Replies

• zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Starting month 2 of insanity monday!!!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Uhm.. I'm an idiot? LOL. I didn't measure right yesterday.. Long story short.. I've only lost 1.5".. (maybe 2, I did just eat so my stomach prob isn't entirely accurate) Yeah, not the 6.5" that I was so excited for yesterday... Minor setback.. Hopefully the end of march will show 6.5" at least...
  • uhmmyess
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just did my fit test and I'm starting p90x classic tomorrow.

I'm 20 and looking to get toned. And in awesome shape with actual real muscles haha... Add me if you want, I like people who I have things in common with. I'm also on team beach body as kyralaurren.
  • nmh20
    nmh20 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am doing Insanity and just finished the 1st week of Month 2. I have lost about 12-13 pounds so far, but have seen dramatic increases in my endurance, leg strength, and more toned arms and shoulders. I have also lost almost 3 belt-holes on my belt, the jeans I wore on New Years Eve don't really fit me anymore. Along the way I have had pain in my feet that has caused me to take a couple of extra days of rest, but overall my body feels great.

A lot of people on here have mentioned that they are just starting Insanity, or will start soon. Just a heads up - you WILL be sore the first week. My hamstrings and calf muscles were killing me the entire first week, I just continued to do the exercise through the soreness. You will find that after warming up and stretching the soreness goes away and allows you to finish the workout without any issues. The soreness eventually goes away, in fact I almost forgot about how sore I was the first week until I read someones post about soreness earlier. The first 2 times you do each workout are going to hurt, you will struggle to even make it through - but do your best and stick with it. The workout gets a little bit easier, although unless you are in outstanding physical condition, you won't be making it through the workouts without extra breaks your first time through.

Everyone should add me as a friend on here, am always looking for more inspiration and more people to help motivate!
  • nmh20
    nmh20 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what are everyone's LEAST favorite Insanity exercises?

In Month 1, I found the ski abs/in-and-out abs exercises to be really tough for me. Maybe it was just the timing with them happening at the end of the Cardio Plyo workout. So far in Month 2, the sitting switch kicks (how do they kick so high and fast on the videos?!?!) have been killing me. Also, from the Core Cardio/Balance workout, the shoulder burners and the hip flexor burners are straight up brutal.
  • Rebekahryoung
    Rebekahryoung Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started p90x lean yesterday. My glutes are so incredibly sore that I'm sure sitting down and standing will feel like hell for at least 3 days. I'm just curious how many days/months it will take me to be able to do the "Plank to Chaturanga Run" !! Hubby and I just laughed together as we planked and attempted the Chaturanga run to no avail. One day we'll get there. I've started p90x many times and have never made it past the first week. However, an impending move means that I will have to get another job and as my job requires a PFT I don't have time to mess around anymore. I am adopting the motto WUKAR (Wake up, Kick @$$, Repeat!)
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options

In Month 1, I found the ski abs/in-and-out abs exercises to be really tough for me. Maybe it was just the timing with them happening at the end of the Cardio Plyo workout. So far in Month 2, the sitting switch kicks (how do they kick so high and fast on the videos?!?!) have been killing me. Also, from the Core Cardio/Balance workout, the shoulder burners and the hip flexor burners are straight up brutal.

Oh the one where you do full body drills, then ski abs then in and out abs! Urgh!

I kinda like the shoulder burners cos I can do the whole thing but my boyfriend can't! I dislike the plié one where you go from side to side, then lift one foot and do the same, then both feet... I also HATE high knees!
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity... just started this week... my last blog post was about it actually.

http://likeatrex.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/the-things-people-forget-to-tell-you/

This made my day! I can't wait!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

yeah ski abs are tough, in fact that set in plyometric circuit with the in and outs and ski abs is one of the toughest in the program if you ask me.

I guess ski abs is my least favorite, but the only thing i couldn't get really get through like a champ after several rounds was the long lunge holds in the recovery day of the first month.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    check that, the high knee 'ladders' or pyramid sets in Max sports conditioning was my least favorite thing
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    which one is better to get first, insanity or p90? i'm obese and then some but i'm currently on 30 day shred level 2 and managing ok. and whats the difference between p90 and p90x? was thinking of going straight into jm body revolution after this, but bridesmaid end of june so would like the best results :flowerforyou:
  • Starleng
    Starleng Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 31/90 days of P90X. Time for muscle confusion! Hope I can move tomorrow. ;)
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I restarted Insanity on the 6th alongside TurboFire because TF isn't intense enough for me. My goal for this round of Insanity is a six pack and conquering Level 3 drills. I'm so terrible at push ups.
  • Starleng
    Starleng Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    which one is better to get first, insanity or p90? i'm obese and then some but i'm currently on 30 day shred level 2 and managing ok. and whats the difference between p90 and p90x? was thinking of going straight into jm body revolution after this, but bridesmaid end of june so would like the best results :flowerforyou:

I tried to do Insanity, but my knees wouldn't hold. I'm doing P90x and losing the inches while building up strength. I may try Insanity again after antoher round of P90x.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Switch kicks and those level 2 and 3 drills are my least favorite exercise.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    lol, oh yea, i never did all 32 push ups in a level two drill either, came really close a few times but never did all 32.

power pushs suck when your already winded too lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

all i really know is that Power 90 (p90) is the precuersor to power 90 extream (p90x) so i assume p90 is easier and i don't think there is any plyo metrics.

honestly its hard to say which is 'easier' between p90x and insanity. i guess a good rule of thumb would be if you hate cardio then p90x would be easier because there is really only two days of cardio (one hard one) and if you hate weight lifting then insanity would be easier becasue there is no weights (but still a lot of push ups and stuff).

Although i'm sure you get a great workout with the bands, i'd almost say you shouldn't bother with p90x if you can't do one pull up and i think it even suggest a minimum number of pull ups you should be doing before attempting the program in the fitness test protion of the fitness guide.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    which one is better to get first, insanity or p90? i'm obese and then some but i'm currently on 30 day shred level 2 and managing ok. and whats the difference between p90 and p90x? was thinking of going straight into jm body revolution after this, but bridesmaid end of june so would like the best results

Neither is particularly "easy". The reason I personally chose Insanity was because I didn't want to have to buy the extra equipment that P90X uses. Insanity was the better choice because I didn't need a lot of room and no equipment was needed either. Insanity is a lot of lower body moves: squats, lunges, jumps with pushups, planks and things like that thrown in as well. You're not going to build a ton of upper body muscle with it but you WILL get strength through the pushups. If you're looking to do a weight type routine then do the P90X.

And as someone else stated if you're not keen on weights then do Insanity. If you're not keen on cardio then do P90X.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, it sounds as though i'm better sticking to body revolution next and move on when i'm a lot lighter, but still, good to know
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    INSANITY Week 2 Day 3 Done! Plyometrics cardio circuit rocks! The plank push ups, in and out and side jumps were awesome (and tough, of course)!