DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine believed that drop bears were real until she was about 24. She was devastated when she found out the truth

A drop bear is something that us Aussies made up to scare unsuspecting tourists as a joke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That MUD spelled backwards is DUM(B). Thank you Bugs Bunny for the spelling lesson.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!

lol I always wonder the same thing..........how come everybody clothes on tv look the same...no color
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A derriere was a dance move....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    That if I lifted weights every day (for every muscle) on a 1200 or less calorie diet (I am 6'3") that I would gain muscle faster than if I did it less often.... duuuhh ...mb.:embarassed:
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Watched cartoons where the ostrich would put its head in a hole to hide. Believed it until we went to an ostrich farm and asked the farmer if it was true.
  • AussiePupOwner
    Options
    When I was little girl, I thought the moon was following me everywhere. We were on a car trip and every time I looked out the window, there it was! I was sure it was a sign that I was going to turn into a werewolf! I finally became so worried, I mentioned the stalking moon to my father, who assured me that since the moon was so high up in the sky...it appeared to be following everybody!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I never was very gullible, because my brother tried pulling crap on me all the time, so I wised up fast. He had a girl in HIGH SCHOOL convinced that he was fed as a baby on alligator milk.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I once cried at the store because my mom was buying Aunt Jemima Syrup. I was scared that the bottle would come to life on our table and start talking just like it did on the tv commercials.

This is amazing!!
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My older sister told me that brown cows gave chocolate milk. She's my older sister, I believed her till I was pretty old, probably high school.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    That size doesn't matter
    Not everyone wants one the size of a forearm. :noway:

one what?
    Leprechaun. Camel. Walrus. All various things that should be bigger than one's forearm...
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    That my grade 1 teacher never left the classroom and that her desk just magically turned into a bed at night...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    When I was little I thought when you drain the tub after a bath you could get sucked down.

My big sis told me when I was 5 that if I really didnt like my freckles I could scrape them off my nose with a butter knife. And I tried it. Ouch. That was dumb but I believed her because she was 18. Old enough to know little kids dont understand sarcasm well.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That " Snipe hunting" was real. College buddies got me bad on that one- sat behind a rock( at night) down at the golf coarse for 1/2 hour before they had any mercy on me. Stupid.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    As a little one, I used to wonder why they couldn't just drain the Loch Ness lake, to find out if the monster lived in it once and for all. I just didn't get why this logical idea never occurred to the people in charge. :tongue:

I also wondered why 'they' couldn't just print/make more money at the money factories, if everyone needed more so badly.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    That tiramisu contained real ladies' fingers. Old ladies who died had their fingers snapped off, they were so dry that you had to soak them in coffee. I refused to eat it til I was 13.
  • wdwgirl3
    wdwgirl3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That you always have to fart twice or your tummy will explode.
  • NewMsT
    NewMsT Posts: 33
    Options
    That the bank held my money in a safe spot and that when I went back to get it I would get the same exact bills that I had given them. Totally destroyed me when I realized that they gave my money away and gave me money from a stranger! :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    when i was little, in the movies, two people kissed and the next day they had a baby. That's what i believed would happen to me if i got kissed by a boy!

i thought coffee grounds were mud after my dratted cousin told me very convincingly!!! Mud Drinks!
  • AussiePupOwner
    Options
    When u said ur prayers you had to clasp ur hands together as that was the microphone that god could hear u with!

That is adorable!