What is a MILF? Should I be offended or what?

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You should be offended. You're not a cow to be publicly appraised, and especially not by a contemporary of your son.

Regardless of what some men might say, they wouldn't like it if women went around sizing up men and telling them "I'd like a piece of that." They'd have the massive insecurities as women caused by constant objectification.
    As someone who is frequently referred to as a "MILF", I'd like to say that I rather enjoy the compliment.

Speak for yourself.

LOVE YOU, LEA!! :heart:

I may or may not be referred to in this manner by passers-by...What I do know for sure is that the number of men that blatantly stare at my *kitten* while I am out walking and pushing my two toddlers in the double stroller as increased significantly.

And yes, I am responding to this in order to fish for compliments. So get busy, people. :drinker:
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You should be offended. You're not a cow to be publicly appraised, and especially not by a contemporary of your son.

Regardless of what some men might say, they wouldn't like it if women went around sizing up men and telling them "I'd like a piece of that." They'd have the massive insecurities as women caused by constant objectification.
    As someone who is frequently referred to as a "MILF", I'd like to say that I rather enjoy the compliment.

Speak for yourself.

LOVE YOU, LEA!! :heart:

I may or may not be referred to in this manner by passers-by...What I do know for sure is that the number of men that blatantly stare at my *kitten* while I am out walking and pushing my two toddlers in the double stroller as increased significantly.

And yes, I am responding to this in order to fish for compliments. So get busy, people. :drinker:

You know me, I'm pretty fond of your *kitten*. :devil:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I'm a gilf.

You're seriously a grandma?? I'm calling BS you look like your 20...although that would be one hell of a head start :laugh:

She is. I am her mother, so I'm a GGILF.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The terms "MILF" and "Cougar" are about the Culture's (men's) discomfort with attractive, sexually active, mature women.
    That might have been a good argument in the 80's, or maybe today if you live in the Middle East.
    It's also another demanding standard for women to try to live up to.
    Wait, you just said men don't want women to be that way. Now you're saying they do?

Oh really? A MiddleEast expert we have here.... Talk about stereotypes. Am a "MiddleEast" woman and strongly recommend you visit and hang out with local women and men to check your facts.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I take it as a compliment, doesn't bother me, but it takes a lot to offend me so I might not be a good judge.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be called a DILF someday

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream eating afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Quick observation, notcagumentative, just adding to the convo. Copine s point is why is there even a need for a word that describes "... an aggressive woman who likes younger men." that mere fact shows there are some judgemental thoughts behind it.
    Or there is a need for it because it's common. Not all older women are aggressive and like younger men, but if it's common enough then a term would come into being to distinguish between the two subgroups. That doesn't imply judgement. It's like having different names for red grapes and green grapes.:happy:

Oh dear.. We re so doomed
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am missing something...but the OP didn't say she didn't know what a MILF was. She was asking whether or not its a compliment. Basically 'hey how should I take this'. Especially since her son got pissed enough to hit his buddy..so to him it was clearly offensive. But is that only because its her son or because its an offensive term.
    Am I the only one that walked away thinking that?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Quick observation, notcagumentative, just adding to the convo. Copine s point is why is there even a need for a word that describes "... an aggressive woman who likes younger men." that mere fact shows there are some judgemental thoughts behind it.
    Or there is a need for it because it's common. Not all older women are aggressive and like younger men, but if it's common enough then a term would come into being to distinguish between the two subgroups. That doesn't imply judgement. It's like having different names for red grapes and green grapes.:happy:

Oh dear.. We re so doomed
    Why, because people can recognize that we aren't all the same without trying to decide which one is "better" than the other? Or because I don't have hangups about other peoples' sexual preferences?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    :laugh: everything has to turn in to a debate or argument on here....WHY???

Happy Chinese New Year!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I'm not agreeing with a lot of women on here and I take it as a compliment when someone calls me a MILF? I don't see how someone can read into this so much ...they're giving you a compliment and telling you. "hey you're hot, I'd bang you" ..I think it's awesome!

I like it, too!
  • loubumm
    loubumm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's pretty sad that half of you claim she's fishing for compliments.

She didn't ask if she was a milf, she asked what it was.

ignorance....not an attractive quality in anybody.

so, all these threads that are like, name whats cute about the person above you
    rate the person above you
    would you date the person above you.

Those posters are fishing for compliments. NOT this woman who in all honesty didn't know what a word meant and came to MFP where she is surrounded by people who are SUPPOSED to be like her, and gets accused of fishing for compliments.

wow.

And I still think you're wrong...but that's just my opinion.

And I'm not surprised that you (and others) have an opinion that differs from mine. I'm not sure why you would be shocked that others have opinions that differ from yours.

She probably DID ask google first! then came here! fishing I say. If you dont think so, great. I think FISHING!! Be secure in yourself and don't wait for people to tell you things to feel good. goodness me!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Happy Chinese New Year!

Because of Feminism [backs away from fire and ditches fuel can].
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Happy Chinese New Year!
    Because it's the internet. It ain't just MFP. And wait another few weeks, spring = ape breeding season.
  • amp187
    amp187 Posts: 374
    Options
    Stealth fishing for compliments
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Happy Chinese New Year!

RACIST!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode: :grumble: :angry:
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    It's pretty sad that half of you claim she's fishing for compliments.

She didn't ask if she was a milf, she asked what it was.

ignorance....not an attractive quality in anybody.

so, all these threads that are like, name whats cute about the person above you
    rate the person above you
    would you date the person above you.

Those posters are fishing for compliments. NOT this woman who in all honesty didn't know what a word meant and came to MFP where she is surrounded by people who are SUPPOSED to be like her, and gets accused of fishing for compliments.

wow.

And I still think you're wrong...but that's just my opinion.

And I'm not surprised that you (and others) have an opinion that differs from mine. I'm not sure why you would be shocked that others have opinions that differ from yours.

She probably DID ask google first! then came here! fishing I say. If you dont think so, great. I think FISHING!! Be secure in yourself and don't wait for people to tell you things to feel good. goodness me!

I honestly talked to her myself.
    she didn't know the meaning.
    And she didn't google it.
    Can't someone just not know something, and get an answer when they ask a question from a support site.

This **** is like going to school and asking a teacher a question and the teacher being like
    "always fishing for answers, go google it"
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    would you be upset if a 90 year old man said hey young lady you're beautiful?
    Sorry the times have changed and teens, or younger adults use slang.
    All the kid was saying is that she is beautiful.
    In his own terms.

Mothers strive harder to look as good as they can, overcoming weight gain, stretch marks, etc.
    Yes, MILF is a compliment. Get over it. (:

Quit being rude to the OP. She is a really nice woman, and if you could guess her age, you wouldn't be so rude and misunderstand her question.

I have 90 year old guys say that to me all the time.
    I'm a nurse and it's kind of cute to me.
    Although I'm not quite sure what that says about me if I'm hearing it from old men all the time- lol!!:bigsmile:

It says you're beautiful and they see it and like to tell you.
    (:
    :flowerforyou:

Or: It means that they have dropped their pen and they just couldn't reach it....Nurse, would you mind picking it up........? :bigsmile:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    i love milfs :D
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I get called this quite often:love:
This discussion has been closed.