball of rage. Hell I'm angry on your behalf!

As a bodybuilder working with Gaspari as a rep, and have been for years, I'm used to the names and jibes myself. I warned Yo before she began in October this will happen. People will love the look, be indifferent or spit venom and hate at you and you. Just part of the lifestyle.

NB - I put on this and let the anger out - http://youtu.be/l63dOP2_5qw

:laugh: :bigsmile:

You, sir, rock. You both do. :drinker:
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

i wouldn't want to look like that

Why not? She looks great?

she does but not my thing and doesn't match my standard of female beauty. i do admire her though.

I agree. If that's what she thinks is beautiful then that's great. I am a distance runner because i do not like to look so "hard" yet I am very lean. To each their own. I did 2 rounds of P90x and became very "cut" and I was uncomfortable in my own skin. It just isn't my ideal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Natashaa1991 - each to their own. I don't understand why you have to come and post this on the thread which is promoting healthy living and lifting, however?

Does no cardio = "heatlhy living". The cardiovascular system is arguably as important as what you see in the mirror.
  • SilverSquid
    Options

The idea of feminine and masculine comes from the effect of estrogen and testosterone on the human body. Soft facial features, a .7 waist to hip ratio, and several other things define fertility, and femininity. The same with masculinity, square jaw, smaller eyes, broad shoulders deep voice etc. None of this is caused by society, it's biology.

If it is straight biology, then when woman are at their physical peak, they would fit this description. Not all women do. Not all women are the same, so you can't plaster measurements on a "normal" woman and say that's what everyone should look like. The idea of a man being big and bulky and a woman being tiny and lean comes from movies and society. That's why fat people hate themselves; because of society. Not biology.