Just for Today

Options

Replies

• tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love this quote!!! It makes this journey of getting healthy and weight loss much more bareable. Looking at it in the long term can be very discouraging. I am going to put this on my fridge, and make it party of my daily diary!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will avoid invisible calories. Invisible calories are the calories I consume without conscious thought: licking the peanut butter knife after making my children lunch, eating a handful of raisins when putting something away, nibbling on chocolate chips that my daughter got into and then left on the table, etc....
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will be grateful for what I have and proud of myself for continuing to make healthy choices and keeping junk food at bay.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will believe in myself!
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "Today I: Stop wishing, Start doing!"

(or i guess in this case "keep doing" might be a better term!)

Great thread! TY!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Such lovely children you have! Thanks for the inspiration. I don't remember how I found this place, but, I sure am glad someone led me here.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Such lovely children you have! Thanks for the inspiration. I don't remember how I found this place, but, I sure am glad someone led me here.

Thanks (about the children and about the thread). A preivious comment on the thread kind of put me in a slump and made me wonder if I should keep it up.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not beat myself up!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not beat myself up!
    :heart:

Good idea, for myself as well!!!

Thanks (about the children and about the thread). A previous comment on the thread kind of put me in a slump and made me wonder if I should keep it up.
    So many of us love this thread, don't you dare run off on us! :wink: The one comment out of how many over all these months? :wink: :smooched:

I :love: this thread, it's so meaningful and think about those that discover it and share how much they loved it when they found it! Way way way WAY more of those than the one silly post!:flowerforyou:

Just For Today: I will be so grateful for all that I have, all the wonderful friends here on MFP that are so positive to be around and my FT4 that I finally found at a way cool price!:smokin::laugh: So much to be thankful for & every moment is worth remembering how important making healthy choices in my life are, life is so much simpler that way!:love:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will plan ahead so I don't get stuck in the drive-thru after children's swimming lessons.
  • uwharriegold
    Options
    Just for today, I WILL!!!
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will bask in my accomplishments!
    Two months ago i didnt think i could pick up a 10lb dumbell and do a set of repetitions! (literally i thought 3lbs was to much!) Today I had to increase to the 10's. (and im getting stronger every day!)
    That i am enjoying (gasp!) the burn i get with my workout with my trainer! I never knew how to push myself before and i am finding it very gratifying even in those moments i do consider i might keel over! lol
    That i have lost 10lbs healthily without any gimmicks, pills or even diet! I still eat what i want but am trying to make healthier choices! Its a slow process for me but i think i might actually be getting it! (knock on wood!)
    and most importantly: I am proud of me for doing something for me and only me! (Im nearing my 6 week mark)

Thank you again for this thread! I enjoy it greatly!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Two months ago i didnt think i could pick up a 10lb dumbell and do a set of repetitions! (literally i thought 3lbs was to much!) Today I had to increase to the 10's. (and im getting stronger every day!)
    That i am enjoying (gasp!) the burn i get with my workout with my trainer! I never knew how to push myself before and i am finding it very gratifying even in those moments i do consider i might keel over! lol
    That i have lost 10lbs healthily without any gimmicks, pills or even diet! I still eat what i want but am trying to make healthier choices! Its a slow process for me but i think i might actually be getting it! (knock on wood!)
    and most importantly: I am proud of me for doing something for me and only me! (Im nearing my 6 week mark)

That's fantastic!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will have another incredible day of watching how far my body and mind have come!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be responsible for my own choices.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will finish up the day in a positive way.
  • javajudi77
    Options

Eighteen months ago I started my weight loss journey and have lost 30#s before joining MFP and kept it off. Now I am continuing that journey and have lost the first 2 #s of that journey.
    Since my back surgery 2 1/2 years ago I recuperated and am able to engage in the exercise needed to assist in my weight loss
    journey and journey to become healthier.

• CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not be controlled by fear! And what, you may well ask, is Kate so afraid of? Jillian Michaels! I will face her and conquer!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will try something new and crazy after yesterday.. like NOT eating my feelings! Gonna go sweat them out instead. :)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Fears faced. Workout done!