Diet Sodas?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah the acid, gives me heartburn. Anything that can take the crust off a car battery should not go in your stomach, in my opinion.
    Guess vinegar is out then. And seltzer water. And baking soda.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah the acid, gives me heartburn. Anything that can take the crust off a car battery should not go in your stomach, in my opinion.

Yeah - one of the main uses of hydrochloric acid, which is found in gastric acid, is to remove rust from steel.

Wanna try again?

God, I swear we need a remedial chemistry course here at MFP.
    Lol, there's a god?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It may stimulate hunger to quit drinking pop, but that doesn't mean you have to go eat so many more calories that you gain weight. That sounds like a pretty poor excuse.

Excuse? If we were making excuses we wouldnt be here... I don't blame my weight or my health on anyone buy myself and my poor choices in life.... And neither does my wife for that matter.

But thanks for opinion.
    Well when you said that cutting out pop increased her hunger and she gained weight, that implied heavily that she was eating to make up for the hunger. Sorry for making such a "wild and crazy" assumption based on exactly what you stated, lol.
  • kwseneca
    Options
    Seriously...Diet Cherry pepsi. The best diet soda out there. My input though...Don't buy it. You get so hooked on it. I drank 3 cans a day!!!! Maybe just get a 2 liter for the week so you don't over-do it. TRY IT THOUGH. :)
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I already drink diet soda. Lol. I was just curious about what else may be good. I have a Sodastream and they have Cola Zero witch I'm guessing is Coke Zero so I will be buying that and trying it. :) They also have a Diet Cranberry Raspberry flavor! As well as Crystal Light :)

But I do enjoy Diet Mountain Dew, and Sprite Zero and Diet Cherry Pepsi. :)

But when I'm not craving a "Pop" I usually drink Tea with Splenda or Crystal Light or the Sugar Free Kool Aids for water :)
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Diet Sunkist is really good... it doesn't have that "diet twang" to it. Recently, though, I have found the Sobe Strawberry Dragonfruit to be quite tasty and relatively healthy. It's sweetened with Stevia and satisfies my sweet tooth. I'm trying to cut back on the soda myself (I'm a pretty major Dr. Pepper addict), and the Sobe is helping. Good luck!

Mmm I haven't drank any of the Sobe products. Perhaps I'll look into them, That Strawberry Dragonfruit sounds yummy!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I only drink it once in awhile but when I do my favorites are diet a + w, diet coke, pepsi max or diet dr. pepper.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    You don't need caffeine unless you are an addict, that is not a healthy state of affairs if so.

Diet Coke & coffee, right here.

Color me unhealthy :drinker:
  • tabbyavalon
    Options
    don't drink diet! it contains aspartame which is really bad for you! just have soda as a treat one can a week plus at least it will taste good why bother drinking it if it tastes crap an lets face it all diet soda tastes like poopers
    xx
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I works a 12 hour night shift from 7pm to 7am. I am not addicted to anything. I use caffeine as way to remain alert and active, if you have an alternative please suggest it. Diet soda has less caffeine then coffee or other beverages that have caffeine in them.

eating a well balanced whole food diet. there's your alternative. it's amazing how much more energy you'll have.
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I thought soda drinking generally is prohibited on this WEIGHTLOSS sight? Just asking o.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I thought soda drinking generally is prohibited on this WEIGHTLOSS sight? Just asking o.

ahhh no you're using logic.

many people on this board want to continue eating crap - just less of it - and somehow think that will make them healthy.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Why would drinking something with zero-nada-nil-zip Calories be prohibited on a weightloss site?
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Cherry 7up, Diet Sunkist, and Fanta Zero!
  • JBG1987
    Options
    Diet AW Rootbeer and Diet Dr. Pepper are the bomb.
  • JBG1987
    Options
    Oh yeah...and bacon, bacon, butter, butter. Just to see the fur fly :)
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I dont drink diet sodas anymore. I prefer french or italian soda (they normally have 12% juice or more in them).
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Diet Dew, ftw.

Diet Dr Pepper is decent too, as is Diet Squirt....but I usually only drink this mixed with vodka.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options

ahhh no you're using logic.

many people on this board want to continue eating crap - just less of it - and somehow think that will make them healthy.

unfortunately that's very true.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'd get more upset with myself if I had something that contained aspartame or sucralose than I would if I ate pizza or french fries.

If you're looking for something carbonated & sweet, maybe try carbonated juices with no added sweeteners? Pomegranate & clementine are a couple of my favs I used to get at Trader Joes all the time. Then I eventually made the move to carbonated water, & sometimes add some lemon in it. :smile: