While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• ImmaZombie
    Options
    I can't eat them. They make me have diarrhea. lol TMI, I know..
  • debbio
    debbio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite is frosted blueberry (ideally toasted, eat the edges off first), but I also like frosted cherry. I LOVED grape! I will also eat pop tarts cold. The problem is I eat the whole box in a day or two. I also LOVE blueberry toaster streudels (all?). I love to drizzle the icing on then lick it off with my finger after it's melted. Yummy! Elizabethi is correct in my case. I never had tasted good pastry, pie crust or really much of anything in my growing up years, and when I went to college and tasted pop tarts... I was in love. Pumpkin pie pop tarts sound yummy.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I want to know how the homemade Nutella tart turned out... didn't someone say she was making some?

Countdown to Pop Tarts = 74 days :)
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love sweets but Pop Tarts are too sweet for me. When I used to buy them, I would only eat the outer crust.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Untoasted S'Mores Pop Tarts are great. I grew up on those.

I love getting the Choco. Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts and sticking them in the freezer. For some reason, I like them a lot better frozen :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a fan of how sugary they are and the ingredients in them. I prefer granola bars myself :)

There's only 14g of sugar in one...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a fan of how sugary they are and the ingredients in them. I prefer granola bars myself :)

There's only 14g of sugar in one...

HFCS - not super great for ya. but y'all know that. :P

they are tasty though.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.

I want to be you!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.

I want to be you!

Nevermind.. scratch that.. I could never keep up with how many calories you eat.. I thought I was going to look at your diary and you eat ice cream and pop tarts within a reasonable amount of calories like 1500-2000, not 4000! How much do you weigh? pictures? goals? Just curious.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is to in general not hate any food unless it causes a direct and immediate bad things to happen. Pop Tarts do not do this and in fact they are quite good. I used to eat them a lot. My preference was the original strawberry. Just eat them in moderation. What is moderation? If you stay within your daily calorie target and have a good balance of nutrients then go for it.
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not very big on them I do like Brown Sugar Cinnamon frosted and they have to be toasted because if they aren't crunchy they're icky. However at the first sign of Fall I stock up on Pumpkin Pie flavor.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I love sweets but Pop Tarts are too sweet for me. When I used to buy them, I would only eat the outer crust.
    '

Yuck! That's the nasty part. I break off all the crust that doesn't have frosting on it
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I HAVE ALL THE RAGE FOR THE OP! I spent all of the holidays combing through stores trying to find pumpkin cheesecake, couldn't find it ANYWHERE. And you have a stack of them in your photo!!!

I'm bitter, I love pumpkin cheesecake and was so sad to not find it. The new cannoli was nice, but it wasn't the same :\

Back on topic, nothing against pop tarts, but I can't justify eating all the sugar (at one time, at least).. I eat the special K thin bars and they're close enough with better macros imo
  • Medic911ETH
    Medic911ETH Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So sorry, I cannot comply. I loathe the taste of Pop Tarts, and I dislike how they make me feel. But each to his or her own.

I've never been a fan of Pop Tarts, even when I was a kid. Words like "Yuck" and "Ewwwwww" pop into mind whenever I see or hear anything about them. It's stupidly easy for me to resist Pop Tarts.

I've found, lately, I do quite well having trail mix type snacks, and there's enough variety out there where I can minimize or eliminate the ones with candy or chocolate. Yes, I'll even start my day out with a pre-measured (yes, I pre-portion everything out into single-serving sizes using my handy-dandy food scale) serving of a "trail mix" and coffee.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    S'mores poptarts, baby. Slightly over-toasted. That's where it's at. I'll be in my happy place. *do not disturb sign*

Oh gawd I forgot about that yummy goodness...
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    RED VELVET POP TARTS?! S'Mores?! Apple Cinnamon?! And Cookie Dough? I'd bet money they're only in the States. Canada gets gypped again :(

S'mores ones are in Canada but I have not seen the others. I only see the chocolate ones and fruity ones. No apple cinnamon which is sad.
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

Best thing ever :)
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    '

Yuck! That's the nasty part. I break off all the crust that doesn't have frosting on it

Umm....ok :indifferent:
  • Karoger87
    Karoger87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    400 and something calories for 2 poptarts is not worth it.... I would still be hungry.
  • Karoger87
    Karoger87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    P.S. Nutella is the DEVIL!!