Health concerns about dairy products

Options

Replies

• chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If Milk was bad....woman would not produce it for their babies. Milk is part of a balanced diet supported by many state governments in their food guides.

Having said that, in Canada milk is tested at the producer (farm) and if any atibiotics or steroids are dectected the shipment is dumped. This process does not occur in th US though and you may be exposed to steroids in you milk. WIthin Canada milk is completely safe to drink.

Chicken...on the other hand....is full of antiboitics in US and Canada. They bulk those babies up to keep them healthy and strong....but they are still tasty!

I'm sorry I couldn't get past the first paragraph. That was the most hilarious thing that I've ever read. lol! :laugh: Yes, Women do produce milk for their babies as do all mammals. But I believe that humans are the only species to ingest the milk of OTHER mammals.

I DO NOT restrict my diet of dairy but I am not really a big fan either. I have been doing a lot of research on the pasteurization process and consuming pasteurized milk vs. consuming raw milk. Ya, but milk in its liquid form I am not a big fan of however I do eat cheese and other dairy products so I can't stand on any soap box.

Thanks for the laugh anyhow :laugh:
  • chyloet
    Options
    If Milk was bad....woman would not produce it for their babies. Milk is part of a balanced diet supported by many state governments in their food guides.

Having said that, in Canada milk is tested at the producer (farm) and if any atibiotics or steroids are dectected the shipment is dumped. This process does not occur in th US though and you may be exposed to steroids in you milk. WIthin Canada milk is completely safe to drink.

Chicken...on the other hand....is full of antiboitics in US and Canada. They bulk those babies up to keep them healthy and strong....but they are still tasty!

Nobody is disputing natural maternal breast milk....

Im out

Hilarious!!!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Im out

Hilarious!!!

Read above! I thought you were quoting the original moronic post! gah, must go outside...
  • foxfe
    foxfe Posts: 8
    Options
    Milk is GREAT for you....if it hasn't been pasteurized. When you want to know if something good for you or not ask yourself thses questions?

-Is it natural?

-has is been processed?

-(if its anything animal related) was it fed natural foods of corn fed? free range or kept caged?

The more "pure" and natural something is the better it is for you
  • chyloet
    Options

Im out

Hilarious!!!

Read above! I thought you were quoting the original moronic post! gah, must go outside...

Well I was joining forces with your post but when I posted to reply to you it carried over your quote of that guys quote.
    Anyhow, I don't even know what else that guy posted. Honestly, I was laughing so hard I couldn't read on. Whatever you think of milk that post had no relevance to the original post....and was hiiiiilarious!
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    That looks YUMMY
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Science starts out with a hypothesis. The PCRM starts out with a conclusion: "meat bad," and then they cherry-pick and obfuscate in every way possible to suit their pre-drawn conclusion, based on their fundamentalist belief in the infallibility of veganism. True science goes where the data leads... it does not lead the data. If you think there is anything objective about their work, you are gravely mistaken.
    Veganism is to nutrition as creationism is to biology.

I wonder if there's already a website called "vegans say the darndest things."
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Science starts out with a hypothesis. The PCRM starts out with a conclusion: "meat bad," and then they cherry-pick and obfuscate in every way possible to suit their pre-drawn conclusion, based on their fundamentalist belief in the infallibility of veganism. True science goes where the data leads... it does not lead the data. If you think there is anything objective about their work, you are gravely mistaken.

nah. veganism is based on making an intelligent decision based on a wealth of information and the realities of crappy animal processing in this country.

creationism is based in ignorance. so really... i feel like it's the people who blindly trust that the FDA is looking out for them who are the "creationists" of the nutrition world. :)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

nah. veganism is based on making an intelligent decision based on a wealth of information and the realities of crappy animal processing in this country.

creationism is based in ignorance. so really... i feel like it's the people who blindly trust that the FDA is looking out for them who are the "creationists" of the nutrition world. :)

You know how you can tell there's a vegan at a party?... Just wait 5 mins. They'll tell you.

Hey-ohh!!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

You know how you can tell there's a vegan at a party?... Just wait 5 mins. They'll tell you.

Hey-ohh!!
    vegan_police_by_xx_matsuda_xx-d5cem9t.png
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

Vegans would never understand what that means.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I'm pretty sure one of the rules of the board is not to bash other people's dietary choices right? Just wanted to clarify for myself.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure one of the rules of the board is not to bash other people's dietary choices right? Just wanted to clarify for myself.

Okay to bash their religious choices though, eh?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

???
    creationism is based in ignorance. so really...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

???

Exactly! (beat me to it)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    You must be exempt from that rule with amount of mouth time you spend telling people how they got it all wrong with their dietary choices, considering vegans are all knowing, I shouldn't have had to remind you of that.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    cow_milk_for_baby_cows_human_milk_for_baby_humans_bumper_sticker-p128342124873318476en8ys_400.jpg

its not always possible.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

???

Exactly! (beat me to it)

lolerz
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    You must be exempt from that rule with amount of mouth time you spend telling people how they got it all wrong with their dietary choices, considering vegans are all knowing, I shouldn't have had to remind you of that.

i'm not a vegan. there goes your argument...