Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That baby carrots are not actually babies, but cut down adult carrots :tongue:
    LOL
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I learned that "Go Tell it on the Mountain" was a Christmas song.

When I saw the lyrics to "Silent Night" as an adult and realized it's "Son of God, love's pure light", not meaning that Jesus really likes pure light...

That the hotel chain was "Ramada Inn", not "Ramanda Inn" and the Burger King song goes "special orders don't upset us" and not "special orders dullabettus"...dang! both proved my siblings right!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I used to think gonorrhea was a country in Africa. :/

Please dear lord do not tell us how you found out the truth! :embarassed:
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was schooled by my flaming gay uncle that one is to remove the brand label tag off of the sleeve of a brand new fancy shmancy coat. Did not realize this until quite recently. *facepalm*
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Uhhh. I was pretty sheltered as a kid.

Big hockey fan, so I saw the movie "Goon" starring Seann William Scott.
    Went to the movies and saw American Pie Reunion (first American Pie movie I had ever seen) and realized he was really popular because he played Stifler and I spazzed at the theater.

No big.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I was schooled by my flaming gay uncle that one is to remove the brand label tag off of the sleeve of a brand new fancy shmancy coat. Did not realize this until quite recently. *facepalm*

Why?
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

I bet that everyone who reads this automatically sings the three songs to see if it's true... I know I did! >.< :embarassed:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Men do not need to use tissue when urinating. Found that out 1 year ago
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    That Donald Sutherland is Keifer Sutherlands father.......Duh! *facepalm*
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    When I found out that people were actually saying "Up and at 'em", not "Up and Adam".. and this wasn't even that long ago :(
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That "TOM" wasn't just some creepy dude . . .

Hahahaha this had me rolling!!! LOL
  • msfitmom_3
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

I bet that everyone who reads this automatically sings the three songs to see if it's true... I know I did! >.< :embarassed:

I will admit... I did!! hahaha
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That Turkeys can fly and nest in trees and not on the ground,

But only wild ones. Domesticated turkeys are too fat and, if dropped from a plane, would hit the ground like sacks of wet cement. If you don't believe me, look up the WKRP turkey episode on YouTube.
  • msfitmom_3
    Options
    That losing weight was as simple as riding a bike.

This made me LOL- Words to live by. ---- When I realized that the lines and tiles in the bottom of the pool were to assist you with swimming in a straight line.

1 pound of fat= 3500 calories

That when calorie counting the calorie amounts are more if you are not on a 2000 calorie diet. IE Orange is 70 calories (based on a 2000 calorie diet) but is about 85 when based on my calorie level.

Woah! I did NOT know this!! How do you figure this out then for someone in my weight category??? lol I did I not know this!?
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Slugs (the bullets that been fired) are called slugs because they shell is gone

I just learned this.... just now. And I feel dumb for not having known that.

me as well... today was not a wasted day!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

That when calorie counting the calorie amounts are more if you are not on a 2000 calorie diet. IE Orange is 70 calories (based on a 2000 calorie diet) but is about 85 when based on my calorie level.

Wait, what now? Percentages of things change based on the calorie level you consume, but a calorie is a calorie.

Im sorry I got it backwards- not calories- Fat and nutrients- can change from calorie intake http://www.fda.gov/food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/NFLPM/ucm274593.htm- ex on a 2500 calorie diet the fat levels change by 5 g for the same food for a 2000 calorie diet. Not all do it- but when you watch fat its annoying lol.

I think you need to re-learn that.... its based on percentages, not grams... calories are calories.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options

Wait, what now? Percentages of things change based on the calorie level you consume, but a calorie is a calorie.

Im sorry I got it backwards- not calories- Fat and nutrients- can change from calorie intake http://www.fda.gov/food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/NFLPM/ucm274593.htm- ex on a 2500 calorie diet the fat levels change by 5 g for the same food for a 2000 calorie diet. Not all do it- but when you watch fat its annoying lol.

I think you need to re-learn that.... its based on percentages, not grams... calories are calories.

if you look on the label and it says

Total Fat 2g .............. 3%

*based on a 2,000 calorie diet

THIS MEANS out of 2,000 calories, this food is 3% of your daily total fat

the 2g is 2g, on 2,000 calories or 1,200 calories.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That "TOM" wasn't just some creepy dude . . .

LOL
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    In elementary school, when they taught us about the "Underground Railroad", my teacher was very clear that it wasn't an actual railroad. Many of the stories were of escaping slaves hiding out in people's basements.

She never said that it wasn't actually underground! I was an adult before it hit me that there wasn't really a massive, hand-dug tunnel system from the south to the north, which was how I envisioned it for over a decade.

8-year-old kids don't know that "underground" can just mean "secret"!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Men do not need to use tissue when urinating. Found that out 1 year ago

But they should! That way there wouldnt be the floor and toilet rim drips! I don't get it!