Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sam- bring it girl. When are you going home? We are about on the same schedule for traveling again. We are headed to PA the 2nd week in July. If nothing else, I just want off the few I've put on recently, I'll take that and be happy with it.

Well my dad is coming from June 29th until july 7th and I would like to leave here on the 13th. I need a couple days to clean the house and possibly bake cakes for 3 different parties. two for sure waiting on the third one. 3 parties in 2 weeks just might kill me (my cousin graduated from college and her party is the 17th, My nephews baptism on the 18th (still waiting) and my baby turns two on the 21st!!) but since I know what the cake tastes like I won't have to have any!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: :wink: :laugh: hope I can keep to that!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- I REALLLLLY want to try and hook up with you in July if you have a day-- long way off, too far ahead to plan. But, it's been in my head for a while. I don't think I'm too far away from where you'll be. I'd drive to you in a New York minute!

(Healthy) food for thought.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Lori-- I REALLLLLY want to try and hook up with you in July if you have a day-- long way off, too far ahead to plan. But, it's been in my head for a while. I don't think I'm too far away from where you'll be. I'd drive to you in a New York minute!

I'm not all that far from there, either. Just saying.
  • Marla64
    Options

ooooooooh!!!!

Oh my gosh....that would be sooo awesome!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am jealous! Now I am looking at NYC tickets again!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have been sticking to my calories for a week with no weight loss. I am proud I am not discouraged! It will come off...:drinker:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options

ooooooooh!!!!

Oh my gosh....that would be sooo awesome!!!

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That would be the coolest! I will have some free time in the middle of the week I am there for sure. Weekends are packed full of family crap. Marla. Hubs even talked about NJ, he's got family there and talked about taking his Mom. He was born in Jersey City.... not that he advertises that one.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ok so I am jealous! Now I am looking at NYC tickets again!

I'm close to Newark, Lehigh Valley International, and Philly, my friend-- would pick you up in a heartbeat-- you can flop here--

You, too, Shuntae--
  • 72lori
    Options
    *sniff, sniff* Do I smell a meeting? A Black Team 'reunion' of sorts? Ohhhhh, let's do it! The only thing cooler would be to do a 5K somewhere together. Hmmmm, maybe July 17th.........
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    *sniff, sniff* Do I smell a meeting? A Black Team 'reunion' of sorts? Ohhhhh, let's do it! The only thing cooler would be to do a 5K somewhere together. Hmmmm, maybe July 17th.........

OMG wouldnt that be the cats pajamas!!!!>>>
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I wish I could join ya'll..What an amazing meeting that would be..Maybe next year we can all get together and run the music city half marathon...That would be amazing..Lance and his wife from the red team biggest loser, ran it here this year.

What a productive day today..gym,,worked..picked up littel girl..home..kids haircut...store...dinner..dishes..store again..Hubby is snaking the washing machine..it is over flowing when its draining..So I am off Tuesday and Wednesday and then work Thursday and then off Friday Saturday and Sunday,..Work Monday and off Tuesday Wednesday..I am so blessed..

Wellwhen my hubby gets done snaking the washer, I will wash my workout clothes..attempt to watch avatar..but must admit I HATE movies..perfect prescription for me to fall a sleep...

Then tomorrow my husband and I have been together for 10 years. I am gonna suprise him with a uptown banana pudding cheesecake with merguine on it..I dont like banana pudding and he loves it so I should be ok making this one...I wanna go out to dinner with himbut probably wont afraid of what the scale will say...Maybe I will eat a salad at chilis or something..I will probabkly burn like 1200 calories tomorrow..working out from 5-630 am and then go back to the gym at 8 amfor abs class from 8 to 830 and then an utlimate cardio class from 830 to 930..So I will probably be ok!!!

Well everyone has a great night!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Minus the price.... I'm probably the only one who thinks this looks fun.....huh?

http://www.downanddirtymudrun.com//ph.cfm#
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Minus the price.... I'm probably the only one who thinks this looks fun.....huh?

That does kind of sound like a good time....
  • Marla64
    Options

Minus the mud, I'm in.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Lori- That does sound like fun. Got race in july that I am considering that is a 5k in the dirt and mud followed by a military style obstical course. fun stuff!

Marla and friends-We wanna come too!

Had a good day today. Feeing pretty sore from a fall I took on my bike yesterday. Embarassing story really but funny. Practicing riding with my clipless pedals (For those who dont know what that is, it's cycling shoes with cleets that "Clip" into your pedals so your feet are attached. You have to twist your foot to unclip. Anyway, I deciede I am done so I ride into the garage and unclip my left foot. Problem is when I come to a stop the bike starts to lean right. Natural instinct kicks in and I go to put my right foot down. But alas...it's still clipped to the pedal. So over I go like a friggin redwood tree right into the trash cans and junk I have piled up. Ouch, skinned knee and quite a few bruises.

You guys can go ahead and laugh. Even though it hurt I can't help to chuckle when I think of what it must have looked like. TIMBER!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At least it happened in the privacy of my garage. lol
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori- That does sound like fun. Got race in july that I am considering that is a 5k in the dirt and mud followed by a military style obstical course. fun stuff!

Had a good day today. Feeing pretty sore from a fall I took on my bike yesterday. Embarassing story really but funny. Practicing riding with my clipless pedals (For those who dont know what that is, it's cycling shoes with cleets that "Clip" into your pedals so your feet are attached. You have to twist your foot to unclip. Anyway, I deciede I am done so I ride into the garage and unclip my left foot. Problem is when I come to a stop the bike starts to lean right. Natural instinct kicks in and I go to put my right foot down. But alas...it's still clipped to the pedal. So over I go like a friggin redwood tree right into the trash cans and junk I have piled up. Ouch, skinned knee and quite a few bruises.

You guys can go ahead and laugh. Even though it hurt I can't help to chuckle when I think of what it must have looked like. TIMBER!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm dying!!!!!!! Andrew, you're a hoot! Oh my gosh-- that must have looked hysterical.

http://www.shawneemt.com/s_poconoswurst5ktrailrun.html

This one's near you, Lori-- yes? Aren't you near the poconos?

I'm serious guys-- 5k or no 5k-- I'm in for this.

Flop on my floor!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Minus the mud, I'm in.

I gotta admit, the cautious part of me says that no good can come from an obstacle course in the mud. I am not allowed to be injured until Nov. 14!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Andrew I laughed out loud more then once..thanks for the great visual...

Goodnight my black teamers'
  • 72lori
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm dying!!!!!!! Andrew, you're a hoot! Oh my gosh-- that must have looked hysterical.

http://www.shawneemt.com/s_poconoswurst5ktrailrun.html

This one's near you, Lori-- yes? Aren't you near the poconos?

I'm serious guys-- 5k or no 5k-- I'm in for this.

Flop on my floor!!!

The mud makes it look fun but I'm cautious too.... kids and life and a husband leaving for 6 months a week later.... probably not the best choice I could make.

Marla- my family is in Chambersburg (about an hour south of Harrisburg, another 30 minutes south and you are in MD). Tom's family lives in Scranton/Wilkes Barre area, but we usually only go there for a day. His mom lives with his sister and it's tough to fit all of us in the house too. I also have been throwing around a trip toward Philly to see a friend (who we were supposed to be in the Poconos with when we are there, but ended up cancelling that trip because his brain cancer came back and he's in the middle of chemo).

We also threw around a trip back to our old house in Maryland, (Huntingtown Shuntae, pretty close to you). The problem ends up that we have a week and a thousand things we want to do. Add to that my parents who take off the whole week and then I feel guilty leaving.... although if I leave the kids there..... that's really all they care about anyway!

So, yes I would love, love to figure out something. We haven't completely decided when we are getting there or when we are leaving. So much to think about!
  • 72lori
    Options
    BTW Marla- I did see that run in the Poconos, did you look at the pics? It looks like they run up a flipping mountain on a trail. I was thinking Philly way would be easier for Shuntae.