Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• Princ3ssj
    Princ3ssj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Its a work out DVD by Jillian Michaels of The Biggest Loser.
    Its a popular work out I think because its only 18 minutes, its broken down into 3 6 minute circuits. 3 minute strength, 2 minute cardio and 1 minute abs(IF I remember correctly?) only requires a couple of hand weights and a mat or carpet. Worth checking out, I think I bought mine at Target for about $15 a few years ago.
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    All I have is 5lbs and I find that it's okay with some of the exercises she does, but others it's a little too heavy for me to make it through the entire circuit with, so I am going to have to invest in a small weight soon myself.
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

I am on my second round of 30DS day 3 of level 2 and I have found 3 lb weights work for some moves, espcially if you are a beginner and needing to be sure proper form is done, and on other moves I ues a 5 lb weight. Try what works the best, move up or down on the weights that will help you, proper form and no injuries is better than trying with heavier weights. Good luck.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Here are mine:

24720160_6264.jpg
    24720160_608.jpg

It's completely worth while, I'd recommend it to anyone. However I'd also recommend taking progress photos and not going by the scale! I'm 1lb heavier in my after pic than my before pic.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures, but I've done 9 days so far and I am seeing visible results in my tummy flatness. Down 2 lbs in the first week... we'll see what this past week has done, but I did skip two days. Good luck!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2. I also mix up my hand weights. I found some of the exercises to easy with the 3lb ones so upped them to the 5lb. I took a peek at level 3 today and I think it might just kill me.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

Nah; I use 5 pound weights and have no issues at all.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30DS. I have been completely lost on this weight loss thing. I am 26, 167 lbs 5'5" and eat around 1500/day. I go to the gym with a friend 3x a week and use a hrm and average 300-450 burn in 45mins. I usually eat back exercise calories even though it does not make sense to me. If I do 30DS should I eat back the exercise calories? It seems I shouldn't since it's more of a burn. I need help and friends!
    Yes, at that low of a calorie intake, eat back the exercise calories or you will lose your stamina. Be careful to not over-estimate the burn. I have seen entries for the 30DS all over the place. I tend to believe it's worth about 200 cals.
  • Rhunt24
    Rhunt24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am on day 25 today. Level 3 day 5 and I have lost 8 lbs. I didn't take measurements but I know I've gotten smaller. I have collar bones now and some definition in my upper arms. I took first day pics and will post the results if I get brave enough! I use 5 lb weights for most stuff, except for the shoulder raise move on Level 1! I use soup cans for those:smile::smile: Good luck! I joined a group where we all started the same day and it's been awesome...maybe try getting a group together to help with accountability!!
  • nichelle02
    Options
    I did day 1 of the 30DS yesterday. I'd actually started in December for 10 days and it made a significant difference. I didn't measure my weight then but my clothes were already fitting better. Then I went to Hawaii for 10 days (yay) and stopped (boo). So now I'm back at it. I'm looking forward to the results.

Oh. And I use 6 pound weights.
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I'll be finished in 6 days. I'll post my before and after pics in a week. I've lost inches and 4 pounds so far.
    I used 1 pound weights for the first 8 days, then moved to up to 2 pounds. (I have super weak arms.)
    I love the program and will be starting the 6 week 6 pack after I'm finished the 30DS.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I only have 5 pounds weights, and a few times I wished I had smaller, and other times I wished I had more - other times it's just perfect. For example, my shoulders are SOOO weak so 5 pounds is almost impossible for shoulder raises etc...BUT towards the end of level 1, I was finally able to do more than half the exercise WITH weights in my hands - so just keep pushing. But if you're going to - go out and get a full range of weights and use what you need for the different exercises.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I so needed to see your result pics! I plan on starting Monday and need to lose some of the waist/love handle area as well so I hope it works for me in the same way! Thanks!
  • Rebecaaaa1
    Options
    I'm using 2.5lb weights and am on my 2nd day. Will let you know how it goes :smile:
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13 of 30ds and started level 2 on monday. I'm already down 7lbs and all of my clothes are getting baggy!!!! It's crazy! I have been doing it every single day with no rest days. (some like a rest day, I'm deciding to push myself)

You should take a rest day. Your body needs it and you will get better results if you do.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    30DS rocks! No pics yet. I'm on day 5 and I'm already seeing results and feeling stronger! The jumping moves are still tough for me (I've had to jog in place or keep doing butt kicks for a lot of them after the first 2 rounds of jumping jacks), and the push ups are really tough too, but I'm hoping that after 2 rest days I'll come back strong today! The first 3 days my whole body was super sore but by day 4 I wasn't feeling as sore as in the beginning.
  • mylifesjourney
    mylifesjourney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thank you Charleysky:smile:
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    I use 5lbs and 3lbs. depending onthe exercise.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've done three days of level one with five pound weights. The only thing that is difficult for me at that weight are the side lunges. When my arms get tired, I switch to bicep curls for a few lunges and then try again. I am taking weekends off so my 30 days will be closer to 45.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!