Options

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Day 3!

Day 1 I did full-up push-ups
    Day 2 I did half using knee, half full-up
    Day 3 I did all knee, because holy crap am I sore!

Jillian is not my "buddy"

:laugh:

Oh she would surely argue with that! Great work...let's see if the soreness has subsided by day 4? I hope so x
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Day 3!

Day 1 I did full-up push-ups
    Day 2 I did half using knee, half full-up
    Day 3 I did all knee, because holy crap am I sore!

Jillian is not my "buddy"

:laugh:

Oh she would surely argue with that! Great work...let's see if the soreness has subsided by day 4? I hope so x

Sorta - did about half and half.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You're a champ in my book for being able to do full pushups in general. I haven't gotten there yet. I need a nice combination of less weight for me to push up and stronger arm muscles... hehe. The bicycle crunches are REALLY hard for me right now since my legs are the heaviest part of me and that's alot of weight to keep in the air for a minute! Slow and steady...
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am gonna hit it tonight - perhaps also do one of the biggest loser: last chance workout segments too.

SW: 169.5
    Neck:13
    Hips:44
    Waist:32
    thighs: 27

:wink: clearly a little bottom heavy....... lol
  • Donnavdh
    Donnavdh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    D5L1 - liking it, going to try hard to do it over the week-end, it's hard because life creeps up on you! I will weigh and measure on Monday - 1 week into it.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    You're a champ in my book for being able to do full pushups in general. I haven't gotten there yet. I need a nice combination of less weight for me to push up and stronger arm muscles... hehe. The bicycle crunches are REALLY hard for me right now since my legs are the heaviest part of me and that's alot of weight to keep in the air for a minute! Slow and steady...

Oh man, the bicycles are rough being at the very end of the workout when your legs (and abs) are absolutely beat.
  • FitMami225
    FitMami225 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in! i've done it in the past and loved it and then fell into the "no time to workout" but i'm back on board! I'm with you on this.!

Current wgt: 166
    short term goal: 150 (by the end of june)
    long term goal: 140

~vanessa
  • FitMami225
    FitMami225 Posts: 7
    Options
    !
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Starting day 5 of level 1 today and I am pumped! It is getting easier everyday and I have shown a 2lb weight loss since Monday before day 1 level 1. The weekends I use as rest and just do moderate exercising (walking, using the wii, etc.) so I will start day 6 on Monday. Good job everyone, keep it up!

I will have to measure sometime, but until then.....SW (day of day 1) 146, CW 144
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I think the bicycles are in the workout to torture us... LOL. I've been modifying them by keeping my legs down and raising each leg one at a time. That's how I learned bicycle crunches, keeping my legs up will come with time. I'm going to start the minute with my legs and try to keep them up for longer periods until it's for the full minute. This will probably be on the one thing that keeps me on Level 1 for a while.
  • herbnkitchenfairy
    Options
    Just bought the 30 day shred and am going to watch it now and start day one tomorrow. I will also be doing 30-60 minutes of cardio per day (walk/run on the treadmill).

Now for the depressing part (but of course we all have to start somewhere).

CW= 161
    GW= 125

Neck: 14
    Bust: 40
    Chest: 33
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 41
    Thighs: 22.5
    Calves: 13.5
    Arms: 12
  • lcardinal
    lcardinal Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi All,
    I would love to join this group. I have had the 30 shred for over 6 months, and have never done it.
    I just found MFP about a month ago and love how it tracks everything.
    I did Day 1 today, it was tough, but right now I feel great!
    I look forward to this 30 day challenge with all of you.
    I burned 211 calories, so my goal is to increase the intensity progressively to increase the calories burned.
    Have a Great Day!
    Linda
  • TradeWinds
    TradeWinds Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi folks! The DVD arrived through Netflix yesterday and am stoked about starting. I have never done any video workouts before (lifted weights in HS) and so being here in MFP I think will help (or motivate) me tremendously. My goal is to cut some fat and also maybe increase my cardio endurance. My starting weight is 212 lbs and I'd like to get it to the low 190's by the end of 30-days. Have a wonderful day and good luck to everyone!
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Arrrgh just completed day 2. Definitely not leaving it til the end of the day again, sooooo tired! Gonna need some serious motivation to give it everything tomorrow...
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! so, i weighed myself this morning...........a THREE POUND WEIGHT LOSS already!!!!!!! in two DAYS!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a 2 pound weight loss after 2 days!! Congrats to you!! It feels great doesn't it?!
  • herbnkitchenfairy
    Options
    I am exercising to Level 1 tomorrow morning at 8 am... pick a time you can do it and commit to it... lets report back... as Jillian says in the DVD... it doesnt come for free... buying the DVD does not give you the body you want.. we have to work for it... so... lets do it...
  • dawnieqt
    dawnieqt Posts: 26
    Options
    I never gave my weight...

CW 233

I started yesterday... only lasted 10 minutes! IT KILLED ME! Today, I pushed through and made it to the end of Level 1! I'm so proud of myself and can't wait until tomorrow to give it another try. I was super sore today just from the 10 minutes I got though yesterday. I can only imagine what I'll feel like tomorrow morning!!

I want to make sure I'm logging it right in my exercise log. I saw a few people say they were logging it as circuit training. How many minutes are you guys logging? Tthe full 27 minutes, which includes the warm up and cool down? Or just 20 minutes for the actual workout?
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I started today, completed level one, So did my five year old twins! Looking forward to continuing sans children! I think each of them lost a pound and Elliot looks more buff! It was a great no nonsense aproach and it is exciting to know there are others out there working through this at the same time! Good luck everyone!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I thought I wouldn't get my 30DS workout in today, but my mom and sister were stuck in traffic so I snuck in the workout before they got here around 5:30. It is definitely getting easier as I go and I can do almost all of the moves with Natalie instead of Anita. It's just the pushups and some of the ab moves that I'm modifying now. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be with Natalie the whole way!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get it in ASDA yesterday but I don't really mind, because......

It arrived in the post today! Don't think i've ever been so excited about a postal delivery =)
    I have been doing the "claire from steps DVD" for the last 3 days to prepare my muscles for the workout...I am was pleasantly surprised this morning to wake up and have no soreness, so hopefully this will have prepared my body somewhat for the whooping I'm going to get shortly!

My measurements.

CW 179.8

Waist - 35
    Hips - 40.5
    Bust - 40.5
    Arm - 13
    Forearm - 11
    Thigh 23
    Calf - 16

Good Luck guys ! :flowerforyou: