While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Replies

• purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    I love sweets but Pop Tarts are too sweet for me. When I used to buy them, I would only eat the outer crust.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Untoasted S'Mores Pop Tarts are great. I grew up on those.

I love getting the Choco. Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts and sticking them in the freezer. For some reason, I like them a lot better frozen :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    I'm just not a fan of how sugary they are and the ingredients in them. I prefer granola bars myself :)

There's only 14g of sugar in one...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    I'm just not a fan of how sugary they are and the ingredients in them. I prefer granola bars myself :)

There's only 14g of sugar in one...

HFCS - not super great for ya. but y'all know that. :P

they are tasty though.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.

I want to be you!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.

I want to be you!

Nevermind.. scratch that.. I could never keep up with how many calories you eat.. I thought I was going to look at your diary and you eat ice cream and pop tarts within a reasonable amount of calories like 1500-2000, not 4000! How much do you weigh? pictures? goals? Just curious.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    My philosophy is to in general not hate any food unless it causes a direct and immediate bad things to happen. Pop Tarts do not do this and in fact they are quite good. I used to eat them a lot. My preference was the original strawberry. Just eat them in moderation. What is moderation? If you stay within your daily calorie target and have a good balance of nutrients then go for it.
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    I'm not very big on them I do like Brown Sugar Cinnamon frosted and they have to be toasted because if they aren't crunchy they're icky. However at the first sign of Fall I stock up on Pumpkin Pie flavor.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    I love sweets but Pop Tarts are too sweet for me. When I used to buy them, I would only eat the outer crust.
    '

Yuck! That's the nasty part. I break off all the crust that doesn't have frosting on it
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    I HAVE ALL THE RAGE FOR THE OP! I spent all of the holidays combing through stores trying to find pumpkin cheesecake, couldn't find it ANYWHERE. And you have a stack of them in your photo!!!

I'm bitter, I love pumpkin cheesecake and was so sad to not find it. The new cannoli was nice, but it wasn't the same :\

Back on topic, nothing against pop tarts, but I can't justify eating all the sugar (at one time, at least).. I eat the special K thin bars and they're close enough with better macros imo
  • Medic911ETH
    Medic911ETH Posts: 31 Member
    So sorry, I cannot comply. I loathe the taste of Pop Tarts, and I dislike how they make me feel. But each to his or her own.

I've never been a fan of Pop Tarts, even when I was a kid. Words like "Yuck" and "Ewwwwww" pop into mind whenever I see or hear anything about them. It's stupidly easy for me to resist Pop Tarts.

I've found, lately, I do quite well having trail mix type snacks, and there's enough variety out there where I can minimize or eliminate the ones with candy or chocolate. Yes, I'll even start my day out with a pre-measured (yes, I pre-portion everything out into single-serving sizes using my handy-dandy food scale) serving of a "trail mix" and coffee.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    S'mores poptarts, baby. Slightly over-toasted. That's where it's at. I'll be in my happy place. *do not disturb sign*

Oh gawd I forgot about that yummy goodness...
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    RED VELVET POP TARTS?! S'Mores?! Apple Cinnamon?! And Cookie Dough? I'd bet money they're only in the States. Canada gets gypped again :(

S'mores ones are in Canada but I have not seen the others. I only see the chocolate ones and fruity ones. No apple cinnamon which is sad.
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

Best thing ever :)
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    '

Yuck! That's the nasty part. I break off all the crust that doesn't have frosting on it

Umm....ok :indifferent:
  • Karoger87
    Karoger87 Posts: 56 Member
    400 and something calories for 2 poptarts is not worth it.... I would still be hungry.
  • Karoger87
    Karoger87 Posts: 56 Member
    P.S. Nutella is the DEVIL!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member

I want to be you!

Nevermind.. scratch that.. I could never keep up with how many calories you eat.. I thought I was going to look at your diary and you eat ice cream and pop tarts within a reasonable amount of calories like 1500-2000, not 4000! How much do you weigh? pictures? goals? Just curious.

I'm 5'10" 185lbs & I maintain at 3300 - 3500. I'm working on body composition right now or if you'd like to call it a super slow bulk, than you can call it that. (Gained 7 lbs in 6 months lol...)

Curious, why do you believe my calories to be unreasonable?
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

/gasp I have NEVER seen those in my stores!! I would so eat one if I had that flavor. Other than that, they aren't my thing. I'd rather have a toaster strudel!

I will take a toaster strudel or 2 or 3 or 4 anyday!!
  • Have you ever read the ingredients list and nutrition facts on the box? They're about as unhealthy as can be, and most of the ingredients don't even seem to be consumable...