Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Walked 5.1 miles today or 11,748 steps. Tomorrow morning weight lifting. Is there any sign of life out there
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am so swamped with paperwork and feel like two pieces of paper land on my desk for every one that I take care of and that's without even starting to deal with income tax.

I'm getting the dogs to the dog park and getting 10,000 steps a day on my Omron even if it means jogging in front of the tv at bedtime.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Pes, working with a trainer sounds awesome and exhausting.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Good evening. I woke up at 5 a.m. to do my weight training exercises. Walked 3 miles throughout my day at work then came home and did a 2 mile Leslie Sansone walk for a total of 5 miles or 11,327 steps. Hope everyone is doing well and that you post with your progress. (whether or not you're doing great.) Good night!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: no dog park walk today----the cable guy was here all afternoon getting the wiring set up for broadband and in the middle of the afternoon I had to go to the dentist
    my teeth are in great shape:bigsmile: :bigsmile: and the internet is really fast now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: so they day was a great success
    line dance class this morning with some really great dances and I got some of my paperwork done in spite of Haifa, the cat, lying down on top of everything :laugh: and I have over 11000 steps on my pedometer
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: Good evening. I am about to hit the sack. Have been up since 5 a.m., worked all day, went to hairdressers, came home beat but put on Leslie Sansone DVD and went from 2.8 miles to a grand total of 5.3 or 12,004 steps today. Cut out bread because it was a trigger food and filling myself up on veggies. I am determined!!! What's going on out there in cyberland with your exercise regimen?
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    It's hard to say how many steps I took because of today's activities. I shoveled snow, used my Nordic Track, walked 3 miles using a Leslie Sansone DVD and completed a full body weight training system. So, I'm still here, still in the game, but just can't give an accurate step count. But what about you?
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    It's hard to say how many steps I took because of today's activities. I shoveled snow, used my Nordic Track, walked 3 miles using a Leslie Sansone DVD and completed a full body weight training system. So, I'm still here, still in the game, but just can't give an accurate step count. But what about you?
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Today I walked close to 3 miles then did a rigorous workout on my Nordic Track Ski Machine for 25 minutes. Will check in tomorrow.. Alarm is set for 5 a.m. for strength training before work. Goodnight.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    way under 10,000 steps Saturday and Sunday :sad: but did walk the dogs and ride the exercise bike:bigsmile:

today we're off on another trip by auto so there won't be much time for walking---I've walked dogs already and ridden the bike but will probably be sitting for the next six or more hours :sad:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi old friends, I hope to join you guys when the weather gets better. Marie
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Used my pedometer for the first time today. Regular day of classes and walking around campus and a 45 minute workout on the eliptical. Totaled 14,909 steps or 4.7 miles. Didn't make a huge effort to go out of my way or anything. I'm pretty content with my numbers.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I got discouraged for a while, went to Weight Watchers and was told weight was up .4 of a pound (that's 4/10ths of one pound). I got discouraged and for the past few weeks, haven't been exercising (except with the trainer on Saturday mornings.) I decided to do something about it Thus far today, I have walked 12,925 steps or roughly 5.7 miles. In all fairness, several of those steps came from working out on the elliptical and some from talking my dog for a walk around the playground. I miss this thread and you guys. If anyone is out there, please say hi and let me know what you've been up to. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm still here and getting accustomed to my Omron.........I like the graphs it makes on the computer......I stay over 10,000 steps most days unless most of my exercise is yoga and stationery bike.

:flowerforyou: I am maintaining my weight pretty successfully although this week was my birthday and we went out one night for chicken curry and roasted a turkey for company another night so the big sodium influx and a few extra calories made a big difference.

:flowerforyou: I'm enjoying the nice weather and DH and I have been walking the dogs on the Discovery Trail.....we don't walk as far as we would alone, but the poodles have a great time.

:flowerforyou: I'd sure like to see the old gang start posting again.:bigsmile:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    So good to see you, Barb! A very Happy Birthday!
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Don't know if anyone will even see this but I hope everyone is fine and doing well with their exercise. I completed 12,533 steps today.:drinker: :flowerforyou: P.S. What has everyone been up to?
  • SusyC
    SusyC Posts: 68
    Options
    Yeah, OK, it's been awhile since I've logged on! In January, I ended up with an inner ear infection which put me out of commission for a few weeks. I have not recovered all of my hearing in my left ear, and I now have tinnitis, a constant ringing in my ear. I got "back in the saddle" when my husband decided to start losing weight again. I thought I'd join him. We both had our own treadmills, so great, right? Well, within 3 days, he broke his old treadmill and started using mine. Within 2 days, he broke mine! Eek!

So, we went out and bought an elliptical (a FORTUNE!) and it ends up, I didn't like it nearly as much as my treadmill. So, I got my treadmill fixed. He does the elliptical and I do the treadmill. He works out for 30 minutes, does a little less than 2 miles. I jog 3 miles or more on my treadmill at a 4.0 paces and a 4.0 incline. I work off at least 450 calories at a time. He works off a little over 200.

He has lost over 20 pounds and I have lost 5. Every day I get to listen to him boast of his success. At first, I was glad for him, but, now, I just want to strangle him!

I thought that maybe I could get encouragement here, since I'm not getting it at home.

So, ladies, encourage away! LOL

I'm so grateful that Barb and Peschuntz are still here!
  • apromise2me
    apromise2me Posts: 12
    Options
    I quite regularly use my Omron pedometer and would like to join this group!

:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaki521
    jaki521 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm still not sure how to convert my steps into the exercise part of mfp. Is there a step converter to us or should I just record it as miles for the day?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have been on a trip for over a week and somewhat out of wifi range so I made a decision to take a vacation from logging food and exercise. I've been careful about my eating and have done some exercise but nothing like what I do at home. I managed to get 10,000 steps or more each day even if if meant walking up and down in my son's living room for 30 minutes at bedtime.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: the way I record steps is as a number of minutes at a walking speed (MFP has several different speeds to choose from) and use the calories it computes. It may not be entirely accurate but it's close enough
    I try to not overestimate either my minutes or my speed.

:flowerforyou: Susy, glad to see you exercising again and back with us...sorry about your health challenges.......you've probably heard it before, but never compare your weight loss journey with a man......you are so right to come to us....we will encourage you......I put a little sticker on my calendar every day that I walk 10,000 steps, last summer when I was walking more I upped the goal to 14,000. Now that I am walking less and have been trying to encourage myself to do yoga and pilates, I give myself a sticker if I do those workouts.

:flowerforyou: The pedometer I had before my Omron,recorded the motion of my exercise bike as steps and recorded a lot more of the movements in line dance so my step count was a lot higher than it is now with the Omron. I mourned my old one for a long time but now I am used to the new one.:smile:

:flowerforyou: I'd love to see this thread revived with all of us checking in every day or so.